Tracks : too many S397/MG/Traxion advertising signs

Discussion in 'Wish Lists' started by pilAUTO, Sep 19, 2021.

1. PatientRF2fan

PatientRF2fan Registered

I hope they sell some space on their new tracks to generate revenue for development. Just put them off the track a bit.

I appreciate some nice effects when watching a track side camera replay.
    I have up-graded my system from time to time and get excited to crank up the settings but ultimately dial it back for the driving.

I share Davehenrie's notion that I don't need to see them popping the popcorn in the grandstands going by at 180mph. When it gets down to driving I always prefer frames to spare so when I have 15-20 ai the response times remain acceptable.

I do appreciate the effects that relate to racing:
    smoke, dust, dynamic skid, fire, spark, and even a simple sun road reflection.

Shadows are a big aspect for racing but the effect doesn't always work and it is distracting when it is being drawn on the walls 30ft ahead.

tires, shadows and gear box is my wish list

2. TurboHenk

TurboHenk Registered

Yes it completely ruins the immersion. Really ruins all the new tracks.

mesfigas likes this.
  3. pilAUTO

pilAUTO Registered

It bothers me especially on the Nurburgring in all these layouts.

Because I specifically love this track.

It's a shame for the other tracks too, but personally and I mean personally, I use them so little that it's not too serious for me.

4. Lazza

Lazza Registered

@TurboHenk @pilAUTO

Alex already posted in this thread clarifying that banners are where real banners are, and with similar colour schemes.

So I ask again - what would you prefer? Do you want no banners where there are banners in real life, or do you want more variety? Don't just come along and say you don't like it - say what you want.

5. TTM

TTM Registered

Modder can add adverts what they want, but s397 just can’t add what they want without licensing them. Also colours of the logos have to be as how designer is designed them.
    If you want more variety, just contact to companies and if you are lucky they might want give some money to S397 or S397 have to pay some money and then S397 will add more sponsor logos to tracks. :)

Last edited: Sep 20, 2021
  6. Seven Smiles

Seven Smiles Registered

Welcome to the weird and wonderful world of 21st century economics where advertisers pay millions to have their adverts shown but game developers have to pay those same advertisers to put their adverts in front of thousands of people o_O

Next: Goodwood Revival where advertising that was paid for in the 70s is still being shown, for free, today - and bypassing the laws in cigarette advertising :cool:

7. pilAUTO

pilAUTO Registered

Once again, and you seem to have trouble understanding it, the role of ordinary users is not to find solutions, whatever they are, IT'S UP TO THE DEVELOPER.

On the other hand, the simple user can say what from his point of view needs to be changed or improved (if it is possible, and it is not for the simple user to find solutions, except of course if he wishes to propose some and that he has some ideas).

What I wish, especially on the Nurburgring in all these layouts, is not to see those hundreds of "S397 or MG or Traxion" signs anymore, there are hundreds of them, and some are about the size of 5 meters on 5 meters, it's delusional.

It seems to interest a lot of people here, no need to do its killjoy, just let S397 see if they can intelligently find a complete or partial solution, even partial.

PS
    I have nothing more to say in this discussion, I have already said all the content of what I wanted to say on the subject.

To S397 to find a soution, or not.

8. Lazza

Lazza Registered

If you're talking to me please quote or @ me. It's not that hard.

9. CeeBee

CeeBee Registered

I asked the question about Monaco on ISI forum, the modders said the track is encrypted and skins cannot be made.. if thats the case then the obvious answer is to NOT encrypt the banners and allow leagues and modders to do it after the fact, keeping tracks up to date for '20, '21 and 22 etc.

So are these track banner encrypted making it hard to skin them or is it a simple matter to just skin them?

https://www.internationalsimracing.com/forum/index.php?topic=5389.msg45118#msg45118

3377 likes this.
  10. I_Bellett

I_Bellett Registered

As @Lazza and @AMillward point out, this is due to licensing.

In order to display the actual ad banners in-game, an additional license fee would need to be paid, which could increase the price of the Circuit DLC. It would also make it impossible for event organisers to replace the banners, which would reduce the "flexibility" of the circuit mod.

11. pilAUTO

pilAUTO Registered

Hi.

Not being Anglo-Saxon, I use the following process for my posts :

1) Google translate.
    2) Copy and paste with formatting.

It is in the second part that I put the people I am quoting.

I just forgot, no disrespect on my part.

Have a good day (or night lol).

12. Mitch9

Mitch9 Registered

I´d guess you can make an upgrade rfcmp by replacing the textures with your own, IF you can guess what the original files are called

13. 3377

3377 Registered

This problem of encryption is why I doesn't buy (or only a fiew) DLC. I just take the free tracks and modify it as I wish. Heck even adding more sponsors with blender/3dsimed.

One solution would be to be able to modify the sponsorship of the track. Like it was mentioned not encrypting the mas file with the sponsor texture is the way to go.

Hazi likes this.