Wheel shakes when car is off

Discussion in 'Technical & Support' started by Todd Breedlove, Sep 19, 2021.

1. Todd Breedlove

Todd Breedlove Registered

Fanatec 2.5 base and Formula wheel v2.5x I've searched high and low.. As soon as you enter the car the wheel shakes when don't hold it. When you hold the wheel it comes under control let the wheel go it starts to shake again. Any idea's? I've adjusted all the in game FFB setting to no avail.

2. davehenrie

davehenrie Registered

Does this shaking occur with S397 cars or modded cars? Always verify with an official car and even an official track whenever possible.
    Usually shaking like you describe can be tuned out with the Fanatec or ingame adjustments. I know you said you tried adjusting, but what adjustments in game did you test? Try altering the min. force, or reduce the FFB setting in game or via the fanatec control panel.

3. CeeBee

CeeBee Registered

took me quite a while to dial this idle oscillation out of my setup, so we are clear the car is ON, but, not moving... or is rolling under low to no input, but is not "OFF" as per your post title, it is on and engine is running. (when my engine is off, my wheel does nothing)

I use a DD1, so specific settings may vary but these three are a good starting point, especially NDP.

NDP (Natural Damper) up to 25%
    NFR (Natural Friction) to about 5%
    FEI (Game Force Strength) down to 90%

upload_2021-9-20_6-26-6.png

[edit]
    Handy tip, if you hover your mouse on the control name, a popup will appear explaining what it does, these two for oscillation control should help.
    upload_2021-9-20_6-29-36.png
    upload_2021-9-20_6-29-56.png

4. David Short

David Short Registered

Hi Todd there is a pretty easy .Json file fix so you don't have to mess with all your wheel settings especially if you like strong FFB settings.
    File path- Steam>Steamapps>common>rFactor2>Userdata>Player>controller click on controller to open the controller notepad look for the setting "Steering Torque zero-speed multi" I think the default is 0.45 change that to somewhere between 0.10 to 0.20 and save your changes. Then the wheel will stop shaking but you can still feel a realistic amount of resistance when you turn your wheel when you're stationary or barely moving.
    Good luck.

Peter Stefani and Todd Breedlove like this.
  5. Todd Breedlove

Todd Breedlove Registered

David Short likes this.