New UI wishlist

Discussion in 'Wish Lists' started by Mitch9, Sep 6, 2020.

1. Alex96

Alex96 Registered

I'd rather have some of the things discussed here fixed earlier than, for example, putting the tire compounds on the overlay.
    There are details that I don't think are too difficult to fix and that EVERY user uses / needs. You only use the overlay if you do a broadcast, and how many people are going to watch it ???, it is a matter of priorities, what is more important, the player or the spectator?

EricW likes this.
  2. nolive721

nolive721 Registered

Not sure if this has been asked before but having the possibility to navigate through the UI with my wheel Dpad is on top of my list

something ala ACC or AMS2 would be a great addition in my views here

TurboHenk and Mitch9 like this.
  3. nolive721

nolive721 Registered

Am I alone thinking this feature would benefit the perception of this new UI then?

Is that because it would feel consolish in the way navgating menus?

But then most other PC sims provide this support so difficult for me to understad maybe someone can share insiders views here?

4. davehenrie

davehenrie Registered

Since this is a 'wishlist' I think every wheel offered by every manufacturer like Fanatec, TM, CS etc all should supply a digital image of the various wheels. That way, for users who have multiple wheels, or users that display the wheel in the cockpit, the digital wheel would emulate the physical one. (I know my super large BMW wheel won't fit in an F1 cockpit, but I'm WISHIN'. ) I'd even go so far as to provide a template where users can match labels for whatever assignments they have made for each physical button. Kodi could make a fortune painting wheels to match an individual's sim wheel for each car he drives....

Mitch9 likes this.
  5. Mitch9

Mitch9 Registered

Navigating the menus with the steering wheel has always been confusing for me, but I´m sure it would be smooth if I gave it some time; seems rather useful for people that may not have their keybard and mouse at hand in their rig.

I´ve always wanted to have the image of my steering wheel in game too, like some old console games had. Probably just for the base or most common wheels of any model, but it would be really helpful since the buttons of my steering wheel don´t match their in-game names.
    I have multiple profiles for different types of cars and it´s always really annoying to remember which button I mapped where!

nolive721 and davehenrie like this.
  6. lagg

lagg Registered

The idea of having our own wheel ingame is good, but is more complicated.
    Everything in the game is a 3D model, then the posibility to put an image of a wheel is not an option. The 3D model of the wheel should fit with in the car and the hands of the driver and this can difer from one car to another.

Note: Furthermore, this has nothing to do with the UI

7. TurboHenk

TurboHenk Registered

Couldn't agree more, AMS2 has a perfect UI for example, which is even more perfect with gamepad use. I don't understand why S397 chose for this "new" UI.

8. Filip

Filip Registered

Don't know about gamepad but AMS2 UI design/usability/performance is top notch.

TurboHenk likes this.
  9. F1Aussie

F1Aussie Registered

I personally don't think that AMS2 UI is that great but it is certainly better than rf2's. Now raceroom sea to have an outstanding UI now. Was on there tonight for first time in about a year and it is very impressive now.

juanchioooo likes this.
  10. JimmyT

JimmyT Registered

@lagg is this still a thing, I can't seem to find this line in the Multiplayer.json
    Thanks in advance.

11. lagg

lagg Registered

Ah, i didn't know that this parameter has disappeared.
    A shame

12. Binny

Binny Guest

My wish UI will be working and more up to date and easier for the user by xmas, hope im not asking for much

13. felirrari

felirrari Registered

*Dark mode
    *Cancel download mod button in multiplayer
    *List mode in servers and cars selection by default
    *Graphics and display in one menu
    *Chat window visible.

B. Gant likes this.