rfactor Pro looks…

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by GTClub_wajdi, Sep 17, 2021.

1. GTClub_wajdi

GTClub_wajdi Registered

Woww.. this track looks real

2. sg333

sg333 Registered

I'd rather this one. Probably costs 50k per month to rent though :D

memoNo1, tjc and Sim_Player like this.
  3. Filip

Filip Registered

No VR no buy!

4. pilAUTO

pilAUTO Registered

Even though VR is the best thing, I went back from VR to a small 24 inch screen, full HD and full ultra graphics.

Playing rF2 is very pleasant like that.

We don't have to be extreme.
    "no 100,000 € motion rig no buy lol". I am joking.

TuningIn and Seven Smiles like this.
  5. isamu

isamu Registered

Where can we get this version of the shuto Expressway? Have they made it available to modders?

6. lagg

lagg Registered

You can get it here
    https://www.rfpro.com/
    If a modder is a company with a big budget that is allowed to modify it, then yes.
    The customers o rFpro are mainly automotive companies or big supliers (Toyota, Ferrari, Honda, Ford, GM, Porsche, Renault, Lotus, Hiunday, Volkswagen, Bosch, Shell, Adac, etc)

That was the long answer.
    The short one is:
    None
    No
    :p

7. TuningIn

TuningIn Registered

To each their own. I prefer screen(s) as well.

You know this reminds me of automobiles at car shows even with overwhelming raving feedback of “you have to make it. I’d be the first in line. I’d buy the first one,” yet when it’s produced, sales are non existent.

8. lagg

lagg Registered

Agree totally.

9. pilAUTO

pilAUTO Registered

When you use VR, the best system in terms of immersion and realism,

PROVIDED YOU HAVE A HIGH-POWERED AND VERY EXPENSIVE PC TO BENEFIT BOTH OF BEAUTIFUL AND IMMERSIVE GRAPHICS AND THE RAIN AND THE DAY NIGHT AND DAY CYCLE AND VERY VARIED MULTICLASS AND MANY OPPONENTS,

we think it is impossible to return to a screen.

It is wrong and a little arrogant.

I said like you, then I went back to a very small full HD screen, with graphics and performance 10,000 times better than in VR, and I got used to it very quickly.

Now what is certain is no VR without Reverb G2 equivalent and above all, above all strongly overclocked RTX 3080 TI. The poor performance and horrible graphics got me too much in VR.

And a lot of people use VR reprojection, for me it's impossible, the image is gross both in terms of fluidity and visual aspect.

10. juanchioooo

juanchioooo Registered

The immersion far exceeds the graphics, I will not return to the monitor, and I do not have an expensive PC, nor an expensive graphic, not even expensive VR glasses, but I will not return to the monitor ...
    an i5 8600k oculus rift and a gtx 1070 until a few months ago were going very well, it is not expensive, but if you really want to see it well I recommend automobilista 2, since we cannot have everything, spectacular graphics and spectacular physics, although after the last changes of the rain really in rain rfactor looks fatal, but since it does not rain every day I will take advantage of dry ...

I upgraded to better glasses and a little better graphics, but the i5 is the same and it works very well for me.without overclocking

11. juanchioooo

juanchioooo Registered

I have no problem with the day-night cycle

I hope that by saying I do not return to the monitor, .. do not call me too arrogant;)

Last edited: Sep 17, 2021
  12. lagg

lagg Registered

It's possible in your case.
    I'm totally sure that i will not return to screen.
    Arrogant? Why?
    I don't say that VR is better than screen.
    I changed my vr headset some time ago and stopped playing, until the new one arrived.
    For me, beautiful graphics are not important. But see the things at real size, around me and with stereoscopic view, yes.
    Am i arrogant for this? I don't think so. Simply is what i prefer. Is vr better than screen? i don't know, but it's not important, for me.
    The important thing of a hobby is to enjoy it.

memoNo1 likes this.
  13. GTClub_wajdi

GTClub_wajdi Registered

For me VR in the last 6 years. Never looked back to monitor…. I have the G2 Reverb and can’t wait for the Index 2.

juanchioooo likes this.
  14. juanchioooo

juanchioooo Registered

Well, I don't move from the Pimax 8k plus at the moment

GTClub_wajdi likes this.
  15. AlexHeuskat

AlexHeuskat Registered

I won"t return to VR, it's aliased, pixelised, it ruins the eyes, and I couldn't find/see my real shifter with this ugly heavy headset...so much missed shift and lost time......I prefer my beauty 4k 144z HDR10 GSYNC Ultimate monitor...the top of the technology....but not the same budget...once you have 4k gsync ultimate 144hz hdr10, you can't go back to VR....just the GSYNC feature for me destroys any VR....

Last edited: Sep 17, 2021
  16. memoNo1

memoNo1 Registered

17. pilAUTO

pilAUTO Registered

The word arrogant was not for you, nor for anyone. I didn't use the right term. Sorry for that.

In any case, I assure you that playing rF2 in ultra on PBR tracks is a great pleasure (immersion and visual) and I agree with you on the real and indisputable advantages of VR.

Just the day when we can put everything in ultra, with a high resolution and native to a VR headset, with a sufficiently large FOV, excellent and almost perfect performance, without having to buy a PC at 5000+ euros (madness...), it will be really great.

When I could afford to pay for example 3080 TI + Reverb G2, I would.

But not with inferior material, out of the question.

lagg likes this.
  18. juanchioooo

juanchioooo Registered

the immersion far exceeds the graphics .... by the way, for example the Rallies pilots do not look at the gear lever or the handbrake ... why do I want to see the gear lever?:rolleyes::p ...
    that's intuitive, you know where it is, if you look at the lever it crashes :D...
    In short, virtual reality or the monitor is not mandatory, it is optional, that you do not like it does not mean that it is worse, but the immersion far exceeds the monitor, and every day there are better glasses, also I enjoy it incredibly more. ... obviously there are people for all tastes, but my eyes are not damaged like yours ... and I will not return to the monitor either by pixels or by hertz:):):)

19. juanchioooo

juanchioooo Registered

Maybe it will be better for you and see Project Cars or AMS2 because today the PBRs are not the Panacea

20. GTClub_wajdi

GTClub_wajdi Registered

I can use my shifter and even I use my 3 button boxes with my VR without any problem and all that with my motion system … I don’t miss any shift and why I should see my steering wheel when I can see virtually in VR?!
    For the graphics side I think that the G2 reverb and the Pimax have done both great improvement in the graphics quality and I’m sure that the upcountry Index 2 will be the true next gen headset…

juanchioooo likes this.