What is real ingame Instance name for SLOT<ID> ?

Discussion in 'Technical & Support' started by Warlock, Sep 15, 2021.

1. Warlock

Warlock Registered

Hi,

I try to use "Self In Rearview" param from player.JSON. I want to see rear wing and rear wheels of my car. It's very helpful to see a car gabarits, especial on oval track in series like Indycar to see is it safe or not to move inside\outside.
    In rFactor1 I just write in this param instance name that I want to show in my mirrors. But in rFactor2 for unknown reason logic of this param was inverted and now I need to write instance name that I want REMOVE from my mirror. It's ok, but... I want remove Instance=SLOT<ID> and I don't know what is real ingame instance name I have to use for remove this instance from my mirrors? Just using SLOT<ID> of cource doesn't work. In game this instance got some name, but what is the in game name? What I have to use to remove it from my mirrors?
    Can somebody help me?

P.S. It will very helpful if will be added additional parms like "Self In Rearview Rule" with value like 0 - listed in "Self In Rearview" instances will be removed from mirrors all other will be displayed; 1 - listed in "Self In Rearview" instances will be displayed in mirrors all other will be removed;

Alexandr Meshkov likes this.
  2. Alexandr Meshkov

Alexandr Meshkov Registered

More than that if you typing any instances in "Self In Rearview" it excludes that instances from main view as well. For example I put Cockpit instance in and I can see no cockpit from drivers view.

[​IMG]

Warlock likes this.
  3. Coutie

Coutie Moderator Staff Member

Slot<XX> contains all graphical information for the car, so I wouldn't do that. Also, its not a static ID, so you couldn't do it anyway.

4. Warlock

Warlock Registered

Hmm, it's a bad thing.
    This is works perfect in the rFactor 1 because rule of "Self In Rearview" has correct logic.
    "Self In Rearview" rule in rF1:
    Empty for nothing, * for everything,... here the logic says : it's a must be a list of instances for render in mirrors! and yes in rF1 it was so. You have to list comma-delimited instances you want to draw in mirrors! Because empty is nothing and * is mask that means everything from the times of MS-DOS (operation system from 1980)! It was made with correct logic.

But in rF2, logic was inverted. It's still stay "empty for nothing, * for everything", but now goes inverted logic : "list comma-delimited instances you want _removed_"!!! And that initiate a problems because it's just make this param unusable. Because it's just impossible to use something else except the empty or * as we can't remove car's body. Alexandr's post shows that even if we list some instances it's disappear at all (not only from mirrors) that real bug.

So here is my suggestion. If it possible. Back rF1 logic for that param : "list comma-delimited instances you want to draw in your mirrors".

If for some reason you want to have inverted logic, maybe it's possible to add flexability for that param and add additional param like "Self In Rearview Rule" with value like 0 - listed in "Self In Rearview" instances will be removed from mirrors all other will be displayed; 1 - listed in "Self In Rearview" instances will be displayed in mirrors all other will be removed;