Competition System Blog | Week 21

Discussion in 'News & Notifications' started by Paul Jeffrey, Sep 15, 2021.

1. Paul Jeffrey

Paul Jeffrey

atomed, lagg and Gerard Tillman like this.
  2. GAETAN.VALERO

GAETAN.VALERO Registered

Hello, I would like to know where we ask the questions?
    Please

3. doddynco

doddynco Registered

'Are S397 planning to look at onboard sound effects, and camTV which is a very important part of a simulation?

leseb64
    We are, but I can’t say much about this yet.'

<--- This is absolutely the best thing I've heard for a long time. Maybe soon we will hear news about improvements, or likely, a complete replacement of the sound engine. Hopefully something like WWise, as they have just released a new software which can supposedly be intergraded into any game engine - this would be incredible because we could even have things like cockpit early reflection modelling (think GT sport cockpit resonances and throaty exhaust sounds) and rich, detailed dynamic track reverberations. Or maybe Fmod as is proven with Assetto Corsa. Super excited about this because Rf2 sound is so far behind the competition that even the most basic improvements will be revolutionary.

Quick shout out to whoever did the sound for the BMW class 1 DTM and the Formula Pro because you're doing some great work considering the sound engine you're working with. Would the same person please take a look at the Radical SR3 because it desperately needs some Eq and mixing (it's currently awful - soo bad I can hardly believe it).

kados, leseb64 and atomed like this.
  4. davehenrie

davehenrie Registered

Here, in this thread. They will then be addressed in the Blog.

5. Maarten Nauta

Maarten Nauta Registered

When can I see how many and which other people have registered and when can I register for an individual session, say, a day in advance preferably through the web. Now you lose 30mins on waiting, practise session another warmup etc to find out there are 3 people in the race?

Note the main keyword here is "when". A lot of the questions i see on this blog have little to do with making the CS system "viable" at this point...

atomed likes this.
  6. Paul Jeffrey

Paul Jeffrey

Yes, as @davehenrie said - please post questions in the thread, and we will get them added to our list for the next scheduled blog release :)

Cheers

7. pilAUTO

pilAUTO Registered

@Paul Jeffrey
    @Marcel Offermans

Hi,

I think it would be interesting that we will be able to ask, like here for online competition system, our questions (precise or more general) concerning the physics engine and the physics update of the cars accordingly, and that you answer them as you do here.

I'm not saying it doesn't matter what you do here of course, but answering questions about the present and future realism of simulation... is just 10 times more important seriously !

Could you consider a bi-monthly or monthly communication on this format (or one that would handle most of the issues as well as possible).

Thank you for thinking about it.

It has been too long since there are dozens of legitimate questions on this subject.

Nieubermesch likes this.
  8. lagg

lagg Registered

Another option to the sugestion of @pilAUTO would be that, this blog would not only were related to the CS.
    In this case we could ask different things here and the blog would have more content and could be more useful.

Nieubermesch likes this.
  9. Paul Jeffrey

Paul Jeffrey

Thanks chaps. We are actually considering making changes to the blog and its theme(s) going forward - so stay tuned for the next one where we will reveal all!

leseb64, davehenrie, Spyro and 2 others like this.
  10. Diego Barjollo

Diego Barjollo Registered

In a Road Map from a few months ago (maybe last year), it was said that the more of rFactor2 was known internally, the more the complexity of this was discovered.
    Considering everything you have planned in the "to-do list" and the difficulty of developing a competition system and integrating everything into the simulator that was born years ago, have you thought about the option of abandoning the development of rF2 and set a release date for rF3 (or whatever you want to call it) in 2 or 3 years, with an online competition system integrated from the start, a current graphics engine and all the other features that you would like to carry out?

11. Remco Majoor

Remco Majoor Registered

Are tracks that are used in the CS tested for track cuts etc before they are used?

12. HomieFFM

HomieFFM Registered

First competition race at Daytona, when?

13. guenther

guenther Registered

Not really CS related, but I think that is still a place to ask for: Are there any plans to improve the verbosity of the trace logs? Even on highest verbosity, e. g. a mod install error is printed as "mod install error", so basically without any additional information. Even better would be to get a really verbose message on the client when connecting to a (CS) server with a failure.

14. GAETAN.VALERO

GAETAN.VALERO Registered

Hello

Everyone, here I would like to know if you are going to improve your graphics engine soon or change it because as you well know, graphically the game is starting to be very old (except your new cars which in the end work alongside the landscape) .
    Especially since it lacks a lot of aliasing even the game to the maximum there is always the staircase effect. For the colors they are very realistic much better than other simulations where they have very cartoon colors.
    I play with a 3 screen but unfortunately the game is really not optimized, impossible for me to stream with your game.

I could have asked what I expect the most. (a true multiplayer). But first I'd like to finally we'd like rFactor 2 to deserve graphics and optimization from a 2021 game.

which stands out a lot when it comes to Simracing games, people dream of a multiplayer from Iracing with the physics of cars and circuit of rFactor 2.

And people expect your multiplayer so much but like i said i hope first to have a really nicer and better game.
    Continue like this, your physique and amazing.

That's several questions at the same time I know.
    Thank you
    Gaëtan

15. Manta

Manta Registered

My buddies and I love Mills Metro, Toban and Loch Drummond so I wanted to ask if there are any plans for a new fictional track?

16. Paul Jeffrey

Paul Jeffrey

Hello @GAETAN.VALERO

Thank you for your post above, however I'd like to ask you a favour please? Can I ask you to post your questions again, but in a very short and condensed manner? Basically, I'm not sure how to word this for the question log, so if you could post them again but as bullet points, in as concise of a way as possible, I'd really appreciate it, thank you :)

Cheers!

17. pilAUTO

pilAUTO Registered

I posted this in the "WishList" section, but realized that I could ask the question here, as a number of questions not directly related to the blog are often answered.

https://forum.studio-397.com/index....peak-about-your-projects-realism-field.70448/

To put my question in a simple and concise way :

What do you think you will improve in your Physics Engine in the short (6 months), medium (12 months) and long term (24 months and more) ?

Also, can you indicate if you plan to update the approximately 55 S397 cars in terms of physics, not just the most popular ones ?

I would be very happy to learn more about this topic.

Thank you.

18. zxd1997

zxd1997 Registered

IRL, LMP2 have TC1 TC2, and no fuel mixture map and TC override (from real driver), and the electric system in rF2 is a little outdated, any plan to update it?
    And, LMV seems have updated physic and tyre model, when can we got them too with shinny lmv skins?

19. juanchioooo

juanchioooo Registered

Is it going to give virtual reality a major boost? If so, in what sense or details do you have foreseen?

20. pilAUTO

pilAUTO Registered

I take this opportunity to add a question broadening Juan's question, and which would certainly have a positive impact on VR, but especially for all systems :

An optimization of the overall performance of the graphics engine, in particular the low sun/sunrise/sunset and night, rain and wet roads, multi-application of AI or competitors, optimization of multiclass, new computer technologies, many more parameters to adjust in the graphics options so that the user can best optimize according to these priorities and his system..... Etcetera.

Thank you.

Nieubermesch and juanchioooo like this.