From the new UI, the setup cannot be shared in the race session

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by JParra, Mar 18, 2021.

1. JParra

JParra Registered

Hello everyone.

In my community, to help beginners, we have a rule according to which the winner of the race must share his setup with the rest of the drivers before the race session ends.

Since switching to the new user interface, this is not possible until the session is switched, thus creating confusion by sharing, intentionally or not, a different configuration than what was used in the race.

We run with a park fermé.

Is there a way to re-enable this?

Thanks.

2. petrolhead

petrolhead Registered

You can, are you running the release candidte version

3. JParra

JParra Registered

I am not in any beta and the problem is widespread in my community.

4. Neil Tyler

Neil Tyler Registered

HI JParra,

Hopefully I havent misunderstood the question and I apologise if I am telling you something that you already know.

To share setups, once in the server, load the setup you want to send and then go to 'Summary' and next to the save button is one that says 'share'. Click on it and it will show you all the racers in the server and you choose which one to send it to.

You have to have the setup you want to share loaded as it will send your current setup.

Hope his is of some use,

E

5. Sauron04

Sauron04 Registered

Hi, I'm a JParra community partner. Our problem is that we race with "Parc Fermé" after qualifying, and at the end of the race session the winner must share his setup.
    Before the last update it was possible to share, but after the mandatory change of UI and other updates it is no longer possible. Then, at the end of the race session and going to P1, it can be shared again, but while the "Parc Fermé" is there, it cannot be shared.
    We would like to know if there is something special we have to do during the "Parc Fermé" or is it that they have forgotten to implement it.
    Thanks

6. JParra

JParra Registered

In the last race last night we saw that the problem is still there.
    The share setup button is grayed out and the setup cannot be shared with anyone after the race.

Is this going to be like this from now on or is it a bug that will be fixed?

It is to know if we change our regulations forever or wait for a response from S397.

Thanks and regards.

7. Sauron04

Sauron04 Registered

Hi there.
    What about this topic?
    The option to share the setup after race with "park fermé" was possible before moving to the new UI. It's been a long time since. Since the update to the new UI, in closed park races, once the race is over, the setup can no longer be shared (in RACE sesion). This option did not bother or hurt anyone. I do not understand why they have removed it. Or maybe it is a bug? Could you please re-implement it.
    Thanks.

8. sujatavid

sujatavid Registered

To share setups, once in the server, load the setup you want to send and then go to 'Summary' and next to the save button is one that says 'share'. vidmate.app saveinsta

Last edited: Oct 3, 2022
  9. Sauron04

Sauron04 Registered

Yes, that's correct, and it works in normal conditions, but if you plan a race with "parc fermé" that closes setup fropm classification to race, that "Share" button is nullified. Before the new UI it worked and I don't understand why they have removed this function for "parc fermé".