FPS Issuses with 24h Nordschleife

Discussion in 'Technical & Support' started by Andy90, Sep 9, 2021.

1. Andy90

Andy90 Registered

Hello :) i buyed the Nordschleife DLC and the normal version from the Nordschleife without the stadium is fine. But when i try to play the 24h version my fps drops down to 20 or even less.

When i disable the mirror the fps is a bit bether and when i leave the stadium is also fine. I guess there is a object within the stadium which creates a bug because when the game dont need to render anything from the stadium its fine.

My Speccs:
    AMD Ryzen 3600x
    16GB RAM
    Geforce 1030 (i know not the best model but shouldnt be the issue tbh)

Best regards Andy

2. Lazza

Lazza Registered

Wrong.

Video ram. Any time you run out of RAM performance plummets.

3. Andy90

Andy90 Registered

yeah my vram isnt full. I checked this allready. I also tested it on my work station with a Quadro RTX 6000. Also got fps drops there

4. Lazza

Lazza Registered

What are the full specs of your 1030?

5. Andy90

Andy90 Registered

• Chip: GP108-310-A1 "Pascal"
    • Chipfrequenc: 1189MHz, Boost: 1430MHz
    • Memory: 2GB DDR4, 1050MHz, 64bit, 16.8GB/s
    • Shader/TMUs/ROPs: 384/24/16
    • computing power: 1098GFLOPS (Single), 34GFLOPS (Double)

Puting Graphics down to low dosen't help. Chaning the resulution to 720p dosen't make a diffrence eighter.

Last edited: Sep 9, 2021
  6. juanchioooo

juanchioooo Registered

If it is a minimum monitor a gtx 1060 6g, less than that gives problems, better still a 1660, from there to the top

not a graphics to play, just browsing and very poor multimedia or games

Andy90 likes this.
  7. davehenrie

davehenrie Registered

Most of my DLC tracks consume 6 to 8 GB of video ram @ 1040p. I would never recommend a 2 GB card to work with rF2's modern Laser Scanned tracks. You can run some of the older content, but the new cars and new tracks place huge demands upon video subsystems.
    Having said that, there have been plenty of reports of reduced performance, even from the GP circuit. I believe the entire layout is loaded into Vram (or as much as possible) so that just because you can't SEE the far reaches of the track, those areas, including the Stadium, are still consuming resources.

Andy90 likes this.
  8. Andy90

Andy90 Registered

Thanks for all the anwsers. I work as 3D Artist this is the reason why i know how games and the render process work.

Its a bit sad to hear because I realy like rfactor 2 and want buy the GT3 cars but im not sure if i even can play with them. I also dont know why the requiremnts are like this.
    • Setzt 64-Bit-Prozessor und -Betriebssystem voraus
    • Betriebssystem: Windows 7, 8, 8.1 or 10, with latest Service Packs
    • Prozessor: 2.8 GHz Intel Core 2 Duo or 3.0 GHz AMD Athlon II x2
    • Arbeitsspeicher: 4 GB RAM
    • Grafik: nVidia GTS 450 or AMD Radeon 5750
    • DirectX: Version 9.0c
    • Netzwerk: Breitband-Internetverbindung
    • Speicherplatz: 30 GB verfügbarer Speicherplatz
    • Soundkarte: DirectX Compatible

(sorry for the german) so it says GTS 450 with 1 GB Vram....the requiremnts should be updated or make seperate for the dlc content. I hope that S397 will work at the polishing and optimize the game on a proper way like Occlusion Culling.

Best Regards Andy

9. Dave^

Dave^ Registered

Those specs are for the base game when it was released X years ago.

There have been many many updates and new content since then.

Not very helpful I know, S397 really should update those requirements.

10. Andy90

Andy90 Registered

Well so i guess its time to buy a new graphic card because i realy like to play this sim. Sad that you cant realy play with a quadro graphic card.

11. davehenrie

davehenrie Registered

This is a topic we have pushed to have updated. The trouble is, with the minimum standards, you probably CAN load one car at the absolute barest of graphic settings at some of the tracks. If you want to really appreciate the feedback and feel of this sim, you need to push well beyond the bare minimum. 6GB minimum Vram, 16GB system ram, a stout processor, and if VR is your thing, even higher standards. Given that the Nordscheilffe is the largest track in the rF2 DLC universe, folks should not expect the immense size will fit nicely in systems with older cards. My own card is a rx480 which is something like 5 years old, but it has 8GB of VRAM. Otherwise I'm sure my system would suffer as well.
    Users with subpar systems may be able to get some use out of the Sebring DLC track, as that has a 2nd full trackday circuit with almost zero trackside objects. The 12hr course again has plenty of objects that fill up VRAM quickly.

Andy90 likes this.
  12. Andy90

Andy90 Registered

did you guys think i could play the gt3 car pack ?

13. Lazza

Lazza Registered

You could certainly drive the cars, but I would say large fields are out. Large might mean 10+, depending how heavy those cars are and which track you're on. (heck, could be 5 cars with a sufficiently heavy track)

I wouldn't advise it personally, though if you're happy with your rF2 setup (you don't need to spend time setting up your controls, display, etc etc) and want to give them a go I think you have a 48 hour window to refund the pack - so you could try and refund if it's no good.

Good advice above, but certainly I wouldn't buy less than a 8GB video card, and actually 11+ considering a new card now will probably be needed for a number of years and requirements will only grow.

davehenrie and Andy90 like this.
  14. Andy90

Andy90 Registered

i will buy the pack on monday so i can see if it works. I hope so, so i can take money back 2-3 months and buy a 3080. Thanks again for all the anwesers.

Nieubermesch likes this.