[WIP] Lola T90/00

Discussion in 'Vehicles' started by ChiefWiggum, Jun 12, 2021.

1. jbaeumle

jbaeumle Registered

Wow, amazing work! Really impressive. Also anxious to see the Penske PC-18 (as a brazilian there´s no way not to love that car :). Thanks a lot for the amazing work and as always incredible car choices to make.

2. ChiefWiggum

ChiefWiggum Registered

USCTrojan4JC, Hazi, svictor and 5 others like this.
  3. juanchioooo

juanchioooo Registered

4. jbaeumle

jbaeumle Registered

Just did a quick 7 laps race @ Road America, and what a blast. Ill probably upload the race on youtube, the AI was preety tough sometimes. Loving the mod so far, but just to give a quick feedback. I though the car was a bit too easy, i was expecting more trouble and throttle work out of the corners, i felt it was just too planted. Of course thats the behaviour we all seek when tunning a car, but here the default config and setup was superb, i think you should make things a little harder so that we have to work on the cars to make em fast and safe. But just to drive these beasts in VR, the sounds, textures, everything is spot on! AH, and thanks for implementing the Visor Mod, thats immersion².

PatientRF2fan, Corti and juanchioooo like this.
  5. mjo1704

mjo1704 Registered

nice mod thanks. i tested it portland road course and indianapolis oval and the car's behavior feels good

6. juanchioooo

juanchioooo Registered

@ChiefWiggum
    sounds good looks good little torque and excessive grip if you fix that can be a spectacular mod;)

7. ChiefWiggum

ChiefWiggum Registered

yeah, I was thinking the same, maybe there is too much Grip

juanchioooo likes this.
  8. PatientRF2fan

PatientRF2fan Registered

Very promising start chief, looks so amazing. Love the down shift delay, sound and grab. Nice work

9. djvicious

djvicious Registered

Great work Chief! Physics are a big improvement from the last test build.
    -I agree with the sentiment above, that the car feels like a little too much grip on the rear end.
    -I think there should be a config setting (somewhere in the ini file) to disable the tyre warmers- tyres should be cold exiting the pits
    -There's a big delay from shifting down to the car engaging in gear. It can be a bit awkward when using an h-shift controller
    -Car setup options are EXCELLENT so far, BUT for oval config, it's not possible to set positive camber, so running on Indianapolis is not possible right now. Wing angles too high for Indianapolis, so it's hard to get above 345 km/h
    - Some weird torque issues- engine wants to stall on initial startup (actually could be realistic as these engines were hard to get fired up) and the car seems to have a lot of torque before the turbo boost kicks in

I really really like how the car handles over bumps! These cars raced on a lot of street circuits, so they were built to take bumps pretty well.

EDIT: One thing I noticed in setup-->electronics is there is some traction control enabled by default. The cars are much more 'torquey' and difficult to drive if you turn it down in the setup. This might be an old artifact to be removed in the final version?

Last edited: Aug 31, 2021
  10. davehenrie

davehenrie Registered

Just a couple of notes, sounded and drove fine. The dash was clear and logical. During replays, the LOD seemed rather close, angular cars popped into smoothly rounded cars at a fairly close distance to the camera.
    I couldn't see any cars in the customize hanger but they loaded properly.
    Raul Boesel's AI car was nekkid!!

Attached Files:

11. ChiefWiggum

ChiefWiggum Registered

12. ChiefWiggum

ChiefWiggum Registered

13. djvicious

djvicious Registered

Looking great Chief! Any news to shar eon the next round of physics updates?

juanchioooo likes this.
  14. ChiefWiggum

ChiefWiggum Registered

15. juanchioooo

juanchioooo Registered

the default setup is still very understeer, I would say it still has too much rear grip, I hope for the best because it looks very good;)

it is a constructive criticism:rolleyes::)

MiguelVallejo likes this.
  16. ChiefWiggum

ChiefWiggum Registered

yeah, no Problem, that's why I released this Demo

MiguelVallejo and juanchioooo like this.
  17. juanchioooo

juanchioooo Registered

thank you so much Chief

Last edited: Sep 7, 2021
  18. djvicious

djvicious Registered

I think this physics update is a BIG step forward from the last version. The cars feel much more rigid, and have appropriate horsepower
    For a bit of initial constructive feedback:
    •A lot of understeer, more than expected
    •The rear end has a lot of grip still, even with T/C turned off. I am not sure if this is because there's too much rear downforce or because of power output
    •Power output. The engine power is very peaky. Turbo really kicks in at high RPM, so you can use lots of throttle without spinning the wheels. Maybe this is why there is so much rear grip- the turbo boost should come in fully at lower RPM (about 19-20 psi on these cars)
    •The car starts with warm tires. Should be cold in the pits because CART did not use tire blankets.
    •Still a bit of an annoying delay in downshifting. The cars had a h-pattern shifter until the mid 90s.

I wonder if the CART 1985 physics would be a good baseline to start- and then adjust the downforce /drag /stability levels to match these cars and radial tires?

I hope my feedback doesn't sound negative, Chief. I think the recent update is very good and I'll play with some setup more to try and balance the understeer. The cars are quite good now though, drivable, for sure.

Eric Rowland, leseb64 and pkelly like this.
  19. PatientRF2fan

PatientRF2fan Registered

I spend a lot of time with this last night and it is really good Chief. I am working on a new mesh Cleveland that is super bumpy and just watched that 1990 race. So it was a great place to evaluate as there were a lot of good cockpit cams in that race to compare. Once I got going with a good setup it was really fun. After watching and running many laps I think the down shift delay isn't far off perhaps just a small amount faster. It was awesome getting back into some serious heal toe and both feet back and forth on the brake.

Findings:
    Once I dialed in the gears I thought the engine curve was fantastic
    The car goes air born if it hits a movable cone or tire.
    Couldn't feel the road as well until I added about 4-5 clicks of tire pressure
    Looks like the fuel amounts and mileage is not set yet (seems to get too many laps per gallon)
    I ended up at the limit for slow bumps and rebounds and may have a need for more range there

I will take it to a tighter track and try some oval action to get you some more feedback.

Congratulations on a really good job and a very exciting new mod.

Last edited: Sep 10, 2021
    djvicious likes this.
  20. ChiefWiggum

ChiefWiggum Registered

thx Guys for your Feedback