We Are Hiring - Job Opportunities at Studio 397

Discussion in 'News & Notifications' started by Paul Jeffrey, Sep 3, 2021.

1. Paul Jeffrey

Paul Jeffrey

Hello sim racers!

We are delighted to announce a number of new and exciting job opportunities have opened up to join the team here at Studio 397.

Please take the opportunity to check out the link below - we would love to hear from you!

https://www.studio-397.com/careers/

rF2_careers_header_640p.png

2. davehenrie

davehenrie Registered

gO Team Go! Physics, graphics, core code among other posistions. This could be the kick in rF2's arse we've waited for!

3. Paul Jeffrey

Paul Jeffrey

Make sure to tell your talented friends - spread the word!

Nieubermesch likes this.
  4. Remco Majoor

Remco Majoor Registered

One interesting question has been raised in the land of discord. Is this in addition to who you already have, or have there been a lot that left?

Sim_Player likes this.
  5. Paul Jeffrey

Paul Jeffrey

The expansion of the team :)

6. Mibrandt

Mibrandt Registered

One of the best news I have read in years !!

7. DmitryRUS

DmitryRUS Registered

That is, as I understand it, development rf2 is coming to an end and not finished?
    It took so much effort and money to invest in a crude product that the creators themselves were unable to complete it.
    How many years will it take to develop your new simulator? or it will again be an unfinished rF2 product with new graphics (suppose ue4-5)/

8. mantasisg

mantasisg Registered

As Marcel talked about in "Big Racedepartment Interview", there are ambitions to grow bigger team. Hopefully this is not the last time S397 will expand. And of course hopefully rF2 is not dead yet, because obviously lots of effort will be spent on other titles, however lots of fundamentals are planned to be shared, so work done should be sufficient to boost up multiple titles including rF2 especially as the very much an ice breaker for other titles.

Hopefully there will be graphics improvements that will shut down lots of criticism, as it has been done numerous times already up till now. Hopefully it means the end of physics and AI stagnation, unlocking all those variables that should be dynamic but is static now, and perhaps even drivetrain including proper clutch action, which is almost redundant in modern racecars sadly just as solid rear axle from ultrachassis too which also needs fixing in this sim.

Anyway. Go ! Go ! Go !

s397 now:

haunetal1990 and Sim_Player like this.
  9. Nieubermesch

Nieubermesch Registered

Finally!!! Good for the team and good for RF2 fans, and also the new ones hopefully!! ;)

10. Neawoulf

Neawoulf Registered

Physics engineer? Niels, someone's got work for you :)

11. bobbie424242

bobbie424242 Registered

This is really great news, as more workforce is really necessary to bring rF2 (and other projects) to the next level!
    Expectations are so high these days, resulting in sims being huge complex beasts, that there can never be enough people working on it.
    I suppose this hiring spree is a consequence of the MG acquisition.
    Interesting that the backend is using Java to some extent. A good choice for that purpose !

12. RaceNut

RaceNut Registered

With the new advances iRacing is bringing, seems they may have added to their team as well. Perhaps this was all to be expected given the increased popularity of Sim-racing during this period. Seems like good things may be coming our way.

13. Daniel Espada

Daniel Espada Registered

Great news, but please the ffb is great ...if you touch it for the better if not hands away! :D
    With this new businessmen in the shadows I hope we have rfactor 2 will continue being developed for years and not being used to make other games (wec, nascar , etc..).

With its faults is the best sim in terms of forcefeedback, dont touch that!

MiguelVallejo likes this.
  14. davehenrie

davehenrie Registered

Since the positions advertised were all rF2 necessities, I took this as MORE work on rF2. I don't think they have the time to start from scratch and still support the various Motorsport Games coming.

RaceNut likes this.
  15. Lazza

Lazza Registered

The first paragraph in the article mentions rF2.

End of story.

Daniel Espada and The Iron Wolf like this.
  16. Lazza

Lazza Registered

"We are looking for a Senior Environment Artist to join our team. The successful candidate will be responsible for We are looking for a Senior Environment Artist to join our team. The successful candidate will be responsible for creating high quality motor racing environments focussing on visual output, technical quality and a high level of accuracy to the real life counter part. Your technical and practical abilities will be well developed, and you’ll be able to grasp new concepts and programs quickly, as well as participating in R&D of new techniques to implement into the production pipeline."

Do you need someone to fix bugs/typos?

17. Seven Smiles

Seven Smiles Registered

Me! Me! Me! Counterpart is one word :D

haunetal1990, The Iron Wolf and Lazza like this.
  18. davehenrie

davehenrie Registered

It's been almost a week. Why haven't we seen massive updates yet???? l)

pkelly likes this.
  19. haunetal1990

haunetal1990 Registered

nice idea to hiring more employee, but please fix your list:
    + more bug fix
    sample: the Tatuus (you know from which team) there are psd files in the mas or many things that they don't use in the game

+ more initiative from the studio397 to write message to 3d artist, if they haven't to much applications, cause not all members see the post from you.

+ more support from the team to help "3rd" (extern) 3d artist / 2d artist.

vava74, Daniel Espada and Manfredk2 like this.
  20. SULFAIL

SULFAIL Registered

They should hire Ilya Yusupov, the creator of assetto corsa's rain mod, the best rain I've ever seen, better than project cars or any other game, it's real, it's a crack, I've warned him that they're looking for people.