Latest Roadmap Update - August 2021

Discussion in 'News & Notifications' started by Paul Jeffrey, Aug 31, 2021.

1. Paul Jeffrey

Paul Jeffrey

2. memoNo1

memoNo1 Registered

First of all
    Happy Birthday Mr rF2!
    (Marcel Offermans)

I'm looking forward to Zandvoort!
    Although, as a single player, I hope that in the future it will at least make it easier for me to choose my opponents.
    Right now it's really cruel.
    I can only build up my desired field of drivers through complicated paths.

That shouldn't be a howl.
    I'm really excited and love this sim.
    But that's a focus ..
    I hope something will finally happen soon.

See it simply as constructive criticism.

I very much hope that e-sport doesn’t push us single players out completely.
    Unfortunately, I have this feeling very often.
    And as much as I like GT3, something historical with an H gearshift .. for a change.:cool:

Last edited: Aug 31, 2021
    sg333, Rui Santos, GertjanD and 2 others like this.
  3. mantasisg

mantasisg Registered

That onboard video from game was very exciting to watch, forgot to look at the track at first over how exciting the driving was. Track looks awesome.

GertjanD, DucMan888 and Sim_Player like this.
  4. pilAUTO

pilAUTO Registered

Loading times.

This is great news.

Track and AI loads in rF2 are unbearable in normal conditions.

My specific use of rF2, makes these loading times really unbearable, where simply the loading should certainly be much longer than in conventional use, but certainly not as long :

Nurburgring combined + day night cycle + 89 AI in many classes and different cars + maximum graphics + random rain.

Of course, I agree that loading under these conditions cannot be 20 seconds long, of course. But loads that last between 2.5 minutes minimum and 17 minutes maximum despite a powerful PC (I'm not talking about the first load), with perfectly healthy rF2 software that is regularly reinstalled and less than 20 tracks and less than 60 cars from content ....... [Edit : average is something like 4 minutes]

No it is clearly abnormal and unbearable on a daily basis.

DucMan888 and memoNo1 like this.
  5. Nieubermesch

Nieubermesch Registered

Well, nothing of substance other then tracks mentioned... Lame :rolleyes:

Dady Cairo likes this.
  6. Mydriaz

Mydriaz Registered

I was waiting for at least one update during that summer month but nothing at all. What a shame :( !

7. bobbie424242

bobbie424242 Registered

Since loading times seems to be looked into and a hot topic, may I report again that the combination of vsync or a framerate limiter causes loading times to be much higher than without it due to some interaction with the web UI render thread? This was observed on a 60Hz monitor and might be less severe on a high refresh rate monitor.

pilAUTO likes this.
  8. davehenrie

davehenrie Registered

They are European based and much of Europe vacations most of August. One should expect August to be a light month. I am most curious about the continuing development of the Formula Pro racer, which I don't even have yet. I suspect the BMW M4 GT3 will be the next DLC car released. The faster loading times makes reference to movement across the UI but does not specifically mention track loading times. I hope the changes they make will also look into the tracks.(and include the number of garage spots available BEFORE a track is loaded)

Nieubermesch likes this.
  9. Corgan

Corgan Registered

Nothing. Boring. Zandvoort update. Yes, we've known that already.

10. DucMan888

DucMan888 Registered

Perhaps too busy working on NASCAR or other MSG projects...

trichens and Nieubermesch like this.
  11. Lazza

Lazza Registered

So you didn't read the roadmap then?

12. AlexHeuskat

AlexHeuskat Registered

Thank you for your work, I was expecting a massive announce for September, like the GT4 class , a new track, some new licences....
    I will have WRC10 to have some good rally moments soon...

13. DucMan888

DucMan888 Registered

Maybe you like to elaborate as I don't recall reading anything that mentioned the Nascar project?

14. Binny

Binny Guest

@Paul Jeffrey when will we be getting VR optimized, updated, fixed ? It has not had any attention in a long time and more and more users are going to VR. Many of us were very grateful you took rf2 to VR but pls give it some LOVE.

15. GertjanD

GertjanD Registered

Was Zandvoort also rescanned as I imagine the road detail is now quite differently than when the track was just resurfaced?
    In addition, is there a particular reason why there are only RF2/studio 397 advertising on the official tracks? It would be cool/more realistic to have some more variety. I believe other games do this somewhat better.

16. Balazs Magyar

Balazs Magyar Registered

Why is water spray dark in rF2?
    upload_2021-9-1_11-52-39.png

17. pilAUTO

pilAUTO Registered

If they could improve the most important aspect in a simulation in the first place, which aspect has had almost no love for 5 years.
    Let's start there : physics engine + updating all their cars accordingly.

VR is an important aspect of simulation, but objectively not in the top 5 priorities. I used the Rift S for 1.5 years, it wasn't natively supported, but it worked fine.

Rather than wanting better VR support, it is better that development time be allocated to optimizing the graphics engine, which would benefit ALL users, including VR users.

Binny and r00b Driver like this.
  18. mantasisg

mantasisg Registered

@Balazs Magyar This made me think of Belgian GP this sunday... Another aspect where simracing is superior to reality :D Of course spray doesn't have to contain oil in it lol

I guess it is just some shader values problem, but whats the use of guessing. It is one detail that would be positive if improved.

19. hitm4k3r

hitm4k3r Registered

The spray looks like that because the particle system hasn't been touched since ages. When you look at other products, there is alot that could be done. Rainspray from the tyres, improved rooster tailes, sparks, smoke, debri, gravel, leaves, or marbles that fly around - all of this can be achieved with a proper particle system. I also have no idea why the heat haze wasn't fixed as it looked very nice when it worked.

Binny, sg333, TJones and 1 other person like this.
  20. FS7

FS7 Registered

Are there any plans to improve the UI so that I don't have to go through multiple pages and several clicks for everything?

I have the same issue, rain spray looks like dark smoke. Shadows on high everything else on ultra.

The Iron Wolf likes this.