1 packages left - idle

Discussion in 'Technical & Support' started by Esa Ahonen, Jan 3, 2021.

1. Esa Ahonen

Esa Ahonen Registered

Whenever I install or uninstall a package in the new UI it shows the current action but after that it says "1 packages left" and "idle" in the line below that. It hangs for about 15-30 seconds with this message. It's rather frustrating to do anything to packages since most of the time I spend looking at this message. Where should I look to get rid of this?

Also: is there anything that can be done to suppress the "loading favourite servers" when I want to go to single player?

2. Lazza

Lazza Registered

You can't get rid of either one.

The first one you can alleviate somewhat by running ModMgr in the Bin64 folder (create a shortcut to it, then change the "Start in" folder to the rF2 root folder by removing the \Bin64 part), install or uninstall whatever you want (you can select multiple!), then go have a coffee when you next start the game and it catches up.

Second one, assign a favorite server to make that delay shorter. Make sure it's a server that's always online to avoid long delays.

3. Esa Ahonen

Esa Ahonen Registered

Thanks for the quick answer. ModMgr looks very straightforward. Will look into that server.

4. davehenrie

davehenrie Registered

choose a server, even if you never ever ever race online. Just pick the one with the lowest ping. The UI will check and should then be quiet.

5. Bernat

Bernat Registered

I have exactly the same issue as OP. I have many mods installed from Workshop and locally. I've examined the trace logs but it doesn't help, there are lots of warnings but nothing that I can relate to this issue. Does anyone know a way to diagnose it and fix it?

6. davehenrie

davehenrie Registered

I see that occasionally, seems to get stuck on that one update. I have had some success going to the packages and un-installing then re-installing just any car or track and that seems to get the process restarted.
    Just pick any low ping, as Lazza stated, then the sim ONLY looks for that one particular server instead of the entire list. Doesn't matter if you don't have the cars or tracks, or if it's locked. Just choose one and forget it.

7. Lazza

Lazza Registered

That post/issue is from January. This is no longer a problem, and this workaround isn't required.

davehenrie likes this.
  8. Bernat

Bernat Registered

I've been uninstalling some unused mods with ModMgr and now I don't get that long wait on idle, so it seems fixed. Now I get an error from package "Tatuus Winter" instead, but I don't have that package installed. Maybe related to the previous issue, or not.

9. Bernat

Bernat Registered

The Tatuus Winter mod was from the Workshop but it wasn't listed anymore. I've gone directly to the Tattus Winter workshop page, unsuscribed and it's all fixed. I'm reporting in case it could help someone.