CS-closed Formula Challenge

Discussion in 'Official Competitions & Contests' started by Deleted member 24698, Jun 30, 2021.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. AMillward

AMillward Registered

Where will penalty outcomes go for viewing? Here or the discord thread?

2. Fabian Balle

Fabian Balle Registered

So far they got posted on the Discord in the specific thread

3. Danilo Sanfilippo

Danilo Sanfilippo Registered

hi Jimmi
    I wanted to link my team logo to you in the likelihood of being in the top split next race

team name: Fratelli Caponi Corse
    driver: Marco Sanfilippo, Danilo Sanfilippo

thanks a lot

Attached Files:

Last edited: Aug 23, 2021
  4. David O'Reilly

David O'Reilly Registered

I had fun in split 3.
    Jukapekka Lalu took pole and Ryan and Liam Howard in 2nd and 3rd. I was 4th.
    The top 3 dropped me by about 1.5 sec/lap and by pit stop time I had 30 sec gap in front and 30 sec behind so decided to it was a good time to experiment with Med tyres in my lonely space.
    With P4 looking certain, suddenly Liam Howard was gone (the game said DSQ) and a few laps later and maybe 1.5 laps from home Ryan was gone too so I inherited second place.
    I was looking at the replay to see what happened and Liam got LAUNCHED by a rejoining car. His car was recording 1,354 kph and all you could see was sky. After about 20 sec it appeared in his pit garage.

5. Carlos Martín

Carlos Martín Member

The pit exit at Indianapolis is quite "special". There are no white lines and you just rejoin straight away to the track. You can even cut the pit exit using the grass. Will this be monitorized? I think a lot of mayhem might occur if the pit exit is not restricted somehow.

6. Remco Majoor

Remco Majoor Registered

I am pretty sure there are lines, might not be visible in low settings though

7. Fabian Balle

Fabian Balle Registered

upload_2021-8-26_11-27-17.png

There are your lines, they should be visible with every setting. But dont cut the grass

8. you beat me too it upload_2021-8-26_11-36-40.png
    And correct DO NOT cut the grass, you will upset the car and actually cheat on exit!

Fabian Balle likes this.
  9. David O'Reilly

Just going to mention that 20 mins is a lot of time for just 2 quali runs (6 laps).
    10 would be plenty.
    (not a problem, just an opportunity) :)
    Edit/correction:
    Nothing to see here.
    I just realised that since quali is not private so with a full grid of 26 cars 2 runs in 10 mins would be a bit wild.
    (split 3 only had 15 cars so it didn't cross my mind even though with 15 cars and 20 mins I had to whilst on my hot lap overtake a car on an out-lap).

Last edited: Aug 26, 2021
  10. AMillward

AMillward Registered

It's not the most intuitive pit exit in the world, is it? :p

Just hope people are careful as you have to go from one side of the track to the other to join the racing line. I also think you don't get a cut warning for chopping the whole thing out as it's part of the pit lane. If that's the case, what will happen if we were to cut the corner to avoid a turn one pileup?

11. David O'Reilly

It was better than you might imagine in the FSR races here. Most T1 dramas didn't involve a car exiting the pits. But still...

12. Carlos Martín

Carlos Martín Member

In FSR the white line was extended to prevent from going from one side to the other one.

[​IMG]

What I meant there is no white lines is that doesn't prevent any kind of switching sides, which in my opinion is very prone to incidents.

I guess nothing can be done as tracks can not be modified, but would be interesting if we force drivers who exit the pits to stick to the right just to make sure is a more predictable thing.

Unless you have an ultrawide screen or triple monitor is extremely hard where the other cars exactly are.

Just want safety ^_^
    [​IMG]

13. David O'Reilly

The absence of that low white wall on the right (which was also an FSR mod) will help people keep to the right a bit.

14. Pit exit will not be changed, if anything happens report it - you are obviously not allowed to plow into someone on the racing line when you are coming from the pits. Plenty of rules that should cover that
    9.1 Drivers must exit and enter the pits at a safe speed relative to other cars in or near the pits.
    9.7 Drivers causing contact or driving in an unsafe manner can be subjected to penalties.
    13.2.11 Unpredictable (UP) – assessed when a driver has demonstrated unpredictable behavior.

David O'Reilly likes this.
  15. AMillward

AMillward Registered

Also will it be dry on Friday? Please say yes... pweeeeze? :p

16. Look at accuweather or any other weather report - that should give you an idea, i honestly don't know.

17. AMillward

AMillward Registered

upload_2021-8-30_20-58-45.png

Yeh boi!

18. Fabian Balle

Fabian Balle Registered

upload_2021-9-1_22-6-19.png
    Is there a specific way we should use IF we miss T1? Or should we just get back on track in a safe way?

19. Yoann Kerjean

Yoann Kerjean Registered

You can just cut without any problem as long as you rejoin properly
    see 20:24

20. Remco Majoor

Remco Majoor Registered

I think you do get a cut track for it though. In this turn something like a rejoin checkpoint like they do in NASCAR and Indycar would help a lot for cars that outbrake themselves and go straight.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.