Advanced control config & FOV — Help please.

Discussion in 'Technical & Support' started by HyperApex, Aug 25, 2021.

1. HyperApex

HyperApex Registered

Hey guys,

I’m just trying to get this thing off the ground for the first time.

I have two problems that Google has found difficulty assisting me with.

Problem #1: I have a Logitech G920 Wheel but Fanatec CSL Elite pedals, and the pedals are “Joystick 1.” Unfortunately, the default G920 profile requires that it be “Joystick 1,” but I can’t seem to make it such. Furthermore, manual config can not tell the wheel is turning. I race iRacing, and it all works, so I don’t feel worried that its a hardware problem. How might I get the system configured to work with my controls?

Problem #2: I set all of the accurate measurements set in multi-view, but my FOV is WAY off. How can I fine tune this?

2. davehenrie

davehenrie Registered

Unplug the pedals, let windows only see the wheel. Then start rF2 and see if it responds properly. RF2 is a different breed, if we all had a dollar everytime somebody's said their gear works with everything else...we'd be well off.
    If the wheel is working, exit rF2 and connect your pedals. Check the Windows control panel to verify the wheel is #1.
    FOV in rF2 is calculated vertically, which is opposite of iRacing's method. Google some more and try and find an FOV calculator that can work with either method.

Last edited: Aug 25, 2021
  3. Lazza

Lazza Registered

When assigning steering, turn the wheel all the way. It needs to get past halfway to full lock for it to register.

On screen setup, you have ticked multiview in the config, and then entered your screen distances and angles in the game? Can you give more details, as in your physical screen setup and then what you've configured in the game? Screenshots very welcome.

4. Highlandwalker

Highlandwalker Registered

Here's a handy FOV table for both horizontal and vertical.

Attached Files:

• fov.pdf
      File size:
      73.1 KB
      Views:
    juanchioooo likes this.
  5. redapg

redapg Registered

I do have the same Wheel and if turning the Wheel won't be detected by the Game, you probably turned it too slowly.
    I always (when i use i fresh UserData Folder for Example) have to turn it really fast that the Game detects it.