Competition System Blog | Week 19

Discussion in 'News & Notifications' started by Paul Jeffrey, Aug 18, 2021.

1. Paul Jeffrey

Paul Jeffrey

pkelly, RNeves and Corti like this.
  2. Lowe0

Lowe0 Registered

Since you asked where you might have gaps in your car list:

Track toys. The mental model here is the Caterham 7 - cars that someone might buy if they were moving up from renting a Formula Vee for race weekends, but weren't joining up with an organized race team just yet. You have the Radical SR3, but that's it - it'd be nice to have mixed-make events between the Radical SR3, an Ariel Atom, a KTM X-Bow, and/or a BAC Mono. You'd want to target a single model of each in a relatively narrow performance window.

Magus, atomed and Paul Jeffrey like this.
  3. Binny

Binny Guest

TYVM for the reply to my question, so glad you have not given up on old content and it might make the CS in the future.

Paul Jeffrey likes this.
  4. hitm4k3r

hitm4k3r Registered

This one made me chuckle:

"Regarding content for the CS, do you plan on licencing any specific new cars that are a bit lower powered as sort of an entry level type vehicle?

867RpR
    Not specifically, no. We feel we already have quite a few cars that are great to get started with (both GT style and open wheelers). Do you see any specific “gaps” that you would like us to fill?"

Seriously? Is it that hard to take a look at the competition and see where the gaps in rF2 are? And it has been pointed out in this forum a couplde of times as well. The MX5 in iRacing is THE car to get people hooked and that series has alot of participation. It's free and it's fun and people can relate to it. What do we have in rF2 that is similar to the MX5 in iRacing?

5. Remco Majoor

Remco Majoor Registered

We have the M2 (although I dislike the physics of that car immensely).

But for am MX5 like car to be fun, we'd first need proper gearbox simulation

6. hitm4k3r

hitm4k3r Registered

The problem with the M2 is that it is behind a paywall. I know, you can't have everything for free in life, but the stock content needs desperately something like a MX5 that is featured in hourly races around the clock in zhe CS. It's really not that hard to understand why that combination works so well in iRacing.

7. Bill Worrel

Bill Worrel Registered

What's wrong with the USF2000?

8. hitm4k3r

hitm4k3r Registered

There is nothing wrong with the USF2000. But the question was where we see gaps in the content lineup for rF2 to boost the CS, wich is quite frankly a bit stupid when it is so easy to see what works good in other products. We don't have a free entry level tintop car with very high quality that every average Joe can relate to. The closest stuff we have is the Panoz Roadster that hasn't received any serious attention in years or the M2 that is behind a paywall. What else needs to be said?

9. Bill Worrel

Bill Worrel Registered

My only point is that the USF2000 could be an entry level car comparable to the MX-5. I don't see why it has to be a tin top, especially since the MX-5 doesn't have a top :)

And what about the Alpine - that's available to be used in the CS.

juanchioooo likes this.
  10. juanchioooo

juanchioooo Registered

if something needs rfcator at the content level it is circuits, which is where it is poorer, the USF2000 is great ... before requesting cars what you would ask would be circuits ...:)

Alpine +1

Last edited: Aug 24, 2021
    leseb64 likes this.
  11. Fabian Balle

Fabian Balle Registered

Have you thought about using the safety car in the CS? This is one of a few sims that feature the SC so it would be cool to have it in use.

Spyro likes this.
  12. leseb64

leseb64 Registered

when to go for a simple and effective race model ?
    hourly race for rookie series
    example:
    usf2000 or -17: training 15mn > qualifying 10mn > race 20mn
    Alpine cup: training 15mn > qualifying 10mn > race 20mn

it's simple and efficient Tried it! Is there anything stopping you from doing this format?

can we have a permit system in addition to the rating? (the famous carrot that makes the player want to and can have a goal!)
    Am driver > bronze/silver/gold and Pro driver Bronze/silver/gold

How hard (long) would it be to set up?

will there be a file or a section to see the replay of the online races?

13. doddynco

doddynco Registered

I have no idea what they're waiting for. This is exactly the type of thing casual players actual want. I love this game but I have no interest in all the overly serious esport style racing. I just want to just want to jump in every now and then, without planning, and have a blast with someone who isn't retarded AI.

It's exactly the foundation you need to start a viable ladder style framework too, and just generally get the numbers up.

One race every hour, USF and Alpine. Please just set this upppppp!!!!!

coasting&cruising likes this.
  14. I_Bellett

I_Bellett Registered

Q1)
    At the M2 CS Cup currently being held by DMSB, I found that the regulation stipulates that one of the three designs should be used.Will these be added to the template in the near future?
    E8j-opgVcAUTKQM.jpg E8j-opgVcAUTKQM.jpg E8j-opiUcAQuCSX.jpg

Q2)
    Goodyear tires are used at the BMW M2 Cup held by DMSB.
    Is it possible that these data will be reflected in the near future?
    https://www.bmwm2cup.com/en/home-2/

Attached Files:

Last edited: Aug 24, 2021
    yashiman likes this.
  15. L0P3X

L0P3X Registered

I had a similar question as the one above me, although it isn't 100% related to the CS

1) Is there any update planned to vehicles like the Stockcars or others cars that currently use Goodyear tyres in real life after the collaboration with this brand?

2) Recently we had the PBR update to the USF2000 car, after that release an official server was opened, any chance to see this kind of "Test servers" on CS as small competitions? (3 days or 1 week long, for example)

16. Spyro

Spyro Registered

I tried to join a session Qualification (20 min) + race with the BMW M4 but I missed the start of the qualifcation by 2 minutes (Contents had to install itself).
    Could it be possible in the future to join an ongoing qualification session ?

mantasisg likes this.
  17. Lazza

Lazza Registered

Join a session designed to find the fastest driver, when you weren't fast enough to join? Say what? :p

pkelly, Spyro and lagg like this.
  18. coasting&cruising

coasting&cruising Registered

Following up from last January post and Q&A about the possibility of a voice chat feature: Competition System Blog | Week 3 – Studio-397
    I wanted to chip in on the need of a voice chat feature, because seing it for instance in iRacing is so much fun, and you do need to speak with other drivers during casual races (expecially after incidents), and doing it via text chat is too convoluted.
    Considering that features that increase the fun/experience are likely to increase partecipation, I think this feature should be higher on the priority list.

If you implement voice chat through established services (discord, teamspeak, etc.),
    it would be ideal if the rF2 user doesn't have to install anything manually.

Last edited: Aug 29, 2021
  19. bluegoon

bluegoon Registered

Are there any plans to introduce accessibility features, like the Racing Auditory Display, for instance?

Thanks

20. Julien Lemoine

Julien Lemoine Member

Ferrari or Porsche ?