SOLVED 2 Problems since updating rf2

Discussion in 'Bug Reports' started by Flaux, Jun 15, 2021.

1. Flaux

Flaux Registered

Hi Guys, I updated rf2 yesterday. Must have been 4 or 5 months without an update. When I tried to test it, I got into some problems.

First of all, it always tries to delete some Items, 8 of it I believe. Nott sure what it is, but it seems to not work, as it pops up after every start of the game. -> https://ibb.co/BwZ7NBf

Then I can't use the customize race menu. Everything is empty and I can't exit this screen. So I need to kill the task and start the game again. -> https://ibb.co/6FPTWsV and -> https://ibb.co/XYSzgTw

So, I did the file-integrity-check, I delete the player folder to create a new one and I also deleted the cbash and shaders-folder to get new ones generated.

I also did start up the game and closed it again. First there was a windows message of the game crashing, today I didn't got that message but it didn't help.

I also reselected all cars & tracks and a different car and track to see if that might be a problem. But it didn't help either.

Not sure what else I can do. Any Ideas?

2. Christopher Elliott

Christopher Elliott Registered

Can you send us a trace file?

Flaux likes this.
  3. Flaux

Flaux Registered

4. davehenrie

davehenrie Registered

Uninstalling packages, cars, & tracks is normal IF there has been an update to those items. So whenever S397 pushes out a new version of a car etc, you will see the old one un-installed. There is an unless tho, UNLESS you have a mod like a skinpak or an online multi-track session that is tied to the older version. When that happens, the older version is left on your hard drive and available for when you run that mod. (in the past they would just delete everything and it would cause big problems that would force the user to hunt around for what mod was running the missing old versionsl).
    The other missing menu items? Those are a real problem and most likely due to missing or corrupted files.(my hunch is corrupted because Steam would download new files to replace missing ones)

5. Flaux

Flaux Registered

So as I have found no solution, I would like to try reinstalling rf2. Can I just uninstall and then reinstall? Is there a way to install only the core game and official dlcs? Without all the workshop stuff? I usually don't use all of it tbh... mainly the dlcs.

6. Flaux

Flaux Registered

I did that often. It didn't work...

I reinstalled. How to get passed that Wizard? It doesn't let me in the game, without downloading stuff I don't want. Thats quite tiring...

7. Flaux

Flaux Registered

Nevermind,... I'm downloading the premium stuff and unsup afterwards. lol.

...I hope I have to never do this again...

PS: What if I skip the updates?

8. Flaux

Flaux Registered

Seems to work. I skipped the automatic downloads, unsubbed in the workshop and after getting into the game it installed the DLCs somehow. The bug seems to have gone with the reinstall though. That's the good thing about it!

9. Flaux

Flaux Registered

Everything works after the reinstall. That's the best solution I came up with. Thx to everyone for the help along the way.

Georgi Nedev and juanchioooo like this.