Additional textures Le Grand Circuit 1967

Discussion in 'Locations' started by bou26, Dec 26, 2018.

1. bou26

bou26 Registered

Hello,

I present to you a mod created by me, at the base the mod create for the game Assetto Corsa publish on RaceDepartment "section AC Misc" , the textures pack normally addaptable on RFactor 2

he is here
    https://sharemods.com/34pzszsbqr0x/AdvertisingTextures_Le_Grand_Circuit_1967_v1.0.rar.html

I do not have the RFactor 2 game, that's why I do not indicate how to install it, it's up to you to do it.

Of course I publish with the permission of Mr. Woochoo The very good job of its mods.

ps. : So I hesitate to join your RFactor 2 game community.
    I saw very good mods and a regional circuit mod of my home that make me of eye.

If I can also have feedback from people who plays Assetto + RF 2 to tell me if I will like RFactor 2 at the levell of gameplay if there is a real difference between the two games.

Crédit :
    - Woochoo Original mod Le Grand Circuit 1967
    -Terra21 for Conversion in Assetto Corsa
    - Authorized hal4000 I use 3 textures
    - Ned52 permission for using a texture of him

I'm sorry if my English is not good I use Google Translate to understand you and talk to you.

my present for you, good game to you ;)

Eric Rowland, svictor, Corti and 4 others like this.
  2. bou26

bou26 Registered

Preview video

Images Preview
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

3. bou26

bou26 Registered

4. Louis

Louis Registered

Thanks. Anyone knows how to install?

edit: and is it possible to have both versions to choose in locations menu?

5. Chris Lesperance

Chris Lesperance Registered

As rF2 doesn't support "drag and drop" textures like rF1, and other rF1 based sims, it would take a little bit. You would have to create an update to the track, and I believe have all the textures in a .mas file. I've never fully figured out how to do the update install.

6. Sebastien Sestacq

Sebastien Sestacq Registered

tried rf2 is not to be able to go back and play other simu ;)

bou26 likes this.
  7. mesfigas

mesfigas Registered

@Louis maybe a new repack from woochoo could help

8. bou26

bou26 Registered

Yes I'm pretty sure that RFactor and a good simu game.
    (I have already been told in goods the game)

if I buy Rfactor 2, I continue to play Assetto + RF 2

9. Ned52

Ned52 Registered

For AC you have to make a folder "skins" then inside a folder "default" and you're done.Very simple.With rFactor2 you have to make another rfcmp of the track with another name and include your skins .This means open the rfcmp and export all the files to change the skins of the track and replace them,then repack all this stuff to create a new rfcmp ...

bou26 likes this.
  10. Louis

Louis Registered

ahah i dont have the balls to ask this. Also i dont think woochoo is completely happy with this kind of modification on his work. He allowed but thinking "these motherf..." :D

11. mesfigas

mesfigas Registered

12. bou26

bou26 Registered

Thank you Ned52 to explain how to install the textures, if I knew it I would have said, it is for this reason that I put in a folder called "textures" and on Assetto Corsa it's simple it's true.

13. bou26

bou26 Registered

I did not understand the translation of this word "these motherf"

If you mean that the creator Woochoo does not agree 100% with that, I know it.
    On the other hand if he ever wishes that I remove this post forum he can tell me, I think I was in order with him and I respect his original work.

I see in this pack of textures just the immersion a little more in the years 1967 thanks to the real marks on the circuit, I do not say that the version of Mr. Woochoo is not good it's just different and as well pleasant to piloted with the original track with the original textures.

14. Louis

Louis Registered

Sorry, my english isnt good. I was just joking. it is about what i think what could cross on woochoo´s mind because he is very careful with his work and almost dont do updates

Mauro likes this.
  15. bou26

bou26 Registered

No problem, my English is not good too (I'm French).

That's what I told myself a joke on your part, now I understand better.

From above "bou26, Friday at 00:58" message explains how and why, how I came to you to post the textures mod.

Like that it's done ;)

16. wrff.tiger@gmail

wrff.tiger@gmail Registered

Has anyone gotten these additional textures to work in rfactor 2? It is a shame such a gorgeous track is missing the authentic billboards. I want to drive under the Dunlop bridge not the Newton bridge!

Eric Rowland likes this.
  17. svictor

svictor Registered

To do track update, most steps are same as how to do skinpack update for car. However there is one extra important step, which is also to include each layout mas file(just copy over from installed folder) & repack with the texture-update mas into a new rfcmp(with new update version number), otherwise update wouldn't work.

How to make an update yourself:
    1. open MAS2.exe (steamapps\common\rFactor 2\Support\Tools).

2. Drag/drop all the new texture *.dds file(and assume all those new texture names match the original track's) into MAS2 window, press Ctrl+S to save as Textureupdate.mas (or any other name you like). You will also want to create a new folder somewhere to store Textureupdate.mas.

3. Go to rFactor 2\Installed\Locations\Le_Grand_Circuit_1967\0.80 folder, copy Le_Grand_Circuit_1967.mas and place it in the same folder as Textureupdate.mas.

4. Click Create the package file button, then click Create Single Cmp Package.
    upload_2021-5-20_10-3-8.png

5. Click drop down list and click <Add New Component>, then type Le_Grand_Circuit_1967 (this name must match original track folder name)
    upload_2021-5-20_10-10-28.png

6. Next you will have to properly configure remaining things as following:
    a) Click drawer button beside File: drop down list to save .rfcmp (this will be the package file for installing).
    b) In Version: box, type a new "update" version number (can't be same as original version).
    c) Toggle on Update from: checkbox, and put exact original track version number.
    d) In Type: box, select Location (this must be done). You may also want to click Info button to add extra info.
    e) In MAS Files section, click drawer button and select Le_Grand_Circuit_1967.mas & Textureupdate.mas.
    f) Last, click Package button at bottom, wait it to finish packaging. Then you can either click Install button to install now, or install it inside game.
    upload_2021-5-20_10-15-0.png

Of course you will need author's permission if you want to distribute the package.
    There is also a downside with update package, which you will not be able to join server that does not have the update package installed.

atomed, Eric Rowland, Dale B and 8 others like this.
  18. wrff.tiger@gmail

wrff.tiger@gmail Registered

Awesome! Thank you SVICTOR. I will give this a try when I have some time. Thank you for your insight.

19. Eric Rowland

Eric Rowland Registered

Thank you bou26 and svictor!!!
    Proper and authentic signage makes a world of difference and brings life to the driving experience!