Cannot abort a lap

Discussion in 'Technical & Support' started by TomN_804, Aug 17, 2021.

1. TomN_804

TomN_804 Registered

Today rF2 decided it was going to give me a new issue. When I hit ESC to abort a lap nothing happens and I have to use Task Manager to close the game. No, it's not a keyboard problem, I've already checked that out. Any ideas about how to handle this one? Thanks!

2. Bill Worrel

Bill Worrel Registered

Online or offline?

Were you stopped?

Do you have the message center enabled in options?

3. TomN_804

TomN_804 Registered

Thanks for the reply Bill. It was online but...... I had been in Full Screen mode, changed to Windowed and that's when it started happening. Switched back to Full Screen and now it's fine. From what I've been told elsewhere some of us experience that. Unfortunately, in Full Screen I can't use Relative Overlay because I don't get a cursor to move it to where I want it. Go figure. As much as I like rF2 it certainly does have it's quirks.

4. Lazza

Lazza Registered

You could try pressing Alt, and then trying it again. Or alt-tab out of the game and back in, may help clear it or make sure the game has proper focus. You may (may) have some luck setting a key to Alternate Esc in 'Other' control settings as well.

5. TomN_804

TomN_804 Registered

Thanks Lazza....everything is worth a try.

6. Highlandwalker

Highlandwalker Registered

If you want to use overlays run in borderless mode, I had problems running in window mode when I tried it. Running in borderless has the advantage you don't need to use alt-tab, if you want to go to desktop press LEFT WINDOW key and D or you can just press the LEFT WINDOW key to get the icons at the bottom of the screen. I have found this to be more reliable than alt-tab, I once lost hours of work when painting a skin because alt-tab wouldn't work and caused the computer to crash so couldn't get back to Photoshop. Hope this may be help to any body who want to use overlays or any body who use alt-tab a lot.

7. TomN_804

TomN_804 Registered

Never heard that before, Highland....thanks for the tip!