Released Released | Tatuus MSV F3-020 2020 (Free Car)

Discussion in 'News & Notifications' started by Paul Jeffrey, Jul 28, 2021.

1. Lazza

Lazza Registered

I don't think I understand the question. What I'm referring to is a lockup right at the end. Whether it's an aero car with strong initial braking is really beside the point (what I'm describing is the same in any car with brake bias toward the front).

juanchioooo likes this.
  2. juanchioooo

juanchioooo Registered

I was just wondering if in a f1 car it brakes like this! ... in a gt car is the braking the same? ... sorry for diverting the topic

3. mantasisg

mantasisg Registered

It is not that different to what I meant, you just put it much better. And more universally. When I wrote what I wrote, I was thinking about situations and kinds of turns, where you can't go wide off track (walls, bankings), and there are exit roads. Or also if you risk to dive bomb someone when overtaking by inside.

Anyway, I am just interested to look at reality as usual, I definitely see pro racers locking up in emergency and most extreme on the edge driving situations:

So drivers do that. Although the last one did not quite workout so well for Kimi.

4. TJones

TJones Registered

Hi, drove a few laps some days ago at Silverstone (guess it was), and yesterday at Zandvoort 2020. So I like to share some first impresions.
    I think the car is not to hard to drive, pretty easy to catch slides, even big ones, wich seems to be the case with very most of S-397 cars. Good sense of grip (typicall rF2). Standard setup worked pretty well at Zandvoort for me, a bit understeering which is a good starting point to learn the car. Brake balance was a little (1.5 - 2%) to much to the front for my taste. One thing I noticed yesterday, even with some good amount of camber, I've got pretty even temp readings on the tires, which is something I didn't see often in rF2 in the past.
    Really good job on the sound side, something I noticed right from the first engine start.

IMO after the amazing BMW M4 and Formula Pro (good job on the tires!), again a really good car for free. Thank you S397!

5. Filip

Filip Registered

I agree each user should enjoy what he likes.
    It's just if you want realism how can you be confident that rf2 GT3 car is more realistic than Clio?
    I've seen real driver saying Clio is quite good and another real driver saying GT3 car is not good.
    It doesn't matter if Clio is 7 years old, rf2 physics hasn't changed (much) in that period.
    I would understand if it's about looks. GT3 looks better than Clio, so if graphics is your thing...

6. 88mphTim

88mphTim racesimcentral.net

For real life the tire that locks up is the unloaded tire, which is why it locks up, which is why if you still make the ideal line with a lockup it is still a fast lap because the loaded tires remained. Destroying tires doesn't mean you won't get a fastest lap, but it does mean you won't likely get a second fastest lap right afterwards because you've used them up.

mantasisg likes this.
  7. Remco Majoor

Remco Majoor Registered

I mean, in the promo video he locked up both fronts with no consequences. I doubt both fronts are unloaded :D. At monaco for example with a soft suspension I can see what you mean. Sometimes the tyre doesn't even touch the ground. But at Spa with a stiffer suspension and locking up both fronts, I would at least expect him running wide due to the lack of slowing down with locked up tyres. That's something that definitely doesn't happen

8. mantasisg

mantasisg Registered

Yes, less loaded tire would lock up first, or only it will lock up. But both equally loaded tires also can lock up with strong enough braking force and low enough static friction, which goes together with downforce. Absolutely flatspotted and overheated tire will not work for many laps, that must be key argument here since he only did a lap there.

I think it is perfectly fine that he locked up, and still turned in perfectly fine. It depends on how much braking distance he had in reserve, and also how much he dragged the tires in a lockup, which was little. Thats I how I see it. The lockup probably means that he could have done tiny bit faster laptime if it was all so perfect, a tenth perhaps, maybe less than tenth.

9. 88mphTim

Well it really depends on a number of things. I can brake early, lockup, and still make a turn because I braked earlier.

Yeah Monaco is a great example.

Another element to promo videos might be what version of the car was used for the footage. It may not even be that cars physics (I have no idea, but I made trailers in the past with placeholder physics on a final model - otherwise I got no time to make a trailer at all). Just to give an extra element of unknown...

Remco Majoor likes this.
  10. 88mphTim

I also remember making a promo screenshot where I flatspotted the MR01 front tire by purposely pushing the brake balance forward so I could lockup easier at higher speed... The editor may have just wanted to show a lockup and engineered what they wanted to try to show. :)

11. green serpent

green serpent Registered

I think this is getting slightly too pedantic regarding the realistic vs unrealistic behaviour (I am guilty of doing this many times also ;)). It could mean a number of things. But if the tires lock up and the guy made the corner cleanly (and stayed on a good line), to me it simply means he probably had a touch of grip in researve, i.e he did not brake at the absolute latest point possible.

Anyway, I actually wanted to ask a question, is the A.I at 100% overly quick, or am I just too slow? I've been lapping NordGP and I am still a couple of seconds of the A.I. Any ideas on what a half decent lap time is? I think the A.I are doing 1:54.1 or something.

Cheers.

88mphTim and mantasisg like this.
  12. mantasisg

mantasisg Registered

I also think that AI is definitely on quick side with this one :D

green serpent likes this.
  13. Pedro Crulas Gomes

Pedro Crulas Gomes Registered

Finally one very nice good and similar Open-Wheeler car to its reality brother one, GOOD JOB BOYS !

14. memoNo1

memoNo1 Registered

I am very thrilled!
    To throw this car into the corners in a controlled manner, then briefly lift the accelerator pedal so that it automatically turns in to bring the tires up to temperature.
    Yes friends, that's fun.
    Really great job S397.
    Incidentally, the tattuus also work perfectly with the E Prix tracks.
    I can only recommend it to everyone with a big grin.
    Thank you S397.

15. DiggerHawk

DiggerHawk Registered

Just a quick heads up to the developers, I noticed that the region map for car #24 is out of alignment compared with the albedo. Not a massive problem unless someone wants to use it as base for their own livery.

16. burgesjl

burgesjl Registered

17. memoNo1

memoNo1 Registered

S397 collected more than enough data for the predecessor.
    I think they couldn't have made it better for comparison in the RL.
    This part is really fun.

18. juanchioooo

juanchioooo Registered

we are still in 2021 right?...

19. burgesjl

burgesjl Registered

Mebbe so, but it shows the update was released pretty late in the cars lifecycle...

Meanwhile, there is also Road to Indy updates for the USF22 and IP22 next year also with similar halo, engine power and aero updates ...

haunetal1990 likes this.
  20. Lazza

Lazza Registered

Cool! So the car is fully up to date!

Glass half full or half empty?