CS-closed BMW SIM M2 CS Racing Cup 2021 (Season 3)

Discussion in 'Official Competitions & Contests' started by Deleted member 24698, Jul 19, 2021.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Because it is a manual process, and it happens ONCE where this would be every single event. I am putting it into CS because of how much time i am spending on preparing all of these races.
    I thought it was prize money and the sim live in Germany, but you are saying liveries are more important now? (i am only joking, i know what you mean).
    I understand its means something for drivers/teams - but its not implemented and i do not know when or how this will be implemented.

Risto Kappet likes this.
  2. Risto Kappet

Risto Kappet Registered

Thanks for the insight, makes sense. Hopefully S397 puts some effort in this direction.

3. Michi Geisler

Michi Geisler Registered

I'm honestly really disappointed about the decision of not having custom skins. I really don't get how this can be the case in a competition with a manufacturer like BMW behind it. This feels so unprofessional, every small competition and league has custom skins and a developer like studio397 can't manage it.

I totally agree to everything that Risto and Erhan wrote, it's important to sponsors or to get recognized by such and/or other teams.

I personally race just for having some fun after work and love to watch the stream after the race and share it with friends. But how will the stream look like without skins? Also the posts from BMW esports ... just embarrassing. Looking forward to see how the commentators manage the chaos. Will also look not really nice in the standings and race winners view.

Don't get me wrong, I like rFactor and I appreciate the work you put in to manage everything and know this takes time but I really expect that from a competition like that.

Isn't there a way to make it similar to GTC and have a skin for the whole season, there are almost every race the same guys qualified, at least in the top 15, so shouldn't be a big deal to do it at least once per season.

4. Yuri Bascopé

Yuri Bascopé Registered

@Jimmi Allison don't get me wrong, I understand the workload explained by you in the post, but can't we find a mid-term on that?

We got a sponsorship deal specially for this championship (I know it's not your problem), and not having customs skins on game, as it was proposed initially, will harm our deal.

Also, we got some highlights here on Brazil social media and news, which is good for BMW media (everyone likes free propaganda). We also expect to insert Lucas on media in another occasions too and we need customs skins to do that.

https://esportenewsmundo.com.br/conheca-lucas-werle-o-unico-brasileiro-no-campeonato-mundial-da-bmw/

This website has more than 500k access per month.

Can't you use then the carset from the first race, mixed with CS default carset?

Again, don't get me wrong, I fully understand your complain about the workload and how hard it is to manage, I'm just trying to find a way to everyone (or most part of it) be pleased.

Thanks.

5. Diogo Silva2

Diogo Silva2 Registered

I have to agree with everything said before. Like Michi says, a huge step back to this competition. I understand your words Jimmi, about all the manual work, but for who is seeing this from the otherside what you can see is regression. Despite you gonna open spots for everyone to race, you gonna lower the bar in the main split (where all the focus is). The live stream will be more poor, and you will take the notoriety of this competition. Not the way to go. Very disappointed to see an official series making decisions like this.

6. Pedro Crulas Gomes

Pedro Crulas Gomes Registered

Another suggestion if u want to read would be:

Keep it on matchmaker servers, raise the cars to 36-40 and them you can cut the reserves!
    Cars qualified for the Race1(skins already in the mod) and Race2(skins to be added on the mod) can use it for the whole champ, the others that qualify after will have to use a default car that exists in the mod too.

This way we are sure its gonna low your time spent on it considerably, and allows to keep everyone´s liveries making skin sending race by race not needed anymore untill the season ending.

Looks like everyone is trying to help s397 events to get over it and keep the high quality image of the competition healthy for our sponsors and BMW principally that is who makes all of this possible together with us and u guys on staff, its a three "arms" group to make it happens, always !

7. Risto Kappet

Risto Kappet Registered

Yeah and or you could just have 1 skin per team in the server, not a personal skin for each driver each round. And just swapping numbers each round, would also save time.

8. Way ahead of you, good news for drivers who showed up for Round 1. I have prepared (and released) a new version of the "qual mod" and changed the cs json (meaning every single driver had to be changed)*. This way you will have your round 1. I will check, but i cant make a full promise that no one will use your livery - any new sign ups can use those liveries as well. So you might get some of what you want - but it has a downside. Most of split 1 is regulars anyways and if someone acts up its just as easy as clicking a button to remove them.

* Once qualifying starts for next round, please check your entry on the server (do a lap) and report back if there is any issues (this goes for anyone from round 1).

Liveries will NOT be updated throughout the season, so see if you can stay in a team for more than 12 weeks ;)

9. Yuri Bascopé

Yuri Bascopé Registered

Hell yeah! Thank you Jimmi!

10. Yoann Kerjean

Yoann Kerjean Registered

Thank you Jimmi!!

11. Erhan Jajovski

Erhan Jajovski Registered

Thanks Jimmi!

Risto Kappet likes this.
  12. Michi Geisler

Michi Geisler Registered

Awesome, thank you Jimmi!!!

Last edited: Aug 11, 2021
  13. Filippo Caneo

Filippo Caneo Registered

Thank you Jimmi

14. Official after review
    00:02:50 - Jajovski misses the braking point for T1, slows down and does not accelerate before he is back on track, he does gain .7 of a second. This is not worth a full penalty so +1 second added to racetime
    00:22:57 - Tosetto forces Kerjean to go onto the grass, while Tosetto is racing for position with 2 other cars - Infraction Tosetto

Erhan Jajovski likes this.
  15. Michael Marquardt

Michael Marquardt Registered

Hi,
    Quali time from yesterday are missing.
    I think it was Q2.3 from 18:00.
    I had a 1.19.540...

16. Antonello Mitrano

Antonello Mitrano Registered

My best lap time is missing too.
    Actually I run other laps faster than that 2:19:975 recorded on the leaderboard, but for some reason they're not there

Last edited: Aug 15, 2021
  17. Erhan Jajovski

Can we have 15 minutes of Q like previously and only 5 minutes of warm up?
    10 minutes warm up is too long anyway.

18. Pedro Crulas Gomes

Pedro Crulas Gomes Registered

i think it was 5 mins practice on the beginning, but after Jimmi saw that a lot of people had problem to join, he added those extra 5 mins to make it more even for all

Actually i think if its a high level comp, should be 5 mins Q with 1 lap limit only, or you do it or you do it !

19. This is hardcoded for now.
    "these" 10 mins warmup is the same as 10 mins warmup when you enter CS for just a race, and yes to answer next question - this should be something i can change for a comp and it will be ;)
    But right now - as Pedro said its something we had to change so no one would be left out if they were a bit slower on loading etc.
    Once it is something that can be changed it will, but I can't right now.

20. Erhan Jajovski

Are we gonna still be using real life weather?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.