Latest Roadmap Update - July 2021

Discussion in 'News & Notifications' started by Paul Jeffrey, Jul 30, 2021.

1. Bill Worrel

Bill Worrel Registered

Yeah, I didn't see any announcement of GT4 cars.

2. davehenrie

davehenrie Registered

are we confusing the BMW M4 with a GT4? the BMW M4 will have multiple variants in the real world. The now defunct Class 1(DTM), GT3 and GT4. While Marcel did say in an interview they plan on either the TC or GT4, I don't recall any specific announcement regarding either possibility. ACC's release of GT4 cars may limit what S397 can do, AND, I might add, The GT4 class appears to be the weakest DLC for ACC. That may also impact any final decision S397 makes.(there is no reason to expect a poor selling item for one sim would be a strong seller in another sim.)

3. davehenrie

davehenrie Registered

Zandvoort could be done, but Suzuka & Sepang were not created by S397 were they? No way they can just choose to update somebody else's work. They can get away with ISI tracks(however I see little chance of that) but the 3pa tracks, while encouraged by ISI were not ISI products(at least as far as I remember)

Since they already have Zandy 2020, I doubt it would rise to the top of a refresh list purely to update to 2021. They have lots of other tracks that have not been fully enhanced. Yet, due to the fact the 2020 Zandy was a rendition of an incomplete track, that might insentify them to have another go at it.

4. Remco Majoor

Remco Majoor Registered

I'll be honest, totally thought you meant the M4 GT3. Please ignore my not being able to read properlyness :oops:

5. mantasisg

mantasisg Registered

Was you also exact about this ?

I mean, I am not on discord, so I don't know what you talk about in-between pizza jokes. Where was 2021 Zandvoort spotted ?

These words fits very well for Zandvoort:
    "As well as bringing the visual aspect of this circuit right up to current standards, including new assets and full PBR shader updates, we’ve also taken the opportunity to revisit the circuit layout itself – adding a number of tweaks and changes to ensure it best reflects the current version in use today. Uplifting the visuals and circuit layout has been a pretty sizeable undertaking for our track team..."

Well at least in context of how Zandvoort 2020 exists now in rF2. Because it exists as a layout of the track. Although IRL it is a new and now different track.

I wonder if the previous version is going to be left without update... I hope not, but I guess S397 is not messing with any of the historic stuff, so...

P.S. Dutch GP is not far.

McKiernan likes this.
  6. Remco Majoor

Remco Majoor Registered

Interestingly, Pizza hasn't really been the talk there since you left, even though many discussions about physics have taken place :D

7. mantasisg

mantasisg Registered

I wasn't concerned about it, but since you focused on this, instead of answering me about what and how was spotted to be Zandvoort 2021, now I am convinced that nothing has changed since I left Discord, just perhaps little more peace and chill without me :D

8. Remco Majoor

Remco Majoor Registered

I mean, you started having a dig at it. Thats why I honestly couldn't be bothered to look it up for you :D

9. AlexHeuskat

AlexHeuskat Registered

they could remaster Interlagos too, maybe cheaper to renew/extend a licence and to rework the track, than to buy a new one and to start a new track....they can add 4 AAA tracks.

edit : if they open the AI code, I'm sure with modders we can add the AI fix...

Last edited: Aug 5, 2021
  10. davehenrie

davehenrie Registered

Well I was wrong. The 3pa tracks could be reworked by S397, IF they were so inclined. Doesn't mean they will, but I was too much of a negative Nancy. Sorry!

Nieubermesch likes this.
  11. Remco Majoor

Remco Majoor Registered

From what I understood a while back, the licencing was quite a problem. Shame, because Suzuka and Bathurst really deserve a massive overhaul

R.Noctua and davehenrie like this.
  12. GTClub_wajdi

GTClub_wajdi Registered

Today I was doing a 4h endurance race at Sp( offline). The last 20 laps the AI which was coming out from the Box and it was 3 laps behind me ( blu flag )., just ignores the blu flag kicking me from the inside and ruined my race. I guess this is a simple prehistoric problem of rfactor2 which is essential for the offline racing ( AI and blu flags) which I guess doesn’t require a huge work to do but sadly Studio397 continue to ignore.

Last edited: Aug 6, 2021
  13. AlexHeuskat

AlexHeuskat Registered

the AI update is a very very HUGE work, that's why I ask for an open AI source, where modders can modify and add the AI codes (thousands of "if")....They don't have the ressource to do the update, but the community has the skills and time to do it, juste open it for us in a separate branch like AI-community !

14. Binny

Binny Guest

@Paul Jeffrey Would you be able to reply to this and give us some transparency ?

15. Paul Jeffrey

Paul Jeffrey

Hello :)

Not really much I can add at the moment. The move to MSG ownership and changes that may or may not bring are most certainly not something that happens within the blink of an eye. I'll paraphrase something that was said at the time of the announcement by Marcel, and simply put, we shouldn't find ourselves in a situation where we have less resource capacity than we have now to work on rFactor 2. In short, that means no, we won't be getting team members pulled off the simulation to work on other aspects of the larger business - however I do hope and expect that we can leverage our new-found ownership structure to increase capacity in future - that is certainly the desire anyway.

For a more detailed dive into all things new ownership and related matters, the much delayed interview with MSG is now back on the table again, and I expect to be able to visit them within the month and record it - hopefully that should flesh out many of the questions people have, and the follow-up interview with Marcel will capture any additional questions the original interview might raise.

FS7, Slamfunk3, avenger82 and 15 others like this.
  16. Binny

Binny Guest

Last edited by a moderator: Aug 11, 2021
  17. burgesjl

burgesjl Registered

Firstly, seems I am right as the overriding importance of official esports stuff as being what is getting dev attention now, and would have thought the Roadmap would state this:

We cannot understate the growing importance of Esports to our business, which has funneled new users across product base and driven higher fan engagement and new potential revenue streams from sponsorships.

So, any ideas when we can expect this?

We're looking forward to the future Esport events later this year, including official events for BTCC, Le Mans, and now IndyCar. And with the rFactor 2 technology we intend to release an IndyCar game pack that will allow our fans not only to participate in an upcoming official IndyCar Esport event, but also test drive the IndyCar experience while we work on the official dedicated game.

Motorsport Games Inc. (MSGM) Q2 2021 Earnings Call Transcript (msn.com)

pkelly likes this.
  18. F1Aussie

F1Aussie Registered

I just find the clouds look weird now. Fired up rf2 last night for first time this year just to how it has progressed and found the clouds to be odd.
    Kudos to s397 though, generally the gfx have evolved well. A major area that really needs attention is interiors and the driver model. I find it really hard to come back and drive rF2 in its below par interiors when compared to sims like AC, ACC and AM2.
    I very briefly jumped in the corvette R8 last night and I felt like I was in rf1. It was a real letdown.
    There was talk from Marcel at one stage a couple of years back about some big improvements coming on that front but it has not been mentioned since.
    Also, one thing I have never understood is why the game doesn't use the full potential of your GPU. I did a couple of starts at lemans last night from back of 60 car grid full gfx settings and I only got 60fps but was only using 60% GPU usage. Even when running in the pack the GPU usage was only 50 - 70%. As far as I can recall this has always been an issue in rF2. Why is this? It is the only sim and game I have played where this happens, all others will push my GPU to 100% usage.
    Looks like I will be shelving rF2 for quite a while longer yet.

Last edited: Aug 15, 2021
  19. davehenrie

davehenrie Registered

clouds, interior graphics, gpu .... not a single comment about how it drives.

vava74 likes this.
  20. Scoopscat7

Scoopscat7 Registered

Yep I find that odd as well. But goes to show everyone has different priorities in how they spend their downtime.