Mirror Adjustment Guide and Tips

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by ADSTA, Jul 10, 2018.

Tags:
  1. petrolhead

petrolhead Registered

I know I have asked this so sorry for asking again

Cars in the rear view mirror seem far away. I am sure there is a setting in one of the .json files to alter the FOV or make ovjects closer.

How do I do this please

2. herve

herve Registered

Hello
    I have a problem with the ALt key on the left of my keyboard which does not seem to work with Rfactor 2, I cannot adjust the right mirror. For other functions it works, however, what should be changed in Windows?

3. davehenrie

davehenrie Registered

I would think either alt key should work, haven't tested that though... But there are some cars that link the mirrors as one. Verify you have a car that can move all three mirrors. (if there ARE three that is..)

4. herve

herve Registered

in fact the left rear is adjusted well but when I try with the right it is the seat that moves

5. Smeghead

Smeghead Registered

you could find the appropriate car in the "all_vehicles.ini" and change the right mirror to match the left

6. davehenrie

davehenrie Registered

And, having done the proper thing, I just re-read the original post and it does say LEFT ALT.
    lets try a test. Let see if you can post an ascii character here. Hold down leftALT and while holding type on the NUMBER keypad 0176

Alt0176 should type a little tiny Degree symbol ° If your keyboard can type that then we know the key is working. I would then check all your assigned commands in rf2 and look for something assigned to just ALT

RaceNut likes this.
  7. herve

herve Registered

Hello
    I just tried ALT 0176 and I have ° displayed

8. herve

herve Registered

just for info i use joytokey to assign keys

9. ThomasJohansen

ThomasJohansen Registered

is it a buttonbox, since you use joytokey?

I couldnt get one button to make each key that mirror adjusting needed, simhub couldnt combine all the keys, so I mapped two sets of buttons to control it.

One set for seat moving, which is also used for mirror moving.

And one set for "shift", "ctrl+shift","ctrl","left alt","ctrl-left alt".

And when its a buttonbox with matrix, I excluded the 4 seat buttons from the matrix, so it will accept simultaneous button press.
    In the pictures on left bottom mirror buttons, on right bottom, seat/mirror direction buttons.

IMG_20210515_150348.jpg IMG_20210520_201443.jpg IMG_20210513_143643.jpg IMG_20210513_143654.jpg

Last edited: Aug 4, 2021
    juanchioooo and RaceNut like this.
  10. herve

herve Registered

yes and it works well for other settings like the seat, the FOV or the adjustment of all the mirrors at the same time

11. herve

herve Registered

I did not understand everything ... but your dashboard is nice
    by mapping the buttons as described at the beginning of this post I manage to adjust the displacementssiege + the three mirrors at the same time + the tilt of the seat and the adjustment of the left mirrors of the car, there is just the right that does not work not with the Alt key in fact it makes the seat move as if the Alt key did not exist even though it works well I tested it

12. Lazza

Lazza Registered

Note that you need to use the LEFT Alt key.

<--- the one on that side.

The other Alt key may show a "right adjustment" message, but it won't do anything.

*sorry, kinda reading the thread backwards, more posts than I realised. I can see above you did say the left side. You sure you're using the same left as everyone else? :D

13. herve

herve Registered

yes I use alt left

14. Lazza

Lazza Registered

I was just searching for alt key problems and I'm seeing results I've seen before - so I think someone's had this issue previously. Unfortunately 'alt' may be hard to find on here.

Are you using an alternate language input? Alternate as in 'not english'.

15. herve

herve Registered

I use my language French as the input language

16. RaceNut

RaceNut Registered

Very nicely done. Clearly, you put a lot of thought into the function-logic and layout. This should make racing-control about as efficient as it can be. ;)

17. ThomasJohansen

ThomasJohansen Registered

Good spotted. I tried to think logic into it, like when driving down the straits shifting up gears left hand is free to adjust pit menu. And simple chat and vote buttons, and a quick escape button, and a rescue ffb reset.

18. davehenrie

davehenrie Registered

I've probably mentioned this before in this very thread, I use a virtual button box(Roccat Power Grid) for mirrors and seat adjustments. That way precious mechanical buttons within easy reach are not tied up by items rarely adjusted while driving. I AM very jealous of your kit though! Very nice!!!

19. juanchioooo

juanchioooo Registered

Hello, I had not seen that, it looks very good, do you have a schematic and arduino to try to build it? Thank you

20. herve

herve Registered

Hello
    that's it I found there was a special affcetation to do for this key in joytokey, now it works:)
    upload_2021-8-5_7-18-30.png

ThomasJohansen likes this.