Tire management

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by kojensegel, Jul 29, 2021.

1. kojensegel

kojensegel Registered

From Assetto Corsa Competizione it is known that the correct tire pressure is essential for fast laps. Tire management is possible with rfactor 2. I don't know what to look out for. Are there tire pressures that are optimal? What effects do the tire colors have on the lap times? I couldn't find any authentic information, so I ask in the forum.

Best regards
    kojensegel

2. Lazza

Lazza Registered

There is an optimum temperature, but not necessarily reflected by those colours.

Grip wise lower pressure is better, wear is hard to gauge because we have a single wear figure.

If you take the time to run some detailed tests you can work out the best temperatures, and find out whether lowest available pressure is best or running higher is good for stints. As a bonus you'd also arm yourself with more raw data than many people on here arguing about rF2 physics.

3. Kahel

Kahel Registered

What lazza said make sense... you probably do have edge case were tire wear might benefit higher tire pressure.

...but keep in mind that 'almost' all Esport guys run the lower tire pressure, now matter what... sprint or 24h hour race.
    It's what's perform the best in rf2.

So spare yourself the 'hassle'... rf2=lowest tire pressure possible (unfortunately)

4. kojensegel

kojensegel Registered

Thank you vThank you for the tips. My question is answered.