Replays don´t load

Discussion in 'Bug Reports' started by Mitch9, Dec 26, 2020.

1. Mitch9

Mitch9 Registered

I don´t think it´s a problem for everyone, but i tried with a couple of replays (29mb and a few kb in size) and neither loaded.
    I left the game running with the few kb sized one; loading stayed for half an hour and there ´s no "cancel" to see if the game crashed or what so had to kill the game through task manager every time.
    Trace appended in case it helps.

Attached Files:

2. davehenrie

davehenrie Registered

If they are old replays, you may have to revert to v1120 or v1118. They made changes to the replay format at least twice in the past few months and that meant older replays would only work when you changed back to the version it was recorded by.

3. Mitch9

Mitch9 Registered

nope, they´re from today, one from half a day ago and the other one from a couple of hours ago

4. Michael Havlena

Michael Havlena Registered

Yup, same issue here, replays won't load and there is no way to cancel the load, have to kill the process via task manager. I am currently using the latest release candidate, but based on the above older thread, I would assume that it is not related to this release, but generally a legacy game issue with the new UI.

5. davehenrie

davehenrie Registered

I wonder if version numbers are enough to break a replay? Since the GT3 field all got new versions last week, that 'MIGHT" come into play. Just my usual noodling around the topic tho.

6. Mitch9

Mitch9 Registered

Different version numbers might very well come into play in some cases, but as I said above, that´s not it in this case(s); I was trying to watch the replay from a race that ended litterally a minute ago and it wouldn´t load.
    Haven´t checked again but Michael´s words don´t give me hope.

7. davehenrie

davehenrie Registered

Yup, that IS a problem. how much system ram do you have?

8. Mitch9

Mitch9 Registered

16gb ram - to be clear I have no problem viewing them while the session is going on; just when loading them from the Watch menu

9. Nichtlustig77

Nichtlustig77 Registered

same here. don`t play rf2 for a while, but i start a fresh race and today same problem as write here. can`t load. 24 gb ram :) actual ui. don`t know whta to do, i like the game for the chance to safe und contune another day:(

10. bears

bears Registered

I have been having this problem also and it definitley wasn't there at the start of the year as I had multiple times restarted and continued a race. Now you just get a replay loading message box with no way to gracefully close the replay or the app down.... its both poor and frustrating

I do know if I load the track the replay is for first and then go to the replay the replay opens successfully its a clunky and time consuming workaround for something that in other games takes under 10 secs to initiate and complete...

Please 397 give us some communication on bug fix progress especially when its functionality that was working and you have broken

11. Highlandwalker

Highlandwalker Registered

With the new UI I have never been able to load a saved replay, it either just hangs when it says loading or crashes to desk top. Never had any trouble with the old UI, it was slow but worked. A lot of people have been complaining about this for months but no progress so far.