How to create (aos, mr & nm) textures?

Discussion in 'Track Modding' started by Corti, Jul 28, 2021.

1. Corti

Corti Registered

I'm sorry but speaking English is not my specialty, it is possible that I misleading but if someone can help me.
    How can I create the textures (_aos, _mr, _nm) from the main texture (_Alba, _albr)?
    The procedure is different from how it was before to create the texture (Spec & Bump)?
    Thanks in advance, Corti. ;)

Sin título.png

2. Coutie

Coutie Moderator Staff Member

If you only have albedo, you could use substance alchemist, or whatever they call it now.

Corti likes this.
  3. Mitch9

Mitch9 Registered

I dont know the procedure for the new pbr stuff, but you could try materialize (Bounding Box Software - Materialize).
    Works fine but you´ll often have to tweak the source texture (like that GRC logo) to get proper results on some maps

Corti likes this.
  4. Jka

Jka Member Staff Member

We use Substance tools for material creation.

Substance Painter generates all required textures (AO, roughness, normal maps etc.), when exporting textures using our Substance Utility Pack.
    Substance Utility Pack - Developers Guide (studio-397.com)

In your case, when you have albedo map, you have to export piece of wall geometry to FBX format, and load that to Substance Painter together with your (mapped) albedo texture.

In the Painter, you can manipulate, fine tune and add some effects (dirt, stain etc.) to your material. When happy, then export textures using our Substance Utility Pack export profiles.

End result is set of TGA - files, which can be exported to game-supported DDS - textures using Maps Converter.

Maps Converter - Developers Guide (studio-397.com)

There are very good Substance tutorials (Painter, Designer etc.) in YouTube, which are very useful learning how to use these tools efficiently.

Our website have Developers Guide - section (Developers Guide - Developers Guide (studio-397.com) ), which contains all necessary information about track and car development, tools and other general modding information.

5. TTM

TTM Registered

Probably best way to get Substance 3d painter (name changed a few weeks ago) is buy it from steam with lifetime license, 1 year with updates.

You can buy it from Adobe but you have to pay every month and after you cancel subscription you can’t use program anymore. You also get access to Substance Source (materials) if you get it from Adobe, but there is a lot of sites were you can get good materials for free or 2-5€ price.

Last edited: Jul 29, 2021
    Mitch9 and Corti like this.
  6. Alex Sawczuk

Alex Sawczuk Administrator Staff Member

7. Corti

Corti Registered

Thx guys. Thank you very much everyone for your answers.

regards, Corti.

8. Steve76

Steve76 Registered

9. Joan Prim Armengol

Joan Prim Armengol Registered