DRM Revival, still not possible on rF2?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by pascom, Sep 17, 2019.

1. dmatzies

dmatzies Registered

Sorry guys, the next team has stopped the conversion from AC to rf2.:(

2. Corti

Corti Registered

3. ThomasJohansen

ThomasJohansen Registered

4. RaceNut

RaceNut Registered

Bummer. :(

5. zxd1997

zxd1997 Registered

hope some other talent guys which have free time can take over this masterpiece, it's so sad that

6. pascom

pascom Registered

7. Manfredk2

Manfredk2 Guest

Sad news. The DRM Mod, the GT1 mod from RSS and the Fatl Alfie tracks would be soooooooooooooooo cool to have in RF2

McFlex, Woodee and Filip like this.
  8. Filip

Filip Registered

What happened to RSS GT1?
    They even had a preview. It seemed like realase is just a matter of polishing details.

9. Manfredk2

Manfredk2 Guest

Afaik they cancelled the RF2 conversion

10. RaceNut

RaceNut Registered

RSS GT1, that was the one I was most looking forward to.

I'll have to revisit AC for that one.

11. Kahel

Kahel Registered

12. dmatzies

dmatzies Registered

Hello guys,

some of you know the background of why we stopped bringing the DRM REVIVAL 3.0 for rF1 and generally turned away from rFactor.
    This was all a long time ago and as you can see from our efforts, we do want to see the DRM REVIVAL MOD for rF2.
    Now a little story that makes me angry.

Matthew Sibanyoni and administrator of the community Classic Motorsport Hub(CMH) asked many months ago if he could have the unreleased version of DRM REVIVAL 3.0 from us to bring a new version with additional cars for rf1. Ok, we sent him this never released version and allowed to use the models.
    Yesterday we found out that he not only used and published the cars from the old rf1 version, no, he also used the new models from the current DRM REVIVAL Assetto Corsa version. He believes that because of the purchase of the MOD he has acquired these rights.
    Ok, it is only rf1, but it makes not better.

I would like to ask you, if you find a link to this unauthorized conversion, please report it to me: drm_modding_team@freenet.de.

The following address is known so far:

- Historic Simracing Organization
    - Virtualracingsports

13. mantasisg

mantasisg Registered

This is simply terrible. I have always been baffled by lack of respect to this top modding team and top mod. Something is not right.

McFlex likes this.
  14. Woodee

Woodee Registered

15. ThomasJohansen

ThomasJohansen Registered

@Woodee yes
    and here is one who have tried to convert it but gave up.

16. hitm4k3r

hitm4k3r Registered

On a side note: from my perspective S397 would really increase the attractivity of rF2 if they put more emphasis on the whole Endurance racing concept (historic and modern) instead of pursuing the wierd Formula E content or electric racing as a whole with stuff like the RCCO car. I know, that content is well done and everything with some nerdy techheads being interested in that kind of stuff, esport being important and yadda yadda yadda. I might be wrong here, but I have the feeling that there is a higher chance of speaking to potential new customers by offering some kind of heritage content going forward and fleshing out that experience. Simply take a look at PCars 2, AMS2, RaceRoom and AC and see what made their DLC offerings great. I have no idea why there hasn't been some kind of FIA GT1 DLC with F1 GTRs, 911s, CLKs or Panoz GTR-1. ISI and S397 had colaborations with those manufacturers allready, so there is a big opportunity there. How about a Group C DLC? A 70s GT DLC with the quality of the latest offerings? The failure of this mod on rF2 is a perfect example why S397 needs to get their stuff together. DRM for rF2 or the RSS GT packs have been highly requested mods for a couple of years now. The YT channel of GPlaps is getting increasingly popular just by showcasing historic content, mostly from AC and older sims.

Reiza are really getting their food in the door with their concent selection in that respect (car and track wise) where I have the feeling that the next content that we get for rF2 is some kind of Extreme E nonesense. And as nice as the DTM Class 1 car is, it's just a one off with no real meaning in the grand scheme of things and S397 are in some way just lucky that there are modders who know what get's people excited. Just take a look at the modding sections here in the forum or for AC over at RD. A big portion of it is related to historic racing. And what's on the horizon next isn't exactly thrilling either with the M4 GT3. How many GT3 cars do we really need? Just as an example: plan two new DLC packs with the first one being a 90s GT1 pack and the second one being a 90s GT2 pack. Does that ring a bell with RSS being extremely popular and their GT and NGT packs? That way you get around the silly reshuffeling that we see with the Endurance and GT3 stuff and bring some fresh air to the sim while still offering content that makes sense. I think it needs to be said more often but S397 needs to realize that they still have THE endurance sim.

On a positive note, the work from the track team has really been great in terms of new content aswell as updating old ones, but the last car content that really made any sense and added something to the sim was the Endurance bundle 9 months ago.

PedroJ and RaceNut like this.
  17. dmatzies

dmatzies Registered

Ok, we go into the secound round.

After sending a copyright violation to mega we will get the following information :
    Content for simracing game.
    The takedown notice filed for the content for copyright of the models seen are not owned by them, but by the Manufacturers who created the cars depicted in the content.
    I will accept service of proceedings in New Zealand or in the jurisdiction where my address in this counter-notice is located, from the person who provided MEGA with the original copyright takedown notice or an agent of such person.
    I have a good faith belief that the material was removed or disabled as a result of a mistake or misidentification of the material to be removed or disabled.
    Unless you show (by email to counternotice@mega.nz) that you have
    filed an action seeking a court order to restrain the subscriber
    within the next 10 working days, MEGA will consider reinstating the
    file/s.
    This is the point where you should consider how to proceed with intellectual property and work for a MOD. In the stupid and simple way to justify the theft of models has not yet occurred to me.

If this is indeed the situation, no modding team in this world is allowed or able to make a release anymore without opposing it
    I can take the models from Studio397 or each modding team andd can say, " The copyright have the manufacturer".

What a f***

18. RaceNut

RaceNut Registered

I imagine one of the main issues is related to licensing. Studios need to work within strict legal boundaries whereas the mod community is generally able to circumvent some of the associated limitations but, of course often replaced by other compromises.

Wouldn't it be great if the Studio was free to work in cooperation with mod'ing groups to bring such historic content to rF2, much like Kunos was able to do with some of theirs in AC(?) It seems like that has the potential to be a win/win/win for all parties.

19. Arnaud Plume

Arnaud Plume Registered

You are selling a mod with 3D models that match historical car models but you do not have the licenses for those. The answer from Mega seems 100% legit.

PedroJ, Art_Pereira and Bjørn like this.
  20. dmatzies

dmatzies Registered

Yes, Mega is acting completely correctly, no question about it.

However, it is not about the question of who has the license, but that content from create MOD can be freely converted and published without demand, with the argument that the copyrights lie with the manufacturer.
    Arnaud, I take your group C MOD from rf2, convert this without permission to AC and argue that you do not have the copyrights to the vehicles, but these lie with the manufacturer such as Lancia, BMW ect.

There is a patent law which says :
    Registered designs can be applied for by companies or private individuals. Protection arises upon entry of the design in the register kept by the DPMA and is valid throughout the territory of the Federal Republic of Germany. The term of protection of a registered design is a maximum of 25 years from the filing date.

Not one racing cars of that time and of the DRM were protected by copyright law. The vehicles originated for small companies, such as GS-Motorsport, Kremer, Zakspeed, Schnitzer, there are no copyrights and if they have expired.
    Only the names, sponsors and logos are important, this is our viewpoint

But I realize that the whole issue is always downplayed to the fact that we charged for our work, which we don't think is the real problem.
    And this should interest all those who, like Arnaud, create free MOD and are simply deprived of their work by unauthorized conversions with these arguments.

After sleeping on it for a night, I know I'm not going to be able to change it and there's no point in a public discussion on the subject.
    Happy modding !

PedroJ, McFlex, Corti and 1 other person like this.