Management Challenges Facing Formula SimRacing

Discussion in 'Off-Topic' started by David O'Reilly, Jun 25, 2021.

1. David O'Reilly

David O'Reilly Registered

Massimiliano it may not have been perfectly constructed, I don't create polls for a living. But, maybe 21 people thinking something was needed was enough to earn the courtesy of a considered response from the admin team. It didn't even get that.
    Not fantastic really.
    Not sure why you might say that. I am always happy to listen to the opposing view in a debate, and to respond to it, have done so numerous times. Does that mean I have to accept it as correct? I did listen, I simply don't agree with you.

Nothing, I am not the best driver in AMA. That is not the correct test. The test should NOT be "is he dominating AMA" the test should be "can he run acceptably within ACA". If the overlap is as much as 6-7 drivers deep then why does only the top driver go up (and he hasn't anyway). The bottom line is that 6-7 drivers in AMA should and would be in ACA if there was a system that worked objectively. It would also save a lot of us the embarrassment of having to argue about where we should race. But there isn't one, so we debate about pace once again.
    Lets just get the bottom ten from ACA and the top 10 from AMA to have a couple of test races? Stop it David you are proposing change again!

I too am happy to leave it alone here for now. I have said what I have said and I stand by it.

I will close with saying: If I am wrong on all ten points I have raised, then I can only congratulate FSR on their organisation, they have nothing to gain from improving in any of these areas. .
    If on the other hand there are some areas for improvement, and somebody somewhere is open minded and progressive enough to deal with it, even better.

Last edited: Jul 8, 2021
  2. Carlos Martín

Carlos Martín Member

Why you make everything about yourself?

That's one of the issues people has with you, instead of trying to do something good for the community you just do it for your personal interest. As you have stated many times, instead of actual caring about the system, you just wanted to be promoted to Div3. As you couldn't you desgined a whole system to get yourself promoted.

When it was given you an explanation why those changes were not going to be applied then you just started your own war against the world.

I told you since day one, you can do many good things for the community but just leave your personal interest aside. Do it because you really want to community to grow, not otherwise.

3. Robin Pansar

Robin Pansar Member

Can this discussion be moved to the FSR forums? It's completely irrelevant for the S397 forums.

Locking this thread would also be appreciated since this is just a mud-slinging fight.

4. David O'Reilly

David O'Reilly Registered

Carlos you have never ever said such a thing or anything like it. You are one of the most aggressive and toxic members of the FSR community. So please don't use this platform to try to sound reasonable.

No reasonable explanation was ever given.

The rest of your points are dealt with in the document. I encourage readers to read it and form their own view. I don't plan to expand on the points I've made or repeat them in response to your personal attacks.

Alternatively to attacking me personally, you could , as one of the tiny group with voting rights in the Team Owners Association could go to work to solve some of the challenges I have outlined.

Last edited: Jul 26, 2021
  5. Carlos Martín

Carlos Martín Member

As I stated before, you just want to see your own reality.

Anyone that is willing to be FSR president can be it. Doesn't need an FSR license. With this said, all the things you have said above had 0 value. Just a way to show you that you tend to ignore everything you dislike. When you were getting trolled during february in the FSR discord I tried to defend you and support you via PM, but just took me a few days to see that you just wanted any kind of attention. That's what you are doing in this forums, what you have done to the FSR administration and many teams.

Inform yourself properly. Insane amount of the data you have written in your document is extremely manipulated. I won't answer you anymore, if you feel you are so good, FSR so bad, you can always run your own league. Do it for the community, not for your own personal interest.

Have a good evening.