Plugin creation problem

Discussion in 'Plugins' started by Lluis_luigi, Jan 25, 2021.

1. Lluis_luigi

Lluis_luigi Registered

Hi everybody,

I created a plugin from the ExamplePlugin #7 given by Studio-397 (with Visual Studio 2019). I made it compile so it should be ok. I copied the .dll to Bin64 > Plugins folder to start using it. And when I open my plugins settings to activate it, it doesn't appear there.

Has anyone created a plugin? Or knows why a new plugin doesn't appear? Details of the compiling settings on Visual Studio to make it work? Any help will be welcomed to make this plugin work.

Note: I also compiled the ExamplePlugin #7 without touching a single coma to see if, when I copy it to plugins folder, it appears on rFactor 2 settings. It didn't work neither. That's why I'm afraid it's a stupid detail on settings, routes, or something.

Please, if anyone would like to help me I would be very grateful!!! Thank you!

2. kajoti

kajoti Registered

I know this is an old thread, but I don't like to see an answer missing (especially as I am going to be asking one soon!), so my best guess on this would be that you didn't set the platform to x64 in Visual Studio. Go to "Build" > "Configuration Manager" and select "Platform" = "x64". You can also set it in the toolbar.