VR is focused very close to my eyes after headset upgrade

Discussion in 'Technical & Support' started by whale-tail, May 20, 2021.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. whale-tail

whale-tail Registered

I am a VR-only guy who recently upgraded from a Rift CV1 to a Reverb G2. I'm running into a pretty vexing issue where everything in VR is focused very close. Like, VR gives you 3D vision, and the way my eyes have to focus on anything in the sim, it's like everything is a few inches from my nose, even the surrounding scenery when driving. This was never an issue with my Rift and only started when I began using the Reverb. I'm genuinely not sure what to make of it, and I don't know if I'm just searching the wrong keywords or not, but I can't find anybody else who has had this issue, let alone found a solution. Frankly I don't even know where to begin troubleshooting as it's such a weird problem but nothing in the rF2 or WMR settings showed any promise. This has only been an issue in rF2; AMS2 and AC both work normally, so I'm inclined to believe it's an rF2 issue. Any guidance would be hugely appreciated, thanks in advance.

System specs: 3700X, 2080Ti, Reverb G2, latest Windows 10, latest rF2 stable release

I'm new to the forum so my apologies if I'm posting in the wrong place or something, I'll make it right if so.

88mphTim likes this.
  2. Seven Smiles

Seven Smiles Registered

I’ve just made the same upgrade and while other sims are fine (except ACC) I have double vision in rF2 in the main menu, it's OK while the track is loading but double vision again in the cockpit - e.g. 2 pit crew standing apart in front of me. The HMD mirror on the monitor is normal.

3. 88mphTim

88mphTim racesimcentral.net

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.