Released Released | Build Update - July 2021

Discussion in 'News & Notifications' started by Paul Jeffrey, Jul 22, 2021.

1. Paul Jeffrey

Paul Jeffrey

Hello sim racers!

As the heat continues to build into the summer months, we've got something to tempt you back indoors again... a new rFactor 2 build update :D

The latest July 2021 update notes, and details about our new 'linked session' feature can be found on the following link: https://www.studio-397.com/2021/07/released-july-2021-build-update/

Happy racing!

CS Blog 21.7 BMW 4.jpg

2. Fabian Balle

Fabian Balle Registered

More of a bug report but its directly related to the update: The in-game replay overlay now reduces FPS a lot more than usual. From 63 without anything to 47 with the bottom overlay. And not even 10 FPS with the ticker at the top. Same thing was reported on the RC a while ago. Otherwise it's a good improvement

3. Tomislav Leskovic

Tomislav Leskovic Registered

Just to add on what @Fabian Balle said....a lot of FPS is lost with overlay active, I'm losing about 50+ fps when names/position overlay is visible and about 30+ fps when bottom overlay is visible. Tested on SPA.

4. Paul Jeffrey

Paul Jeffrey

Thanks for the note about replay FPS with the overlays enabled guys, it's a known issue and something we are working on.

Cheers

5. Paulfield

Paulfield Registered

Still can't change to another car on server with multi mods.

6. Paulfield

Paulfield Registered

You know there are some great people within this sim that have provided some great fixes. Why are you not utilising their fixes. Better UI by CselT is one of many. Seriously look at these people's work ! They can help.

7. davehenrie

davehenrie Registered

Very difficult to achieve. especially now, S397 doesn't really own rF2 fully any longer. If someone from here gets something added to the sim, a crafty lawyer could bring suit to claim partial ownership for that individual. Thus, unless under strict contracts, you rarely see community efforts incorporated.

Paulfield likes this.
  8. Alexandr Meshkov

Alexandr Meshkov Registered

Linked sessions work for competition system only?

9. Adam Helyes

Adam Helyes Registered

10. derek44

derek44 Registered

Hi Paul and everybody, last night i signed up for the gt preq coming back to rf2 after weeks and the enthusiasm for my favourite sim, i bought Monza, Spa and the 488 gt3 evo which i haven't but i spent the night not properly running.....:(

First: i felt something "wrong" and not beautiful as ever in ffb on my t500, i ran as always with the checked option on the steering lock from the car set-up but with the new functions "device driver" and "software" was always like the steering lock was wrong and the steering angle was not the same my hands put on the wheel., expecially with the 488; plus the feeling was not smooth, linear and good as ever with rf2, the wheel felt hard, not progressive and really worse than before, so i tried to restart from a clean t500 base setting ingame and things was a little bit better but not the same i knew from the game

Second: i experimented the same fps drops as other guys here are mentioning

Third:after the first laps i lost the audio engine onboard , watchig replays from the outside the engine sound was there but onboard i was listening only wind, tyres and kerbs.

Fourth: each time i close the game i had a runtime library error pop up

Fifth: in competition section sometimes all was working and other times the game says servers were offline. I restarted the game many times to see what was happening and this issue was really random

Finally as a test i switched from the beta steam proprerties to the previous build and all worked fine as i knew, my ffb was back and i recognized it, fps was good, engine sound was back and the runtime library error closing the game doesn't appear anymore. Then i returned to no beta and all the issues i mentioned returned except for the audio engine onboard which was finally back

I hope this can helps to give you info about what's going on but i am really sorry about this build issues each time from months, i don't want to criticize in a pointless way but if someone asks me if all is going well in rf2 my answer is NO and i am really sad about this.

Just for the record my configuration is:
    cpu i3570k
    gpu r9 290 tri-x
    16 gb ram
    asus motherboard
    last radeon software
    win 10 64 bit

i hope all issues cand be solved quickly

Checo Rivera likes this.
  11. Lazza

Lazza Registered

I doubt the game would run properly without them, but try installing all (all FOUR (4!!)) runtimes in the rF2\Support\Runtimes folder.

More likely it's a plugin complaining, so a trace file would be useful. (sticky thread in the technical and support section shows how).

That error isn't normal.

12. regged

regged Registered

So this isn't the RC release that has been available for several weeks but a new build with new fixes/features? Surely the idea of an RC is to test new fixes/features before being released as the new public build in order to catch any issues? Have no lessons been learnt from previous releases that have had issues?

13. Alex Sawczuk

Alex Sawczuk Administrator Staff Member

First lines of the article say it is the RC release.

14. MiguelVallejo

MiguelVallejo Registered

New AI logic under blue flag, that's good news! Eager to try it!

Juergen-BY and atomed like this.
  15. regged

regged Registered

What? this line:
    "Great news, today we are delighted to release a new build update to the public branch of rFactor 2 – packed with a veritable feast of new and exciting improvements to the software that we can’t wait for you to try for yourselves!"

Where does it say it is the new RC?

A few lines down:
    "As this new update is quite frankly a pretty large one, we’ve taken the decision to delay our next RC build for a little while longer"

It says the next RC is being delayed for - "a little while longer".

16. lagg

lagg Registered

You haven't read the important one
    "This new build will be formed from recent improvements developed by the code team and the content of our current Release Candidate that we have been running for the last few weeks."

17. Tudor Morris

Tudor Morris Registered

Had rF2 running very nicely before this update after spending a lot of time getting it to that stage, now it's a stuttering mess. Sorry I can't be more specific or constructive but I've wasted enough time on this for now. I'll try again in a month or two and see if it's playable again. Just glad I didn't waste my money on this title in the recent "sale".

18. regged

regged Registered

Who hasn't? Are you replying to me or Alex?

19. Alex Sawczuk

Alex Sawczuk Administrator Staff Member

The article clearly states that this new public release is what was on release candidate.

20. regged

regged Registered

There are none so blind as those who will not see.

It is literally written as per lagg's post.
    "This new build will be formed from recent improvements developed by the code team and the content of our current Release Candidate that we have been running for the last few weeks."

I've tried to help point this out as clearly as possible, not sure if english is a second language.