[REL] rFactor2 Log Analyzer ver. 2. With offline and league Championship Manager

Discussion in 'Other' started by Nibo, Apr 15, 2015.

1. Nibo

Nibo Registered

Yes, on different ports. Start second r2la with rF2 Log Analyzer ver. 2.058.41\web2py\web2py.exe or r2la_live_timing.bat (if you use LiveTiming) and enter different port value (8080, for example).

buzz hornet and Felipe Granado like this.
  2. Andy Bonar

Andy Bonar Registered

I'm still having some performance issues with rF2LA

I'm wondering if it could be due to the number of results we have on our server, something like 4600 files
    Is there are safe way to trim this down without affecting any championship stats or hosted competition info?

Edit:
    I just turned off the auto refresh option. It was set for every 10 minutes (as we run a hotlap competition)
    It seems to be a lot quicker to load the different pages now...maybe coincidence, or maybe that could have an impact?

Last edited: Jul 21, 2021
  3. Nibo

Nibo Registered

Yes, turning off auto refresh will be quicker. Before it was refreshing every 10 minutes (on request to any page) and 4600 files is a lot. You will have to manually press "Refresh" from r2la admin account whenever you need.

You can use Filter on Results Viewer page to select and then remove non-Championships files. But filter does not have an option for files that have lap times used in Hotlap Comptitions in them. I will look if I can add this filter option in next days.

4. Andy Bonar

Andy Bonar Registered

Thanks, that makes sense as to why its been so slow for us.
    Is there a way to make it not query back to the files if auto refresh is on? Say we changed the auto refresh to every 60 minutes or longer, then in between when users hit the records or results pages, it doesnt do this manual refresh? The way it works now seems to go against the auto refresh idea.

Just to add, for our hotlap competitions, we use a weekly hosted competition which records the results of the practice sessions for fastest lap times. At the end of the week, that is exported as an offline xml and added to the Championship. We run championships around 10 weeks long. So im not sure which files would need to be retained doing a prune...hope that makes sense

5. Nibo

Nibo Registered

Not sure what exactly you mean by "query back to the files"... If you set auto refresh to 60 minutes, then "refresh" will be called only once when 60 minutes passed and somebody requested any page. It can be longer then 60 minutes, until somebody will request any page. After this "refresh" there will be no automatic refresh for another 60 minutes, and so on.

If you export competition results to xml, and then assign that xml to championship, you can delete all Practice logs that have lap times for that competition. They no longer needed for exported xml and your championship. Competition itself will not find that laps then, but I think you don't need competitions that are exported to xml any longer and can delete them also. Maybe use "from date" and "to date" filter in combination with "session" and "track name" filters to select and delete old Practice log files that are no longer in use.

6. Andy Bonar

Andy Bonar Registered

Hi Nibo
    Sorry, im not explaining it very well...

This is what I think is happening.

With auto refresh set at 10 or 60 minutes, the whole system runs really slowly, when selecting either records or results pages.
    It looks like whenever someone tries to load one of those pages, it is trawling though the 4600 files before returning the web page.
    It seems that clicking one of these pages is forcing the refresh every time, and causing the delay, and it is over riding the auto refresh period

Is it possible to stop this happening, so that the only way that the page refreshes from the 4600 files is only done at the time interval specified in the settings?

7. Nibo

Nibo Registered

That sounds like it does not work properly. It should not refresh on every request. I don't know how much time it will take me to investigate this and if I will be able to fix. Until then your best option is to turn auto refresh off and do "refresh" manually from admin account when you need to update results.

Andy Bonar likes this.
  8. Andy Bonar

Andy Bonar Registered

Thanks Nibo, that all makes sense now.
    Ive started cleaning up the files too using the filter, and when ive got it right down, ill do a weekly clean up which should also help :)

9. Felipe Granado

Felipe Granado Registered

Nibo! How are you?

I have some questions we need in some races and the r2la can help us:
    1. Is it possible to create, in points rules, a point of finished race (just finish)?
    2. Is it possible to create a button to clean "Test Days" from logs folder?
    3. Is it possible to create a "from-to" file to tracks names where we can put the name manually and set the tracks to this "name"? Could be a .json file, for example.
    Ex.: Sebring -- Full Layout and Sebring -- 12h Course == Sebring International Raceway (I know this is exists in r2la settings, but not manually... or exists?)

OBS: I know we need, like modders and managers, put correctly the track, car and driver names in SIM, to organise better the information to the systems use by better way.

Thanks in advance!

10. Nibo

Nibo Registered

Felipe Granado,
    1. Yes. In championship options, in "Points System", set "Points for completing some percent of leader distance" to 1 point, set "Percent of leader distance for points bonus" to 0, set "Driver must finish the race (not DNF) to receive bonus for completing percent of leaders distance" checkbox to ON.

2. I will not create separate button for this for now. You can use Filter in Results Viewer, filter by Session -> "TestDay", then press "Select multiple" -> "Select all" -> "Remove selected".

3. No, this is not possible. Track names come from xml files and at the moment I don't want to add another complex layer with manual track names there.

Felipe Granado likes this.
  11. Nibo

Nibo Registered

Updated to 2.058.42
    • Fixed "Auto refresh" to work correctly in all situations.
    • Added "Used in Competition" and "Not used in Competition" options to Results Viewer filter.

12. Andy Bonar

Andy Bonar Registered

Thanks Nibo
    Ill get that installed soon and let you know how it goes

13. Nibo

Nibo Registered

Forgot to add, "Used/Not Used in Competition" filter option will work for competitions created in v2.058.42, but will not work for old competitions created in previous versions and imported into v2.058.42.

buzz hornet likes this.
  14. Andy Bonar

Andy Bonar Registered

Been testing it for a couple of days now, it is way better now, thanks for taking the time to sort that one out :)

15. ennimann

ennimann Registered

Hi,
    Is there a possibility in the result viewer to add a sorting or filter function for vehicle class or server name? (for non admin users)

upload_2021-8-19_19-49-52.png

16. Nibo

Nibo Registered

That is already available, but filter is not visible for non-admin users by default. You have to go to Options page and check "Allow Results Viewer Filter for users". Then user can press "Filter" button and use "Server Name" or "Car Class" filter fields.

17. cybe

cybe Registered

hi @Nibo
    I tried to update to the latest Version. It seems like "Export hotlap competitions" / "Import..." does not work.
    When export in old version it creates the json file but with 0 kb file size and the created file is empty.
    My old version is rF2 Log Analyzer ver. 2.058.35

Last edited: Aug 26, 2021
  18. Nibo

Nibo Registered

There might be an error message in web2py cmd window when you press "Export". If there is, copy it here.

It is possible that some of your competitions have non-Latin symbols in their names, try to rename them to Latin symbols only, then export. It is also possible that some driver(s) that have results in competition have non-Latin symbols in their names, I think you will have to rename them in result xmls also, then make sure corrected names are picked up by competition.

cybe likes this.
  19. cybe

cybe Registered

You were right, that was it. Some of the competitions had non-Latin symbols in their names (N"ΓΌ"rburgring for example).
    I renamed them (to N"u"rburgring) and exported once again. All is fine now. The json file that was created had all the competitions in it and imported into the latest LogAnalyzer without any Problems. I was able to run the latest Version with all necessary imported data (championships and competitions) from the version i was running before.

Thank You!

Emery and Nibo like this.
  20. Woodee

Woodee Registered