CS-closed Formula Challenge

Discussion in 'Official Competitions & Contests' started by Deleted member 24698, Jun 30, 2021.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Pasquale Genchi

Pasquale Genchi Registered

Csincsik and Hoyer are still in the leaderboard respectively in P2 and P48 despite being announced as FPro drivers

2. Carlos Martín

Carlos Martín Member

All the pro drivers are still there

P2 Marcel Csincsik
    P17 Muhammed Patel
    P28 Gianmarco Fiduci
    P39 Giordano Valeriano
    P48 Michi Hoyer

My question is, for the liveries, do we use the current number including the pro drivers or we remove the pro drivers and count the real position we should have? Thanks

3. Filippo Caneo

Filippo Caneo Registered

I'd like to ask one more thing, here in Forum you say that there is NO mandatory pitstop for Formula Challenge. But if I check here https://www.studio-397.com/rfactor2-formula-series-2021/ , there is Mandatory tire change and 60 minute race. I know that we have to follow Forum instruction but I'd suggest to change those things in S397 website just to avoid misunderstandings with new users.

4. Pasquale Genchi

There's a link to the rules document in the first post

EDIT: are the 6.1 and 6.2 section of the rules applied to all the splits in Formula Challenge? There will be VSC?

Last edited: Jul 14, 2021
  5. Filippo Caneo

Filippo Caneo Registered

I suppose they'll tell that before first race

6. Pasquale Genchi

Well considering there's a rules document I hoped it was more clear.
    Almost one week to go and there are still unclear important info like race lenght, pit stops and tyre change, a race engineer/teammate and a team channel are mentioned in the document despite this being a driver based competition. I'd like to know if that applies to all splits in Formula Challenge because I'd have to find one then.
    Also what does mandatory tyre change mean? I can pit and change the tyres using a new set of the same compound? I have to use a different compound?
    I know we're not as important as Formula Pro guys, but I think we deserve correct info

7. And? there are several there - i am not gonna manual delete the drivers time on the board. Too risky, as i said POSITION 1-59 can submit livery and its THE number you have on the leader board you are assigned. So if you are 59 - your number is 59, if you are 3 your number is 3. Regardless of any pro driver that has taken part in it. This is to make it easier for everyone.
    ANYTHING on the forum and in a briefing overrules any other rules or notes. Since that page was made i have learned that parc ferme on tyres will force you to use only that tyre during the race. So anything in first post is always the one you should look at. As per rules.
    What is it that is specifically unclear. We cant support "engineers" in CS, so not you cant have an engineer present - i thought that was clear.
    Length of the race? again anything posted on the forum overrules any other stuff. I see someone copied over the 60 mins, but that is obviously not correct (as you also can see in game). Its a 45 min race.
    I think this covers the questions.

Filippo Caneo likes this.
  8. Pasquale Genchi

So all the drivers will be put in a specific teamspeak challenge? Will everyone be muted? I've never used teamspeak while racing, actually I've never had someone in my ears while racing since I prefer to be 100% focused on what's happening on track.
    Also after all the drivers have crossed the s/f line at the end of the race are we allowed to exit or is there something post race we're required to attend? Asking because I have another race to attend minutes after the end of the F Challenge race, so I'll be literally jumping from one server to another.

Another thing, who do I reach for changing the name here?

9. Jurgen van Bergen

Jurgen van Bergen Registered

Will refuelling be allowed in Formula Challenge? It's not in the rulebook so hope we can have clearance on this.

10. FCY is not yet planned for CS - and if used ONLY in Split 1. However this will be in chat, as i want the CS to handle most of this. We can set up a TS if people want it, or even just have fun on Discord with a channel there.
    Send a PM to @Christopher Elliott for name change on forum, i handle the CS so shot me a message if that is needed.

Yes, fueling is allowed.

11. Filippo Caneo

Filippo Caneo Registered

Maybe this is a stupid question but it's my first time joining a full championship using the CS: how do liveries work? We have to install a skin pack or what?

12. You will get it through CS

Filippo Caneo likes this.
  13. Achraf Lemar

Achraf Lemar Registered

Hi, for a former competition session race (indi250), @Jimmi Allison had changed my nickname "Lemarrakchi" to my real name "Achraf Lemar". But when I join the formula challenge in CS (and others), my name becomes again "Lemarrakchi". Is it possible to remove this nickname "Lemarrakchi" in the CS and replace it by "Achraf Lemar" definitely?

Another thing, I'm able to change my ingame name through my profile (to put Achraf Lemar). However, whenever I go to the competition system, the game changes my name back to my old name "Lemarrakchi".

thank you in advance for your consideration. @Jimmi Allison

14. Let me try again tomorrow, when CS is down.

15. Achraf Lemar

Achraf Lemar Registered

Ok Jimmi thank you

16. Vance Le Garde

Vance Le Garde Registered

I cant make the first rd at Spa due to real life racing commitments, hope to be there for the rest ;)

17. Achraf Lemar

Achraf Lemar Registered

Thanks @Jimmi Allison . It works now.

Deleted member 24698 likes this.
  18. Turkka Häkkinen

Turkka Häkkinen Registered

I won't be able to participate this season, sorry for the inconvenience.

19. Rules document updated
    Edited:
    6.2 Use of TeamSpeak is currently disabled – the chat in game will be used from race direction.

20. Briefing (as it will be for ALL races) posted in 2nd post. Will be updated on raceday to show weather for the upcoming race.
    Spa as you can see will be partly cloudy, no rain and 18 degress.

Adrian Blasco likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.