VR Settings: AA Levels vs MSAAX?

Discussion in 'Technical & Support' started by Hank Madison, Jul 2, 2021.

1. Hank Madison

Hank Madison Registered

I'm trying to find decent VR settings for my Reverb G2/3080 setup. Noticing that some videos on YT show different AA levels in the graphics config page. For AA, mine are listed as MSAAx2, MSAAx4, etc. On their pages, they are listed in levels.

Am I missing something?

2. Andy Bonar

Andy Bonar Registered

I used to spend hours messing about trying to get my G2 and 3080 set right in RF", but found it really varies on what cars and tracks you are using.
    I didnt want to have to keep changing everything whenever we ran a different combo, and then I found this wonderful app.

https://github.com/tappi287/rf2_video_settings

It enables you to set many profiles so that you can click one and they are set in the game when it launches.
    I have 4 different settings created:
    Max VR
    High Vr
    Mid VR
    Low VR
    No VR - for watching race replays etc.

Each one has different settings.

It wont give you an answer as to why rf2 seemingly is poorly optimised, but it means its so easy to quickly test a track with some AI on and work out which of your profiles to run with.

The one main factor I found regardless of which profile I use, having much more than 12 cars visible on track will kill it totally.

I run my G2 at 100% SS in steam, and lock the fps to 45. 45 doesnt suit some, but it works great for me, I cant see much difference between 45 and 90, and I dont suffer that bit when its not sure whether to run at 45 or 90 if you have it on auto.

Hope that helps.

3. Hank Madison

Hank Madison Registered

Andy Bonar likes this.
  4. Hank Madison

Hank Madison Registered

Question regarding the Video settings wizard @Andy Bonar - do I need to have reshade installed? Thanks again.

5. Andy Bonar

Andy Bonar Registered

I don't have it installed, I don't touch any of that stuff...don't know enough about it to try it.

Hank Madison likes this.