Released Released | Autodromo Nazionale di Monza

Discussion in 'News & Notifications' started by Paul Jeffrey, Jun 24, 2021.

1. davehenrie

davehenrie Registered

I thought they made some small improvements with the Merc's AI handling.(basically a different setup I think) But they are working on the Merc, a project that they had hoped to have finished several months ago. Still ongoing.

2. Andreas Schmich

Andreas Schmich Registered

Hello, when i want to make a server with monza, i always get the error " error loading mesh file Panorama.gmt to memory " how can i fix this??? I Subscribed and desubscribed already 5 times

3. davehenrie

davehenrie Registered

it is not Monza that is the problem. Your carset is tied to another track...Panorama is Bathurst. I suspect an earlier online event with those cars used several tracks that have been updated to new version numbers.
    Try hosting with a completely different mod at monza. If you can host another set of cars, then that will clear the track from being the problem. Then use mod manager to eliminate any old references to your troubled carset and tracks.

4. redapg

redapg Registered

@davehenrie It is Monza that loads the Panorama.gmt Mesh.
    So i also suspect that there is something wrong with the Track or the rfmod Setup.

@Andreas Schmich Which Subfolders does your Monza have in the Folder
    ...\rFactor 2\Installed\Locations\Monza_2021?
    You have to have the Subfolders 1.10 and 1.11, which are the ones from the original Track.
    If there are more than the 1.10 and the 1.11 Subfolder, delete these and then create the rfmod with the 1.11.
    That normally should work then.

atomed likes this.
  5. Andreas Schmich

Andreas Schmich Registered

i just choosed the monza 1.11 and there are only these two folders there..and i dont even hav Bathurst installed :D

and the Car is just the oreca 07 ...and i can create other tracks like lemans with no errors at all..so it have to be monza..but deleting and subscribing again doesnt help

***SOLVED***

I dont know why, but i made the serverunlock and serverkey new and this solved the problem. I run Paid contend before and had no problems..but i bought monza and had to made it new..but now it works

Last edited: Jul 5, 2021
    davehenrie likes this.
  6. Simonk

Simonk Registered

@Paul Jeffrey is work still being done to improve this track? The 1.11 update fixed the random braking at turn 3 but other issues still remain with AI. They’re running too wide at Lesmo 1 and 2 causing poor exit speed. The AMG GT3 is useless at Lesmo 2 and often looses control although I have found some improvement running AI learning for the AMG. There’s also an LOD issue with one of the trees on the right before the Fanatec bridge on the back straight. You can see the tree appear just after you exit Lesmo 2. The tree is just past the building after the kink.

memoNo1 likes this.
  7. MiguelVallejo

MiguelVallejo Registered

Monza at first doesn't look quite as spectacular as Sebring, Portland or Le Mans, but as you lapping more and more you realize the fantastic work of S397. There is nothing in other sims at that level, little by little we are having a good collection of top quality circuits
    However, AI ruins any immersion, at least in multi-class racing. Accidents around every corner and erratic driving under the blue flag. It does not seem a problem of the AIW but of the AI in general.

8. Paul Jeffrey

Paul Jeffrey

Hi @Simonk

Yes we have an update in the works that should improve AI behaviour and adds a few more little goodies, hopefully that should be released in the very near future.

Cheers

9. Simonk

Simonk Registered

That's great to hear Paul. I had another go last night with full track detail and it looks stunning. I see comments all the time about RF2's graphics being the worst out of the sims available but on my 3 x1080 system, I think it's the most natural and best looking. I also tried Monza in the rain and other than a couple reflection glitches, I was quite blown away by how the road looks. In a place where you guys continuously get kicked up the butt by the community, I just wanted to add something positive and let you know that whilst there's always improvement to be made, the team have been kicking goals IMO.

10. MiguelVallejo

MiguelVallejo Registered

I think the same, for me the graphics of Rfactor2 are very natural. Of course, AMS2 looks spectacular and I love the night at ACC, but rfactor2 is the one that I find the coolest and most credible.

pascom and Paul Jeffrey like this.
  11. AlexHeuskat

AlexHeuskat Registered

yes, it misses a massive shadows fix, and they can focus about AI fix.