Car stalls on idle

Discussion in 'Technical & Support' started by Luis Barata, Jul 13, 2021.

1. Luis Barata

Luis Barata Registered

I have a weird problem that I don't have a clue if there is something I did to cause it. When on idle the engine dies, of course I can restart it but it's not normal. I know the clutch can cause it but I have it automatic clutch so it is not the reason. Weird even because starting a race in the position the engine dies before I start accelerating. It's not a bigger problem but would be nice to have it as before.
    Thanks

2. Woodee

Woodee Registered

A car will still stall without the clutch. Race cars rarely have an idle in gear like a normal car.

3. Lazza

Lazza Registered

Which car?

Woodee isn't wrong (a car I've been working on stalls under 3k RPM in real life in race trim, though I'm choosing not to make it that hardcore in the game because it will confuse people) but most in rF2 will idle. If we know the car we can work out if you have a technical issue.

4. Luis Barata

Luis Barata Registered

I'm a bit confuse after reading your question and comment I was going to check for several cars. Yesterday it happened but today (I checked) everything seems to have returned to normal. I have no clue what happened yesterday my apologizes it seems everythings back now.
    Yesterday the car was the Kart 125cc. I even thought it was related with the track I was testing (wackersdorf) but it seems unlikely, today I checked again in the same conditions.
    Thanks.

5. Woodee

Woodee Registered

Weird.... as karts don't stall as far as I was aware :)

6. TJones

TJones Registered

If im not wrong, they could stall using very low engine brake mapping.

7. Luis Barata

Luis Barata Registered

Yes I found the reason why it stalls in idle. When I did the setup I thought the "throttle to idle" was something else and I low the default value "10" to "5". I never knew what that thing does now I know.