Released Released | KartSim Update + New Tracks & Karts

Discussion in 'News & Notifications' started by Paul Jeffrey, Jul 10, 2021.

1. djvicious

djvicious Registered

I did a 30 lap race in the KZ rental around Wakersdorf. What an exciting race! I was being held up in 6th place for many laps until I realized I needed to get brave. Ended up in 3rd but lost too much time to catch up to the leaders. I could almost smell the gas and oil from the lawn mower engines! Despite the slow moving vehicles, it's probably the most fun I've had in a sim in a long time!

2. atomed

atomed Member

Fantastic job guys, the shifter kart is fantastic. I'm soon going to Zuera, will get there with my homework done :p

Last edited: Jul 11, 2021
  3. mantasisg

mantasisg Registered

I hope due the importance of Karts rF2 will see improvements for solid axle simulation.

There seems to be a bug where solid axles greatly restricts chassis roll and pitch. Perhaps it is not as big deal for karts that are stiff and moves little anyways, has no suspension. But maybe still could benefit.

4. John R Denman

John R Denman Registered

Will have to try this one out when I get some time.
    Karts are very different from cars in setup as the chassis, seat struts, F/R bars, axle and F Camber/Castor are the suspension elements.

If they're like the real world;

Axle wall thickness is similar to a spring element; soft axles flex more vertically under corner loads and horizontally on turn exits.
    Rear tread width alters the leverage to the bending moment on the axle (Strain = Length Cubed). Wide is best so axle stiffness is crucial to baseline with some fine tuning. Tire pressures will also have a significant effect here - although tire pressures are on a different "schedule".

Pressure settings will alter when the tires come into their peak. Early peak, higher pressures.

Front Castor is the go-to for axle binding. "Binding" is when the inside rear begins to battle the outside velocity through a turn. Entering the turn with the weight shifted to the front, the inside rear its pretty light already. On the exit the weight shifts to the rear. If you're early on the throttle onto a long straight you want as little binding as possible on the exit, this is one of the top chassis kart tuner secrets.

2 Strokes are very persnickety on carb tuning. At full chat they run on the edge of detonation and as the pipe reaches its "concert hall peak" needs a smattering of added heat to reduce the speed of sound and extend the range of the concert hall peak. Those who know 2 strokes understand. Dell’Orto VHSH 30 has Idle, Main Jets & Emulsion Tube to play with. Emulsion Tubes are magic.

I doubt rF2 is optimized for a kart, but its worth a try!

5. Godwind Racing

Godwind Racing Registered

I wish Kartsim could add superkarts for use with S397 circuits

6. Godwind Racing

Godwind Racing Registered

I already have the original pack (3 tracks and 2 karts) that I brought in the 2018 summer sales - never brought the Euro pack as there was no season sales for it

If I buy the 'Upgrade Pack' and that 'Euro Pack', this leaves me with 2 spare Euro tracks which will do nothing but to clog drive space. As I already have a spare Sebring that also do nothing, what am I supposed to do with them spare content - this is why I am reluctant in sinking money into DLC
    This makes you question your loyality to developers and games

7. davehenrie

davehenrie Registered

This topic comes up for every new package. Nothing has changed for two years. You are saving money by purchasing the pack. You have to decide if the duplication is worth the new content.

8. Lazza

Lazza Registered

You won't have 2 copies of anything, same as you don't have 2 copies of Sebring.

You've had 2+ years of access to 2 karts and 3 tracks that someone buying the whole pack now hasn't had.

This is how selling stuff works - sell high when demand is up, discount later to try and drag in the stragglers.

I'm actually in the same position as you (not that that should be necessary to be relatable) and I stand by what I said - if I want all 4 karts and 10 tracks, buying the whole pack is still cheaper than buying missing items individually. And I've done literally 3 laps with the kart content I own, but I paid for the access and it's my choice to not use it.

pkelly likes this.
  9. Paul Jeffrey

Paul Jeffrey

Travis, turtleCZ, lagg and 2 others like this.
  10. memoNo1

memoNo1 Registered

11. Tomislav Leskovic

Tomislav Leskovic Registered

With this update fix I'm getting requires unknown based mod to be installed for KS_KZ_EU_2021_1.05. Tried unsubscribing and subscribing, didn't fix the issue. Also in 1.04 folder there is only mft file

Edit: Both rfcmp files downloaded from workshop have 614b each

12. memoNo1

memoNo1 Registered

13. Paul Jeffrey

Paul Jeffrey

Hi @memoNo1
    Yes, the new tracks follow the same process of the previous tracks released within the KS content :)

Cheers

memoNo1 likes this.
  14. Eveno

Eveno Registered

Bonjour j'ai le
    même problème KS_KZ_EU_2021_1.05.

15. Tomislav Leskovic

@Paul Jeffrey can you please verify that KS_KZ_EU_2021 files are ok, it seems that I'm not the only one who has an issue with them after the update.

16. Eveno

Eveno Registered

J'ai trouvé le problème il faut effacer le cache de téléchargement dans STEAM.

17. Paul Jeffrey

Paul Jeffrey

Another much more minor update has been deployed in the last few minutes that corrects a small error in the item file, that should resolve this issue now.

Our apologies for the mistake.

18. Eveno

Eveno Registered

Ensuite Steam va redémarrer mise à jour de Rfactor2 téléchargement de la 1.5 (325.5 MB)

19. Tomislav Leskovic

All good and working now, tnx.

Paul Jeffrey likes this.
  20. Eveno

Eveno Registered