Sound Issue

Discussion in 'Bug Reports' started by Obbzy_XR_, Jul 5, 2021.

1. Obbzy_XR_

Obbzy_XR_ Registered

Hi,
    I'm having issues where my T500RS seems to be interfering with the engine sounds?
    When I accelerate the engine sound becomes intermittent (comes and goes). When I press the brake the engine sound disappears until take my foot off the brake. When I turn the wheel left or right I get the engine sound cut outs briefly. I can still hear some of the ambient sounds (e.g car turbulence).
    It only started happening yesterday.
    It doesn't happen when I'm on AMS2.
    Any ideas?

2. TheGame316

TheGame316 Registered

It's not the issue with number of sound effects resetting to 1? Check your audio settings and if so set to 64.

Luis Barata likes this.
  3. Obbzy_XR_

Obbzy_XR_ Registered

Tried that. Still didn't fix it.
    Gonna update sound card drivers, win 10 etc... see if that helps

4. Obbzy_XR_

Obbzy_XR_ Registered

Just did a windows update & now the sound works.
    Don't know if that was the actual fix, but happy days again.. :)

SmellySkidmark and TheGame316 like this.
  5. Lazza

Lazza Registered

When you change that setting you need to restart rF2. 99% certain that was your issue, because 1 sound at a time will do exactly what you described.

Obbzy_XR_ and TheGame316 like this.
  6. Binny

Binny Guest

Had same issue after full reinstall if you adjust the throttle in windows software ect. after you put 1st wizard settings in this happens also. Did a re start of sim did nothing.
    Needs a fix ASAP as you will have to do another install to fix it only way i have found so far If anyone finds a easy fix pls post here.
    Also saved my car, track files ect.. to make it quicker for install no go there either had to let steam install everything.

7. Lazza

Lazza Registered

Changing settings in windows shouldn't have this sort of effect.

Either way, a full game reinstall is 97% deleting and downloading (then installing) game content that has nothing to do with configuration errors. If specific content files are somehow broken a steam rF2 file validation will find and fix them.

Generally moving the UserData folder out, then verifying files (to restore the controller presets), will give all configuration files a completely fresh start.

If there might be other loose files causing issues, deleting all folders except Installed (and moddev) and verifying will clear out everything global in the game, with less than 1GB download required.

Finally, when it sounds like only a single sound is playing at any time, check the audio effects setting in the game for this known bug, as above.

Binny likes this.
  8. Luis Barata

Luis Barata Registered

It solved the sound problem for me. I wonder how it changed to 1 or if it was in 1 how I had good sounds until now.
    Thanks

9. Lazza

Lazza Registered

It's a bug. You didn't change it, the game didn't intend to change it. It's on the list for fixing, but until it is just keep it in mind if it happens again.