[REL] Studio Showrooms

Discussion in 'Other' started by FuNK!, Jul 13, 2018.

1. FuNK!

FuNK! Registered

The showroom, or better the lightning there, is broken and that's the reason why I stopped working on showroom designs for now. But great to see there are others that can make use of my work and improve that, and like to add new content in that area of the game ;)

2. juanchioooo

juanchioooo Registered

the best showroom, so far for me is that of SuperGT GRAB_246.JPG

Matt21 and Adrian Blasco like this.
  3. Alastar

Alastar Registered

There looks to be some bugs with the showroom lighting and it may be the reason why there are so few showroom mods out there for RF2. Despite this, I think there's a need for a showroom for creating vehicle icons/thumbnails and I have to work with what we have. FuNK! you used a disk-shaped mesh for the floor and the walls in your showroom. I've also tried a bucket shaped mesh and I think the default lighting may work better with this mesh. Have you tried a different shaped mesh? If so what did you find?

I've just come across something else that is unusual. Rotate= in the INI file is controlling more than automatic rotation of the vehicle and any other instances. When set to 1 the camera and the lighting are stationary and the vehicle and any other instances rotates. When you stop the rotation, you can manually rotate the vehicle etc. and the camera and the lighting are stationary. When set to 0 you can rotate the camera around the vehicle and any other instances; and the lighting is stationary. This means that if you want to take a screenshot of the right side of the car or its rear at a position set in the INI file, these sides will be in the cars shadow.

Changing the mesh material "Direct X Shader" to "T1 No Shadows" removes the second shadow.

Last edited: Nov 4, 2019
  4. McFlex

McFlex Registered

Hey @FuNK! i found a way more easy way for this tutorial on how to create transparent ingame preview pictures.

https://forum.studio-397.com/index.php?threads/new-icon-creator-tutorial.65139/

You can create a screenshot directly out of rF2 which has a transparent background behind the car. It requires a small change in the WHITESTUDIO_SIDE showroom. The "floor.gmt", "sky.GMT" and the entry "IncludeIns=sky" from the WHITESTUDIO_SIDE.SCN have to be excluded

I don't want to release it official as it is "your" showroom. So maybe you want to do it.

My post on how to perform this can be found here: https://forum.studio-397.com/index.php?threads/new-icon-creator-tutorial.65139/#post-1037833

Edit: Big bummer. You can forget about updating your showroom. Found out screenshot with transparent background only works in DevMod. In SP they are completely. Again big inconsistency in the development of rF2. Sometimes i am very tired of this shit :confused:

Last edited: Aug 31, 2020
  5. FuNK!

FuNK! Registered

First of all I like to quote myself :D
    So feel free to release a changed version or your own based on mine.

I know that taking a screenshot from the showroom without a background does give you a transparent background in the screenshot in the png format. Couple of rF2 updates ago, that did work without removing the background from the showroom (there should be a post somewhere in this thread I believe). Anyway. In my tests - and I already did some - this removed background does not work well all the time. It's a workaround as it may give better window transparency then any manual processing. However, I found that in many cases parts of the car will be transparent as well, IIRC the black or carbon parts or materials that used a particular shader. Could still be on my end only, but maybe you can verify that.

But anyway, please go ahead and release whatever you come up with! :cool:

6. Vanisch

Vanisch Registered

Is it simply not possible for the manufacturer s397 to integrate a function to create simple and suitable screenshots so that you can insert your own skins with preview images?
    You can see how much interest there is on the part of the user.

Why is s397 so stubborn in this direction? It's slowly pissing you off.
    Such a function is easy for the programmer. The functions for the layers have also been built in.

@ s397, now listen to your customers. See how much modding you can make the work easier with it.

McFlex likes this.
  7. lagg

lagg Registered

Have you seen this?
    https://forum.studio-397.com/index.php?threads/easy-icon-creator-showroom.67215/

Vanisch likes this.
  8. delphinho

delphinho Registered

I'm currently searching for this show room. Does anyone have a download link for the mod containing this showroom?

juanchioooo likes this.
  9. lagg

lagg Registered

In the first post.

Last edited: Jul 8, 2021
  10. juanchioooo

juanchioooo Registered

haunetal1990 and delphinho like this.
  11. juanchioooo

juanchioooo Registered

Wanting to help is fine, but before that, make sure you are helping, because what he wants is not in the first post, it is more in the first post, the showroom is just as bad as the official hangar, with the right side darkened, so you haven't helped him, you've confused him;)

12. delphinho

delphinho Registered

juanchioooo likes this.
  13. elec86

elec86 Registered

i look for a show room work in rf2 dev mod but i dont find

can you help me ?

14. Brutten

Brutten Registered

@elec86
    If you copy the showroom from the installed folder and paste it in the corresponding folder in ModDev it should work.
    I use an old one that I modified, if you want I can pass it to you.

upload_2022-11-29_23-58-53.png

15. elec86

elec86 Registered

yes if you can thank

16. Mário Serafim

Mário Serafim Registered

Did you create that showroom for Rfactor2?

17. elec86

elec86 Registered

18. Mário Serafim

Mário Serafim Registered

Do you care to share it please ? :)

19. FuNK!

FuNK! Registered

I care - to be honest, it was just converted not created by me. I even don't know about the true source and if it's a rip or so. Also technically I don't think it's up to standard and I would not have time to update. To cut a long story short: I'm afraid I cannot and will not share it, I'm sorry.

Mário Serafim likes this.
  20. Woodee

Woodee Registered

Is it still possible to have the driver model in a showroom?