We need in-car differential settings...

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by williang83, Mar 24, 2019.

1. williang83

williang83 Registered

Rfactor is a great product and under some points it is the best sim hands down. However some base stuff is simply lacking, like:

- Proper offline championship built-in. I'm aware they are working on a new UI. However, unless i have failed to gather further details, i see no official statements about whether or not offline championship will be one of the features of the new UI.
    - In-car differential settings. It is something essential and very common that allows to instantly change the balance of the car. It is beyond my comprehension why some sims/games implements it while rFactor don't. I mean this is also a part of simulation and not having it is a void left in the simulation. I would have somehow understood if rFactor didn't simulate differential at all, although at this point it won't be a simulation, but it does so why not extend it to the in-car adjustment. I've read that in the past ISI told that it would mess up with the physics, if it is so then damn there is something wrong there.

F1Aussie, Bjørn and mesfigas like this.
  2. mesfigas

mesfigas Registered

iracing and assetto corsa has diferential settings.

williang83 likes this.
  3. williang83

williang83 Registered

Even codemaster F1 games have this

4. doddynco

doddynco Registered

Diff settings are under 'Steering' in the general tab

5. Bernd

Bernd Registered

He wants to have it adjustable on board.

6. mantasisg

mantasisg Registered

I still have not became skilled enough to be able adjust these things on the fly: TC, ABS, Brake Bias, Anti Roll Bars.... the only thing I have skill to adjust on the fly is adjust turbo, switch wipers, switch headlights :D Adjusting differential on the fly ? Thats some nasty stuff haha

williang83 likes this.
  7. borbor

borbor Registered

for which car / class of cars do you want to be able to adjust the diff on the fly?

R.Noctua likes this.
  8. Donat

Donat Registered

Most vehicles that rFactor 2 has can't even adjust the differential on fly in real life!

Toro, atomed, R.Noctua and 2 others like this.
  9. stonec

stonec Registered

This is true for electronic differentials, however, rF2 doesn't simulate electronic differentials as of yet. So one could argue that it would be less realistic to bring onboard adjustment to a type of differential that never was adjustable onboard in real life.

Donat and bwana like this.
  10. williang83

williang83 Registered

Currently all in-car setups are subject to whether or not the car allows that setup. So car's who don't have DRS cannot simply activate DRS, same for traction control settings.

11. Javibeza

Javibeza Registered

I wonder why this hasn't been a popular request in so many years. I find it essential for a Formula. Would it be so difficult to implement?
    Thanks for reading.

Vance Le Garde and Gonzo like this.
  12. williang83

williang83 Registered

It has been popular, i was one of those who requested it in the past........... but rf2 does not simulate a few IMPORTANT stuff, they physics simulation progress has seen a complete halt since ISI left. Don't even bother asking it because 397 clearly prioritize candy stuff rather than fix/improve core issues, even less add core features.

Gonzo likes this.
  13. Lazza

Lazza Registered

So just before this turns into a S397 bashing, ISI indicated they'd look at better drivetrain simulation in 2013 and nothing ever happened.

Vance Le Garde likes this.
  14. williang83

williang83 Registered

Sure sure ISI abandoned the boat, but since ISI departure basically physics has been left as it was and AI even saw steps back (from what was already bad)