Pretty cool immersion, ghetto style.

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by green serpent, Jul 6, 2021.

1. green serpent

green serpent Registered

So I thought I'd give an idea a little "proof of concept" test today. I put my subby next to my sim racing seat and I jammed a salad bowl between the two. The idea is to get the vibration of the speaker to transfer through the seat. Someone has probably thought of this before but I've certainly never seen it before.

It's hard to tell by the video, but it works really well, you can feel the change in revs of the engine and curbs feel great! One thing that really detracted from it, is that I wasn't getting the same vibration through the wheel which really broke the spell of the immersion. This is obviously just a test setup, maybe going forward I'd have one hidden away under the seat, and another somewhere touching closer to the wheel base to get some vibration coming through the wheel.

It's a 10inch fairly powerful sub, but I reckon it'd work with something a bit smaller too (probably not too great for the speaker though).

I'm probably taking things too far now but hey, thanks to rF2 I havn't lost my licence in a while so I'm going to keep going down this track ;)

Last edited: Jul 6, 2021
    Love Guitars n Cars and pkelly like this.
  2. Dave^

Dave^ Registered

3. green serpent

green serpent Registered

4. Love Guitars n Cars

Love Guitars n Cars Registered

5. davehenrie

davehenrie Registered

He could start his own company...he could call it Creative, and his woofer thru a pot to the seat could be called a Soundbla.. err....hmmm....well, perhaps not!

Love Guitars n Cars likes this.
  6. green serpent

green serpent Registered

Seeing as a speaker is also called a driver, and the speaker is directly connected to unit, I was thinking about calling it "Direct Drive Wheel Bass" That's for the wheel one obviously, for the seat version obviously butt kicker has been taken, so I'm thinking something catchy yet descriptive like "Butt Vibrator".

Dave^ likes this.
  7. Dave^

Dave^ Registered

No doubt they will sell well, but I think the reviews may be a little strange. :D