Issues with competition sign up

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by João Maurizio Gurtner, Jan 23, 2021.

1. João Maurizio Gurtner

João Maurizio Gurtner Registered

Hi,
    I can´t seem to sign up for the alpine cup winter series, it gives me this error:
    "rFactor 2 was not able to activate series AlpineCupWinter2021, which is probably caused by incompatible upgraded cars and/or tracks that are currently installed. Please manually remove such upgrades using the content panel by either unsubscribing from the relevant workshop items or uninstalling the components in the package screen."

Already uninstalled the alpine cars manully and its the same error over and over again.
    Any help?

Thanks!

2. Remco Majoor

Remco Majoor Registered

Did you try restarting without reinstalling it a few times?

3. João Maurizio Gurtner

Hi! Yes, several times...

4. serdarakin80

serdarakin80 Registered

I have the same error, I uninstalled it and installed it, it is not happening anymore, I gave up

5. João Maurizio Gurtner

I found a solution that worked for me, but it takes a bit of time since the game will install all the cars and tracks again. Just delete everything inside the "SteamLibrary\steamapps\common\rFactor 2\Installed\Vehicles" and "SteamLibrary\steamapps\common\rFactor 2\Installed\Locations" folders.
    After that you will have to verify the games integrity with steam and enter rf2 as usual. It will take about 30 minutes depending on how many mods you have subscribed on the workshop (I had like 200 and took me 30-45 minutes). After that I already could join the competitive races.

Hope this helps!

6. David O'Reilly

David O'Reilly Registered

I had the same message.
    I was also getting failed verification message for 1 track.
    I went into Steam inventory.
    Unsubscribed and then resubscribed to that track.
    All good.
    It seems it will be one of the tracks or cars from that series.

7. serdarakin80

serdarakin80 Registered

thank you, its worked.

8. tennenbaum

tennenbaum Registered

same issue here when i try to sign up for the new Formula Challenge. Do I really have to delete everything inside "Vehicles" and "Locations"? Do i get back all my purchased content plus mods, that I spent time on to find and install them? Any other way to fix it?
    Thanks for help!

9. João Maurizio Gurtner

if all the mods are on the workshop and you dont unsubscribe them then you should not have any problems if you delete them from the folder since they will reinstall themselves when you restart rf2, but it will take a while depending on how many mods you have subscribed.

10. David O'Reilly

This week I got that message and it was due to some of the tracks for that series I had used for FSR and FSR track mods had downloaded.
    I used file explorer and went to installed locations. Then I deleted just the extra mods. Did not uninstall any tracks.
    Then it worked. It was a 5 min job.

11. tennenbaum

tennenbaum Registered

@Joao and David: Thanks! But I'm afraid I don't fully get what to do. Problem is i don't know which content I have to delete to make signing up with formula pro challenge possible. According to Joao, as long as i don't unsubscribe from content, I could delete all the content (catching the ones that cause the problem) and with restart all my content would be installed again, but this time in a way that incompatibilities would't occur again, correct? Or would the same 'critical' content be loaded again and would cause the same problem again - and eventually David's method of deleting the specific troublesome content is needed? (Which leaves me again clueless, because i don't know which one causes the problem ;-)

12. João Maurizio Gurtner

that is what ive done, and i did not have any problems since. But let david explain to you his process since its less time consuming first, if it does not help then delete the files from the folders ive mentioned.

13. David O'Reilly

Hi, I will explain a little more what I did and share 3 screenshots that will show the file path.
    Make a list of all tracks to be used in the Competition System series you are entering. (EG for the BMW Class 1 it was Monza, Silverstone. Indy, Loch Drummond, Spa, Malaysia.)
    What you are going to do is remove any mods that you may have downloaded by entering a server with that track but with a specific track mod. It might only be signage, might be different cut tracks etc. I guess they need to ensure a level playing field as a mod could for example change a track to make it faster.
    Go to microsoft file explorer and follow the path as per the pics to each installed/location.
    1st pic shows Zandvoort because it has some files that would be a problem.
    Only the file 2.27 should be there, the others are mods to the track used by a league (FSR).
    Pic 2 shows you what is in a standard location folder.
    Pic 3 shows you the contents of a mod file that needs to be deleted.
    So in this example I would delete the two extra files "2020" and "2021v1"
    Click on the folder/s and hit delete.
    Do that for each track.
    CS_file_management.jpg CS_file_management2.jpg CS_file_management3.jpg

14. tennenbaum

tennenbaum Registered

@david and Joao: Guys thank you so much! I'll try and keep you posted if it worked.

Edit (Solved): thanks! The procedure described by David worked out for me!

Last edited: Jul 9, 2021
    David O'Reilly likes this.
  15. Pollinflas

Pollinflas Registered

Hi. Throughout this week I've tried everything proposed here and in other forums and I was only able to join GTC. Other content don't let me signing up because "incompatible upgraded cars or tracks". I've unsubscribed twice, reinstalled twice, not dowloading any content but the required for the competitions, and still not able to sign up. Honestly, I'm starting to give up. Just wanted to have some fun in the evening, not this nightmare :( Thanks for the help in this topic, pity it was not useful for me.

16. davehenrie

davehenrie Registered

Check the local and store tabs under Manage Content. Verify that the cars you THINK are installed properly are indeed correct. Owned cars should have green checks, cars you don't own should first be installed and then shown with orange checks. YOU MUST OWN ALL THE TRACKS if you are racing. Those too must have green checks. If there is a car that you know you own, but is shown with that partially installed Orange check, then uninstall and then install again.

17. Pollinflas

Pollinflas Registered

Thanks Dave, I did it indeed twice but something is wrong in the proccess. I own all rf2 content. Thanks a lot anyway.

18. davehenrie

davehenrie Registered

dang. sorry. Have you edited your player.json file at all?