Latest Roadmap Update - June 2021

Discussion in 'News & Notifications' started by Paul Jeffrey, Jun 30, 2021.

1. Paul Jeffrey

Paul Jeffrey

buzz hornet, RaceNut, memoNo1 and 7 others like this.
  2. davehenrie

davehenrie Registered

At least we won't have to put up with those stretched car-shapes with this gem. The Current F1 cars should be referred to as, Limousines. They are just so long. I think it was Alonso, after watching highlights from his career, stated that the older cars just 'looked' so much faster when racing. Certainly the new cars are super fast...just super long as well. Looking forward to this...
    One question, besides looking like the 2022 F1, will the Aero changes also come with the car? Will we get a high exit from the rear wing to minimize turbulence?

3. Joel Fernandes

Joel Fernandes Registered

Paul talk to your boss about hybrid engines. we've been waiting for this for years.

avenger82, Schumi and Elcid43 like this.
  4. Christian Wolter

Christian Wolter Registered

Oh I hope he drives like he looks

Schumi and ThomasJohansen like this.
  5. Lazza

Lazza Registered

Like most (older) people I love the high revving engines, but talking about the future of top tier formula (basically F1, without saying so) and not having hybrid? Weird.

Overlay tyre compound display? Great. When will tyre compound use be mandated? Any progress on reusing, and limited sets?

Protocol - not protocal.

6. leseb64

leseb64 Registered

When will the gearbox protection be coded?
    It doesn't feel real to be able to drop 6th>1st gear in 1s...

avenger82 and Remco Majoor like this.
  7. hitm4k3r

hitm4k3r Registered

^This. I prefer the good old V10 engines but it feels a bit like a lost opportunity to not release hybrid technology, even if it's in a generic way, to please the tech nerds in this community and give modders something to work with. One thing I got to say though is that this cars is the best looking so far when it comes to the interpretation of future openwheelers. If find the iRacing pretty ugly for example.

With the tyre compount display in the overlays it's the same thing. It feels kind of backwards to implement such a feature, when there aren't more critical features like limitation for tire sets or options to reuse old tires. Anyway, let's see how the sim shapes up in the next couple of months.

Schumi and Joel Fernandes like this.
  8. lagg

lagg Registered

The new Formula Pro Car is very strange.
    Taking in account the sound, wheight, power and RPM, it seems a V8, but the design seems to fit with the 2022 rules.
    F1 fans in this sim are very fanatics of the rules.
    I've been in charge of a F1 leage for 10 years and i don't have any idea about the acceptation of this car by the F1 fans.

Ho3n3r likes this.
  9. Ho3n3r

Ho3n3r Registered

Agreed. The 680KG weight is a very curious choice, seeing as F1 cars are already up to 790KG next year, and no sign of it coming down in the future, after mentioning "a realization of how top tier open wheel formula racing will be represented in the years ahead" - as you say, more of a glimpse back into the past than anything else.

avenger82 and lagg like this.
  10. RNeves

RNeves Registered

Nice to see new cars and tracks being added. Its also nice to see some progress on the competition system.
    But this game is also in need of some bug fixes on the cars, like the fact that lowering the tire pressures to stupidly low pressures makes the cars faster, detaching the rear ARB and putting the rear wing on the lowest angle makes the cars go super fast on the straights, while maintaining ridiculous speeds on the curves. And many other exploits that ar so popular with the so called "aliens".
    Also other things like engine and transmission damage models, need to be implemented to the game.
    Cheers

11. lagg

lagg Registered

I agree with the esence of yoyr post, but "detaching the rear ARB and putting the rear wing on the lowest angle makes the cars go super fast on the straights, while maintaining ridiculous speeds on the curves." is not a fact of rF2.
    It's possible that some cars have this problems but try this on the the FISI, Tatuus, Mcl MP4/8, MP4/13, etc.
    I only drive OW and haven't seen this problem. Then i suposse that it's a content problem, not an engine problem.
    I wanted to point this out, because the problem and the solution are totally different

Nieubermesch likes this.
  12. Corgan

Corgan Registered

I'm waiting for this:

USF2000 | rFactor 2 Steam Workshop: Click Here.

Although the car certainly doesn’t look out of place in comparison to more recent cars, we acknowledge that work does need to be done to the vehicle in order to step up the overall experience and quality in line with recent content releases – and hopefully if all goes to plan the month of April should see the fruits of those labours, with both a PBR visual refresh and some further refinements to the physics and actual driving experience of these little beauties. Hopefully, a mini USF2000 revival within our player base will quickly follow on the heels of this update!

What happened? Will it be released in the near future?

TheGame316, sg333, FrC and 1 other person like this.
  13. Reiche

Reiche Registered

Is there any news with regards to the M4 GT3? I’m starting to feel like the race car at least is not that ugly anymore to me, so I guess I’m prepared for a release :D

Nieubermesch likes this.
  14. davehenrie

davehenrie Registered

There is some quote I'm gonna butcher....Fast may not be pretty, but it's fast.

Nieubermesch and Reiche like this.