BMW M4 Class 1 2021

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Paulfield, Jun 23, 2021.

1. Rastas

Rastas Registered

Just because is RF2 i shouldnt detach the ARB?By your toughs only race car mods shuold be alowed in RF2,no rally cars,no drift cars,no street cars etc etc.......big face palm......

2. Nieubermesch

Nieubermesch Registered

OMG, I meant this particular car, that is not supposed to be driven like that and there is more joy to drive this cars realistically (at least for most that prefer to play simulations for the realism... but I see why it isn't so popular :)). There are other cars where you have to detach and do all sort of different things to drive like they did and isn't far off. I don't really care if you drive with strange setups, but at least hope the physics can punish that and not allow exploits to the best they can. Just that. By the way, I love rallying and other driving disciplines lol, I just meant detaching the ARB on a car like this is not something you will see other then a simulation or just some fun porpose. The guy who mentioned detaching the ARB is just so he can control the throtle, not really the same as fun porpposes...

3. Nieubermesch

Nieubermesch Registered

Yeah, not full realism and also not far far way from realism... But whatever, continue to be fast driving like an arcade... For that go for arcade games... I don't get it.

4. TheGame316

TheGame316 Registered

FrontAntiSwayBase=
    This line may explain why a detached roll bar may still have stiffness, if it is set up in the HDV.
    Unfortunately the files for this vehicle are encrypted, unlike the 3d model itself.....

5. Paulfield

Paulfield Registered

So supersimguy they need to remove virtual mirrors from game and force cockpit view and disable all the difficulty setting so it is more realism. You are a champ LOL.

Nieubermesch likes this.
  6. Nieubermesch

Nieubermesch Registered

Of course not... It's an arbitrary thing, but my point is that there is less joy in my opinion to make strange setups. It's not a clear thing, but some aspects that sims offer in terms of tools that don't exist is normally to compensate for equipment limitations, like virtual mirrors... Not everyone has VR or a triple screen that you can see all of your mirrors... They don't need to force anything like that, but for those seeking more realism I mean there is more joy to go as much realistic as possible, and detaching ARB is not that, or rather, if that detached ARB means you can exploit and drive easily where in real life it wouldn't happen. There are people who play this sims to be the best and competitive, but some physics exploits ruin their simulation value.

I just got that knee jerk reaction more because of the known exploits linked to detached ARB. I don't really care if people use it to make it easier on the setups, if it means that no exploits or faster way of driving is possible and actual world record fast...

avenger82 likes this.
  7. Lazza

Lazza Registered

Possibly, yes.

Perhaps more likely is that "Detached" isn't really detached unless you make it so using Special overrides. The currently downloadable physics spreadsheet doesn't do this. The game offers a switch to detach the ARB but doesn't actually do anything with it - except display "Detached" in the garage (while maintaining the normal base ARB value).

8. Filip

Filip Registered

No, you don't.
    There are players who experiment, recognise exploits and will do anything to achieve better lap times.
    And there are those who try to immerse themselves into driving a sim car the way they think it drives in real life and refuse to develop unrealistic techniques.

When I was a kid if I found exploit/bug in a sim that lets me fly over chicane and gain time I would do it.
    No way I would do it nowadays, it simply doesn't interest me, it doesn't fit into my motives of playing racing sim.

EricW, Nieubermesch and Rui Santos like this.
  9. Nieubermesch

Nieubermesch Registered

This!

10. EricW

EricW Registered

I am far from being a kid either in age, my brain tries to fool me daily though ;)
    And I agree fully with you.
    I'm confident that behind the scenes people work hard and passionate on it.
    But imo this discussion only distracts and puts focus on one of the least important short comings that need to be addressed to improve the overall experience in RF2.
    (The basic setup is not bad at all btw, very enjoyable and well done)

Last edited: Jun 28, 2021
  11. John R Denman

John R Denman Registered

Free! Now tell us what we did wrong!
    Normally I'm not much for racing sedans due to the lack of tunability, but hey, its free, so I gave it a whirl.

Nice addition to the fleet.

Nieubermesch likes this.
  12. Germano Cervini

Germano Cervini Registered

good day, I've been trying the "BMW M4" for a week now, but is it possible that to go fast with this car, the curbs should not be touched in any way ?, is it real like that ?, because if I take the curbs the car yes breaks down waste time, it seems unreal to me, who knows more than me

13. Rui Santos

Rui Santos Registered

Attacking curbs can make you lose time if the car is on the stiffer side. Also the wear increases, so probably yes...

14. gecervi

gecervi Registered

But is it normal for the car to behave in this way? It is the first time that a car in this magnificent simulator does not like to take curbs, you absolutely must avoid curbs, otherwise the car goes slower and flies away

15. Rui Santos

Rui Santos Registered

Probably yes!

16. David O'Reilly

David O'Reilly Registered

I've done a qualifying session and a couple of the Competition System Races today and really enjoyed it.
    This car has great FFB, great sounds, the carbon fibre detail in the cockpit is amazing.
    It does not stop on cold brakes and the front/rear grip balance evolution over a stint from Cold (oversteer) to balanced, to understeer on worn tyres is just a great immersive challenge.
    Thank you RFactor 2.

tiffarno, EricW, pkelly and 1 other person like this.
  17. lagg

lagg Registered

Have you tried the openwheelers?

18. David O'Reilly

David O'Reilly Registered

Its possibly helpful to ask ourselves why kerbs exist at all? The answer is; to dissuade us from exceeding track limits. They are designed on purpose to be very inhospitable places on which to drive. Then track designers will deal with places where big advantages can be gained with massive sausage kerbs to make them even more horrible to cross.
    The lower and stiffer the car the worse it is.
    In short-that's their job.

19. AMillward

AMillward Registered

Class 1 has waaaay more aero on tap than a GT3, a BTCC or a V8 Supercar and they run stupid low to the ground, as well as being pretty stiff to keep the ride heights stable with the downforce. So going over kerbs is going to mess around with balance, cause grounding and all sorts.

Same way you won’t find an f1 car able to take the sorts of kerb attack that a GT can, because it’s too reliant on aero than mechanical.

see here: not using a lot of kerb. GT3 would be using more of the green stuff that’s a bit higher. [​IMG]

20. davehenrie

davehenrie Registered

ah yes, the curb is always greener on the other side.

David O'Reilly and Nieubermesch like this.