possible issue with new SSR reflections

Discussion in 'Bug Reports' started by Smeghead, Jun 25, 2021.

1. Smeghead

Smeghead Registered

have been loving the new SSR rain reflections in the release candidate but I've noticed a bit of an anomaly.
    When you drive under a bridge or something that crosses the track all the reflections will disappear.
    eg at Sebring coming round the final corner all looks great and then as you pass under the bridge all reflections disappear and the whole track looks dry and then once you're out from under the bridge all reflections come back. or maybe it's by design ?

Last edited: Jun 25, 2021
  2. doddynco

doddynco Registered

Rain is blocked by the bridge, so the track is dry underneath.

3. Smeghead

Smeghead Registered

ok, thats correct but what I mean is whilst your're in that shadow/dry bit all other parts of the track lose reflections and look dry, not just the bit under the bridge and then they become reflective again as you come out, its like all reflections turn off whilst you are under the bridge

4. davehenrie

davehenrie Registered

almost like the 'Under the Bridge' only has become a global setting?

5. Lazza

Lazza Registered

I'm not getting that on my side. Have you tried clearing shaders and cbash? If that doesn't help, try posting your graphics/display settings here, maybe something you've selected is broken.

(maybe check with another car, depending what you're using. I just checked in the new BMW, but I don't think I saw that when driving the FISI either)

6. Smeghead

Smeghead Registered

hmm, I just ran a quick session on my monitors in order to get some screenshots but all looked fine.
    Maybe it's only a VR issue.
    I left all settings the same just disabled VR at startup
    I guess we'd need another VR user to confirm or deny

7. mjo1704

mjo1704 Registered

i have noticed that on some third party tracks the reflection is not on the whole track. reflection is missing from some part of the track.
    studio 397 lines reflection usually works well except for the new Monza where there is a small non-reflective portion.

8. Smeghead

Smeghead Registered

seems to not be track specific, here's a sequence passing under the bridge on the main straight at the newly released monza.
    I'm 20210627143204_1.jpg 20210627143208_1.jpg 20210627143210_1.jpg using a pimax 5k and nvidia 2070. can provide more specific details if required

9. mjo1704

mjo1704 Registered

sometimes i have to load the track twice to get the ssr reflection visible on the track. otherwise there is no problem with the reflection. this problem occurs on both studio 397 tracks as well as third party tracks