Do You Think The Development Curve Of Other Sims Like AMS2 Is Good For RF2?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Paul McC, Jun 23, 2021.

?

Do You Think The Development Curve Of Other Sims Like AMS2 Is Good For RF2?

1. yes

2. no

Results are only viewable after voting.
  1. AlexHeuskat

AlexHeuskat Registered

with AMS2 I full press the throttle every time, with rF2, if I do the same, I crash in every turn every time, it's not the same at all. And I dont talk about the FAR SUPERIOR FFB and PHYSICS in rF2...you overrate AMS2, it's not closed to rF2 at all, it's closed to Project cars 2, but even Project cars 2 has throttle control...

2. Nieubermesch

Nieubermesch Registered

Lol, it's not the place to trash sims like you do anywhere if you are not really correct about it, but I don't care. Continue.

3. AlexHeuskat

AlexHeuskat Registered

I dont care about AMS2. It's casual, and for me it's arcade.

juanchioooo likes this.
  4. Nieubermesch

Nieubermesch Registered

You're wrong.

5. hitm4k3r

hitm4k3r Registered

I wouldn't say that AMS2 is an arcade game, far from it. But what puzzled me a bit was that I was driving lap times in the ballpark of the qualy laps that they set around Nordschleife during these years 24 hour event without too much practice. I don't consider myself a pro driver eventhough I know my way around the track pretty good and these years conditions weren't optimal, but it just felt not right to get in to the pro lap times with very few practice in the car (911 GT3). Same goes for the Group C cars that are very easy to go flat through Eau Rouge on the 1993 layout even with a full tank in the warm up lap. I don't know how you feel about it, but it just seems very simplified for some cars. They are pumping out cars faster than anybody else and it's quite obvious that this doesn't help the quality of those cars. On the track side it's top notch though and the FFB as improved. That said, it misses alot that AMS1 had.

Nieubermesch likes this.
  6. juanchioooo

juanchioooo Registered

AMS2 is very, very arcade and I don't like it at all, it's just another Project CARS
    in rfactor I don't care about the AI, since I don't play offline
    I'm not worried about the AI that I never use it, in any case, what I don't understand is how those who don't like rfactor come here, and they love other simulators, whatever simulator it is,
    go to where there are websites of their simulators that you like

AlexHeuskat likes this.
  7. Roninho

Roninho Registered

Well i don't think people will disagree that RF2 is a very realistic sim (arguably the best). However i think the topic starter did not question that, but asked if people are positive about the future of RF2. And if the development issues other games (AM2) have will have a positive impact on RF2.

My short answer to that is: No i am not that positive about the future of RF2, and i don't think the issues of AMS2 will have a positive impact.

Main reason for that is that i don't see much difference in RF2 of 4 years ago versus today. The core is great & the main issues have not been tackled. I feel that RF2 is a diamond in the rough. And that S397 has not shown they are capable of fixing the issues and polishing the diamond. Meaning i am not positive and expect the game to eventually fade away when competition do get their act together.

Kahel likes this.
  8. hitm4k3r

hitm4k3r Registered

I guess that's not really the point. He asked if the fast development of other products might have an influence on the development of rF2 in terms of applying preassure due to competition in the market. Atm there is no other moddable sim available that's still developed wich gives S397 a relatively comfortable position. AC2 could change that if it offers a similar feature set and open nature, but that's two years away. S397 better use that time efficiently. What's a bit of a pointer to get their stuff right are the recent Steam reviews and the dropping player numbers wich are at a pre pandemic level now. If they haven't noticed by now that you can't neglect long standing issues for ever then I don't know what else should help. It's clear that the new UI needs a considerable push and that the AI and other core issues need to be taken more seriously. I don't know how one can be so stubborn to push aside the single player development of a product, that once was regared as the best in business after breaking certain parts of that area and making it worse for years. If you break something you need to fix it in a matter of weeks and not years, no matter if the other stuff goes according to plan :rolleyes:

9. R.Noctua

R.Noctua Registered

No. I've wanted a normal AI and HUD for years, not eSports every time.

Nieubermesch likes this.
  10. FAlonso

FAlonso Registered

how do they do it here?

Pawel44 likes this.
  11. Travis

Travis Registered

Reiza are an excellent dev team who maximised isiMotor 2 with AMS. I backed their public funding for what has become AMS 2. They've done an amazing amount of work fettling the Madness engine and I am overall happy with their results thus far.

Anyone with access to the private area 51 beta forum would have no doubts about the effort and passion Reiza has concerning AMS 2. Renato knows there is a lot of work still to be done and they are a small team so changes take time. Having access to SMS staff likely helps too. New builds happen weekly and often a few times per week.

Their biggest issue is there is far too much content in a beta state and people are judging this as final versions.

rF2 under the stewardship of S397 started off well enough; the move to DX 11 was very welcome as has been the upgrades to the visuals and the addition of laser scanned tracks.

What I find worrisome are the missed opportunities by S397. History is largely repeating itself. The virtual Le Mans debacles pre COVID-19 and during COVID-19 should have refocused S397's efforts to fix both legacy and current issues.

With rF2, I have a UI that took years to leave the beta phase that doesn't remember by monitor resolution, simple stuff like the wrong information for some paid-for DLC cars (e.g. Porsche 911 engine is listed as a V6) and missing details such as the working lock-up indication lights in said Porsche GT3 variants or missing tape on steering wheels.

The AI have devolved from class leading to average and the current dev focus is on e-sports. Forum members should not be making AIW paths to fix both the AI for paid DLC and free S397 content.

On the plus side, the FFB in rF2 remains fantastic & with the right car and track combination, the driving in rF2 can be compelling. As stated, S397 have done a great job with their laser scanned tracks and the more recent updates to older tracks.

I hope the cash injection by Motorsport Games can see a return to fixing issues and making the offline experience as good as the e-sports side.

Last edited: Jun 27, 2021
    Magus likes this.