Released Released | Autodromo Nazionale di Monza

Discussion in 'News & Notifications' started by Paul Jeffrey, Jun 24, 2021.

1. AlexHeuskat

AlexHeuskat Registered

I have found a fix for the flashy green at sunny condition, race with mostly cloudy, the trees have a very dark and beauty green.

Last edited: Jun 25, 2021
  2. Dady Cairo

Dady Cairo Registered

You should refund AMS2 then now immediately. without delay.....

juanchioooo and Filip like this.
  3. AlexHeuskat

AlexHeuskat Registered

I can't I have bought AMS2 at early access, I have 40hours (almost in 2 years), and I wont play more....My friends too prefer rF2, we are hardcore drivers, for arcade, Forza Horizon it's funnier than AMS2. We all state AMS 2 as casual...

4. Dady Cairo

Dady Cairo Registered

Yep,RF2 needs hardcore drivers like you and your friends...with a lot of patience.

Akela_DE and Nieubermesch like this.
  5. AlexHeuskat

AlexHeuskat Registered

AMS2 needs casual players like you, it's a fail, but I'm happy there is one fan.
    If you want you can add me on steam, we can race with Dirt rally 2 or Wreckfest, I will be happy to push you in the wall.

Last edited: Jun 25, 2021
    Dady Cairo likes this.
  6. Luprosx

Luprosx Registered

Finally a great Monza for rFactor 2
    Thank you 397, very good!

7. Maarten Nauta

Maarten Nauta Registered

I ended up buying this because I liked the new free BMW so much :). The track is pretty good. My main standard VR complaint is that this track is quite heavy fps wise. Probably its the many trees around the track.

Now go use the 8 euro to get someone to fix the jolts of the DD wheels on restarts please studio397 :)

R.Noctua likes this.
  8. ThomasJohansen

ThomasJohansen Registered

Great track, worth the money.
    a little bug, after curve grande, some AI's hit the brakes, when they are supposed to go full throttle.

9. Nieubermesch

Nieubermesch Registered

LOL! If you are genuine about your views, you will see that this new car has tires that are more on edge than the ones in GT cars from S397... Then you will also realize that those cars are probably just as much on rails as AMS2, compared to this new car... When I drove the new DTM I had actually been driving DTM cars from URD and those cars have tires different from S397 - closer to what've got here - and I didn't see the difference. The ammount of forgiveness I felt from the tires on a GTE for example, was really astonishing... So stop with the BS about AMS2 when even here on RF2 there is a known problem with some forgiveness of the cars made by S397.

10. AlexHeuskat

AlexHeuskat Registered

If you don't see the difference with URD or AMS2, it's time to play the Crew2, you won't see the difference, and you will have a big big map to have fun. And if you can't see the difference, it explains why you think AMS2 is similar to rF2....

This new M4 Classe 1 is one of the best cars in rF2, very hard to control, not like the AMS2 rail feeling at all.

Last edited: Jun 26, 2021
    Nieubermesch likes this.
  11. Nieubermesch

Nieubermesch Registered

Well, I am comparing AMS2 not with the new car... I am comparing with cars tires from S397 that are know to be easily exploited... I am testing right now the GT3s again and there is definelty still not enough wheel spin... But apart from that the porsche at least is not far off from what it does right now in RF2 do to those more sluggish tires that Madness engine is also known for... For GTEs I'll have to test more. My problem is that you keep trashing AMS2 as being arcade and it isn't really, some cars spin out like crazy under throtle in AMS2... I would say the problem is that the GT3 cars are a bit of a copy from the ones that existed in PC2 and suffered from the same problem...

The URD cars I like more then most of S397 in terms of tire feeling and feel quite more tight.

12. Nieubermesch

Nieubermesch Registered

Seems like GTE's (like I said) are where Reiza has moslty done everything well... Definetly not on rails this car. Compared to the GT3 porsche I admit the GT3 has really tamed wheel spin. AMS2 is close when it does things right, not every car... Some cars are horrendous...

See the horrendous Arcade of RF2 then :)

13. AlexHeuskat

AlexHeuskat Registered

Again you ? you try to prove AMS2 is closed to rF2, no way, with GT3/GTE/DPi it's casual, you always full press the gas, without nuance and control, I don't need a video, I have the both games, and AMS2 is targeted to be casual, with a rail feeling, the GTE are on a big rail, without any throttle control, that's why rF2 is there, for pure simracers who want challenge, if not we can play with or AMS2, or The crew 2, it's the same, and I have The crew 2, I like it, the GT3 or GTE or DPI in AMS2 are closed to The crew 2.

AMS2 is very close to The Crew 2, sincerely, about throttle control, you press everytime the gas at maximum, do this in rF2, you crash at the first turn.

And it's rF2 forum, in the Monza thread, so post here for AMS2 : https://forum.reizastudios.com

14. Lazza

Lazza Registered

If you want to talk games, go post in the Other Games section. I don't care which game you like, which game you think is more realistic, what features mean the most to you and which games do those best. If I want to look at other games to work out what I want to play I'll go look at other games - not an rF2 thread.

I suspect the majority of people reading this thread will feel the same.

IMHO.

Dady Cairo, lagg, Raven80 and 7 others like this.
  15. Corgan

Corgan Registered

And of course you were the one who mentioned AMS2 first... I mean, bashed.

Dady Cairo and Nieubermesch like this.
  16. williang83

williang83 Registered

100% this! For those who focus mainly on SP, this track is the anti-SP since rF2 AI cannot perform slipstream overtake. Perhaps among all the official tracks so far, this is the worst for SP.

17. williang83

williang83 Registered

I mean i can understand some reference when it adds more data to better analyze a given feature of rf2, on the other hand having a full post talking entirely about another game is way too much

Nieubermesch likes this.
  18. wrff.tiger@gmail

wrff.tiger@gmail Registered

Incredible version of Monza! Great detail all around the track. You guys did an incredible job. Is there anyway that we could get a version based on earlier years with gravel traps instead of paved run-off areas?

19. hitm4k3r

hitm4k3r Registered

How is it dumb if I share my observation? As said, maybe I just had luck during my race but my race wasn't a train and the AI was certainly agressive enough. It was similar to the PSC that you can watch on TV. I could have easily increased the difficulty and would have had a workout. Ofcourse I am aware of the drawbacks that the AI departement in this sim has, but it doesn't stop me from having decent offline races nevertheless. My point is, I set my expecations accordingly and the AI in rF2 is certainly not worse than in other products in the market.

20. mantasisg

mantasisg Registered

Personally I like previously available Monza mod. But this track is such a high level and quality it just simply is entirely new Monza. I drove Monza a lot in AC, some in ACC. But untill I drove this I realised that I never really drove Monza. S397 did it again, hands down making best tracks in simracing, simple, clean, natural and with a road so realistic, physical and alive other sims feel like synthetic and cheap.

What a great combo with fabulous new BMW, which I also love.