Released Released | Autodromo Nazionale di Monza

Discussion in 'News & Notifications' started by Paul Jeffrey, Jun 24, 2021.

1. Paul Jeffrey

Paul Jeffrey

Hello sim racers...

New track!!

Yes, today is 2 content release day with the introduction of... MONZA!

Find out all you need to know here: https://www.studio-397.com/2021/06/released-autodromo-nazionale-di-monza/

Happy racing!

Edit 30.06.2021:

Monza hotfix update v1.11 Now Available
    - Fixed issue where AI would sometimes brake at Curve Grande
    - General Improvements to AI

monza_2021_screen_10.jpg

Last edited: Jun 30, 2021
  2. memoNo1

memoNo1 Registered

Yeah finally!
    Insta buy about my Steam app! :cool::D

3. AlexHeuskat

AlexHeuskat Registered

20210624182241_1.jpg

20210624182622_1.jpg

20210624182826_1.jpg

20210624182348_1.jpg

Are you sure the trees has the good PBR update, with sunny condition many trees have the flashy green from the old tracks without PBR update...Unlike SPA, the trees are not really beauty

Monza Trees.jpg

Last edited: Jun 24, 2021
    davehenrie, Nieubermesch and R.Noctua like this.
  4. davehenrie

davehenrie Registered

Any alternate layouts?

5. Schumi

Schumi Registered

GP only

6. Hoshi

Hoshi Registered

The track does not look overwhelmingly good to be honest. First time that I'm considering a steam refund.

AlexHeuskat and Ho3n3r like this.
  7. AlexHeuskat

AlexHeuskat Registered

I think the last PBR updates are not present, particulary for the trees, we have the old flashy green. Update is incoming, but when ?
    Compared to SPA, I admit, it's ugly.
    Don't refund, just drive, it will be upadated later, but maybe very very later....

Rui Santos and Hoshi like this.
  8. atomed

atomed Member

Is oval going to come?

Love Guitars n Cars likes this.
  9. Adrianstealth

Adrianstealth Registered

Brill I’ll grab this along with spa soon
    Iconic tracks !

10. bobbie424242

bobbie424242 Registered

It's green.

11. Mauro

Mauro Registered

12. AlexHeuskat

AlexHeuskat Registered

did you refund, the more I drive the track, the more I find it ugly....me too I think about refund and will wait the for PBR fix....there is a general feeling that it's rushed, and not beauty like SPA, or Sebring....

Nieubermesch likes this.
  13. instinkt

instinkt Registered

are u here to drive or for treetops bird spotting :D

14. AlexHeuskat

AlexHeuskat Registered

yes, but there is a general weird feeling, if SPA I give 10/10 about graphics, Monza, sadly I give 4.5/10, it needs fix....And I spend a lot of time only for screenshots...

15. Nieubermesch

Nieubermesch Registered

I noticed that fist time I saw the video on Traxion. Trees are odd!

16. atomed

atomed Member

M4's spinning out between Lesmos 1&2, otherwise fantastic job, love it.

17. Alex Sawczuk

Alex Sawczuk Administrator Staff Member

The track was balanced to release candidate if that helps at all, and the trees also to some tweaks that will be in the next RC.

18. mantasisg

mantasisg Registered

Me too,

Looked pretty good for bright sun day to me, but must admit I watched on my lesser monitor which very much likely has lowish brightness and poorish contrast. I have a much better one, next time..

Also I remember I used to have some problems with new PBR tracks, as for example I was very unimpressed by Drummond, Nords wasn't great too, but then learned to delete cbash and shaders or something like that and it helped much. I also wonder what wonders being on older build does (I know, not a fan of new UI too).

Nieubermesch likes this.
  19. memoNo1

memoNo1 Registered

@Alex Sawczuk

Good Evening.

The AIW file doesn't work really well.
    Neither with the new M4 or the GT3.
    That's a bitter disappointment for single players like me.
    Is there a fix coming soon?
    so I can't recommend buying it to anyone who wants to do a few laps against the AI in the evening.

Schumi likes this.
  20. burgesjl

burgesjl Registered

Haven't bought this yet, but looking forward to giving it a go.

For everyone who gets a chance: please make sure you go to the actual track - it's real bucket-list stuff. It's a wonderful place. I got a chance a few years ago to go with an old friend; we stayed in Milan for a long weekend, and I'd recommend that as well. Milan is typical Italian chaos; stylish on the one hand, lovely old buildings with crazy graffiti everywhere, and underground trains with no aircon means its hard to stay looking cool! We were lucky enough to get a little table in a little restaurant next to the Opera on the Friday, and there was a huge table of people in Ferrari shirts (owners, I think and not just regular tifosi) enjoying their risotto. You get to the track using local old rattly diesel trains, packed to the gills with race fans from around the world, to the tiny Biassono-Lesmo station, and exit to this hole in the ancient surrounding wall that looks like it would disintegrate into dust should you touch it, through the grey haired old ticket collectors, and then into the track under a tunnel and basically to the inside of Lesmo 1. You are in the trees - huge reverberations, its really a very strange effect. Inside the track (and a lot outside it) is an old park, its quite a nice place to go for a hike or a picnic in fact and when cars are not running you'd have no idea it was a racetrack. But the cars start up in the pits, and its a banshee wail and echo chamber. Lesmo 1 is in fact steeply banked, never seems right in a sim even though laser scanned. You can stand by the armco and look right down into the cockpit... amazing. Of course the rest of the track is old as well, the little villa on the drop under the bridge, and large parts of the old banked oval you can walk on. It's an amazing feeling of history and nostalgia, very emotional place to be. I hope they've captured this. At the end of the race they'll let you walk the track, down to the podium, around Parabolica we went (sat down towards T1 in an ancient grandstand for the race, but on other days the other grandstands were open to anyone). Sadly Ferrari were shit that year - enjoyed watching Schumacher spin on the way into Parabolica and make rude gestures to the tifosi, who refused to turn up on the Sunday to watch the humiliation! But that meant a lesser atmosphere on race day. Chaos getting back to Milan after! Wish we'd have had more time to visit Modena and the car factories to the north, and do Como. Maybe one day.

For you Italians: don't ever let them develop this site. What you've got is wonderful. Silverstone is sh*t by comparison, and every time they modernize it, it loses more soul.

Last edited: Jun 24, 2021