Share my setup with the AI in the new UI

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by JParra, Jun 22, 2021.

1. JParra

JParra Registered

Does anyone know how to share my setup with the AI to improve it, from the new user interface?

Thanks.

2. Roninho

Roninho Registered

I would like to know this as well. I have tried using the fixed setup in the json file, and assigned a setup to the ai. But it does not work since the ai does not use the pitstopstrategy set in the setup

3. Joan Prim Armengol

Joan Prim Armengol Registered

Load the setup you want the AI to use and then force it. It's at the same place where you load/save setups

4. JParra

JParra Registered

Thanks, here's how to do it, I had tried it but in the same session it didn't work, I had to restart at the weekend, so that the AI could get the setup.

Greetings.

[​IMG] [​IMG]

pkelly and atomed like this.
  5. atomed

atomed Member

Great, I thought that button was to make it the default setup for the user only, not also the AI.

6. Roninho

Roninho Registered

@JParra the thing is when i do that the AI does not follow the pit stop strategy set in the setup. And they all have different strategies, including some doing weird stuff like a 3 stopper in lap 24, 29 and 60. I do not know if they are using the setup, but the AI is for sure not using the pit stop strategy from the setup.

7. davehenrie

davehenrie Registered

about the only way to prevent a 30 lap run would be to run with half tanks of fuel. But if 30ish is what you want, I'm not sure what to do. I seem to recall the AI pit differently when running timed races vs laps counted. So possibly altering from 2hr races to XX number of laps that would equal 2hrs, or vice versa, might reward you.
    Pit windows worked easily in rF1, you could edit...the ....gdb file(?) and carve out two or three+ very concrete pit windows. I don't think it worked as well in rF2.

atomed likes this.
  8. Roninho

Roninho Registered

@davehenrie its not that i want them to run 30ish lap, its that i want them all to run similar strategy. I can match my strategy to thay.

With forcing setup on ai i would expect them to start with a full tank since i set that in my setup (40 laps). Using log analyzer its clear threy dont, ranging from 70% to 100% fuel.
    And in the 1st stop ai pick between 6% fuel to max fuel... 6% is pitting again within 2 laps or so..

9. davehenrie

davehenrie Registered

Are you using default tracks?(& cars)
    Are you allowing the last session prior to the race to fully complete?(use time accelerate instead of finish session)
    Have you tried the timed vs laps change?(or laps vs timed)
    Are you restarting repeatedly?(don't)

None of these may help, but they do narrow the possible reasons. And finally, as with all things rF2, MARCG used to suggest backing up and then deleting the player.json to allow steam to download a fresh version. Any edits you applied to your previous version will have to be edited into the new file, so make sure you don't lose the backed-up file.

10. Vance Le Garde

Vance Le Garde Registered

I thought the AI setup was forced by the name of the setup in the track folder which is inside the rfcmp file ? The assign button will only make your default setup assigned to you, correct me if I am wrong please but you would have to open the rfcmp file and look at the track files to see the name to allow your setup to be used by the AI. Then save your setup with that name in garage and restart the weeekend.

atomed likes this.
  11. Roninho

Roninho Registered

Hi Dave, thanks for your input.
    * I have tried time accelating free practice and qualifying, but no impact.
    * I have tried to load & assign setup and then restart the weekend (As suggested by others that this would load the setup to the ai). No impact.
    * I do not restart repeatedly, i have tried multiple full races with timed accelaration without any restarting and got the same (unwanted) results
    * i have only tried this with the cart 98 mod on laguna seca laser scanned.
    * i have only tried it with laps, not with a timed race

I will try the last 2 points tonight as well as the renewal of the player file. In addition i will look at the suggestion by @vancstar

12. Roninho

Roninho Registered

In addition i have tried:
    * the suggestion of Vancstar of naming the setup like in the track file, but unfortunately that does not lead the AI to run stops similar to my setup
    * the suggestion by @davehenrie to delete the player file. I did this, but unfortunately no luck.

13. davehenrie

davehenrie Registered

for rF1/GTR2, there was a very precise name that had to be used based on the track. something that used the EXACT trackname as listed in the gdb file. I have no recollection of the exact format. but something like this: cart_98_Laguna_Seca.svm. That is the rF1 format, not rF2.

14. Vance Le Garde

Roninho
    Did you open the track files and look inside the GDB file to see the name the AI cars use for hteir setup to force them to load it ? It is a process but should work once you namea setup that same name.

15. Vance Le Garde

I guess forcing the setup for the AI as well as making the AI think and race the same strategy is harder to achieve.

16. Roninho

Roninho Registered

@davehenrie & @vancstar i looked into the GDB file and used that exact name. The AI don't use the strategy. Loganalyzer confirms this.
    I would expect the AI to be using the setup, just not the strategy. i have not looked into making a setup with a very short or long 6th gear to see if i can hear them using my setup though. But for sure they don't use the pit strategy.

When i use no laps but timed races then at least the AI will run with full tanks & new tires and run as long as they have limited fuel left so i can at least have a somewhat realistic race scenario. Basically start on full tank and pit for a new full tank & new tires everytime i have to pit. Then i am at least on the same 'strategy'. So it's not the strategy i set in the settings, but at least it is workeable.

I am testing a lot of stuff on how to make the CARTFACTOR mod playing versus AI offline in full races playable. Think of pit strategy, oval ai characteristics, advise on ai limiter for oval vs rc, slowwhenpushed in track file, which indycar tracks to use for decent aiw etc. etc. I will post my advise in a couple of days/weeks when i'm done testing. So this input by you guys helps a lot. cheers

Vance Le Garde, davehenrie and atomed like this.