Rfactor2 The VR thread -settings & tips

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Adrianstealth, Apr 30, 2017.

1. DJChrizz

DJChrizz Registered

I use this driver now. Repacked with NVSlimmer_v0.11
    456.71-desktop-notebook-win10-64bit-international.hf.exe
    Changing to NO XMP profile on Overclock, so a little lower speed, nothing noticeable.
    prerenderd frames in Nvidia control panel - off now
    Max Screenfrequ. set to 91
    No oc the cpu or gpu
    in Steam VR smoothing and SS to 85 (for me)
    I notice sometime a peakes while loading the track, on the racetrack most time no problem
    Its nice and good playable since 5 days now in full detail settings, 4 x AA (but on a RTX 3090) smooth and look awsome.

2. Kelju_K

Kelju_K Registered

rfactor 2 benefits from overclocking the gpu, most of all the games i have ever played. has been same with all my nvidia cards and it 's so with the 6800xt too. I definately recommend overclocking the gpu with this game, especially with nvidia cards.
    Only game(s) that came close, how much oc has had effect on performance with my nvidia cards, was the battlefield franchise. but even that was not on par on oc benefits with this game.

I make a guide to oc your gpus for this game.
    i link the thread here when it's done.

https://forum.studio-397.com/index.php?threads/overclocking-your-gpu-for-rfactor-2.69689/

Done.

Last edited: May 25, 2021
    atomed and lagg like this.
  3. Cox

Cox Registered

Hi Clemenca. Any solution about that? In my team we have the same problem.

4. Beef36

Beef36 Registered

I'm re-trying Oculus Rift VR for the first time since last year when we moved to the UI, and need help on how to see the mouse pointer.

Last year under the old UI I had no issues using the mouse to navigate and use the menu screens, however with this new UI, I can't see my mouse in VR.

I can see my mouse pointer on the mirrored screen view on my monitor, albeit it does not select any of the menu options except the News; which is the only thing that does respond to mouse clicks.

However when viewing within the VR Headset, I cannot see the mouse pointer in VR at all.

VR is working fine for other games. Would anyone know what I am doing wrong?

Thanks in advance.
    rF2 - VR - Unusable Mouse 20210709_135452.jpg rF2 - VR - Unusable Mouse 20210709_135452.jpg rF2 - VR - Unusable Mouse 20210709_135452.jpg

5. Daniel Erstling

Daniel Erstling Registered

What kind of resolution are you using for the mirror? As far as i remember, there have been some issues taking other aspect ratios than 16:9. Maybe just try going for 1920x1080 and see if that fixes it.

What HMD are you using? Rift S here and no problems with rF2 luckily.

Beef36 and juanchioooo like this.
  6. Beef36

Beef36 Registered

Thanks for this. Changing my monitor's resolution fixed my mouse pointer issues in VR.

Cheers

Daniel Erstling likes this.
  7. PhilT

PhilT Registered

8. vincenzo

vincenzo Registered

hi i have the same problem as you using reverb g2, tell me how can i solve? thank you

9. Magus

Magus Registered

When launching rF2 from steam choose the rf2 configuration/settings option (instead of run rF2), set the monitor resolution to 1920 x 1080.

Binny likes this.
  10. vincenzo

vincenzo Registered

thanks, i finally solved

11. Magus

Magus Registered

12. FERNANDO CABRERA

FERNANDO CABRERA Registered

Today I see a new tool that basically enable the use of AMD FSR upscaling algorithm to any openvr title: openvr_fsr

Here the basic idea is that you set your target resolution on steamvr (200% native resolution) and using openvr_fsr the game will run at a lower resolution at a faster fps and the resulting image upscaled to the target resolution.
    I have been testing it in other sims before trying in rfactor2, i where able to active a VR quality uplift in assetto corsa to 300% res scale with a factor of 0.68% and same frame rate that i had before using a 160% ss
    ACC is a different beast and it runs in my laptop been cpu limited, using fsr only queen the cpu usage.
    Automobilista 2 also see a quality uplift till i hit a cpu hog, like water puddles and stars to shutter during the effect duration.
    I'll test r rfactor2 tomorrow and see if there's any gain. In quality or fps.
    Maybe I'll finally get to 90fps in rfactor2 in my old laptop.
    Here is the site where the mod it's been post

https://github.com/fholger/openvr_fsr

Agahnim likes this.
  13. juanchioooo

juanchioooo Registered

that definitely didn't work out well for me:(:(:(

14. Seven Smiles

Seven Smiles Registered

openvr_fsr note:

15. pilAUTO

pilAUTO Registered

16. ArnageIste

ArnageIste Registered

In the last couple of days I've discovered how much monitor specs affect the performance & visuals of a Rift S, I've had theories about it but I didn't find anything to back that up.
    I wrongly presumed the steam VR resolution would be the determining factor and not the in game setting.
    I just changed the monitor from an old 19 inch 1280x1024 to a 2560x1440 (still the same 3080) and setting RF2 resolution in game to 2560x1440 has made a big difference to visuals and performance in VR, it looked good before but now it's amazing driving Le Mans at night, almost feels like I'm back there, is there a bbq smell dlc available yet??:):)

Agahnim likes this.
  17. Agahnim

Agahnim Registered

Hi!

Quite interesting ! I'm also suspect these kind of interactions to have an impact on VR performance.

Don't you use "HMD only" then?

Can you be more precise about the changes you did ? I'm not sure I understand clearly what did you tweak.

18. ArnageIste

ArnageIste Registered

Literally the only change made was the monitor and the in game resolution, I've only used HMD only in settings.

It's also the same findings in X Plane 11 & Euro Truck 2 so it's not just RF2, Happy days
    Would be interesting to see if other headsets have the same outcome

19. Agahnim

Agahnim Registered

Ok for HMD only ;).

But what is the "in game" resolution you're talking about ?

Because to me there is only two different resolution settings :

- SteamVR resolution
    - Display resolution (from rFactor2 configuration panel, same place where you can set "HMD only", and only affect UI size in VR)

20. Week

Week Registered

Some way to reduce brightness in VR? I see everything too bright and colors washed out :s