Released Latest Release Candidate - June 2021

Discussion in 'News & Notifications' started by Christopher Elliott, Jun 10, 2021.

1. Remco Majoor

Remco Majoor Registered

2. philman

philman Registered

Does someone knows why the steam rfactor2 page is not updated (since 2020/12/23)

Bernat and pkelly like this.
  3. doddynco

doddynco Registered

Excellent work guys. Graphically, it's really coming together.

One thing I notice is that when an object reflection is magnified through lensing on the ground, it still keeps its full opacity/dominance regardless of its projected size. I feel that in real life there would be more diffussion in these cicumstances, so that the more maginifed parts of the ssr should be either more diffuse, or simply more transparent.

Also it would be nice to see a few more puddles about when the road is completely soaked. But I'd be much more excited if you gave the puddles physical properties.

The grass would look good with some patchy glossyness in the wet too.

Overall though it's a massive improvement. Before this update, I remember being so frustrated as the fact I could never see the barriers and hills in the reflection and you guys just simply figured out a great solution - so thank you!

Last edited: Jun 13, 2021
    atomed likes this.
  4. Alexandr Meshkov

Alexandr Meshkov Registered

After I change reflection settings to Ultra on RC I start to have problems with in-game sounds. Sounds are disappearing. Went back to medium settings but problem still there. I even went back to old ui build and problem still there. Deleting cbash and shaders solved problem.

5. Corti

Corti Registered

maybe someone update when return home for Christmas ... we'll wait for the next ;)

atomed likes this.
  6. djvicious

djvicious Registered

Same issue here man, Spa, overcast and storm, Oculus Rift for me. There was a lot of pop-in with the tree reflections. On replay, I notices that 'lens blemish' effect through VR, and the reflections were misaligned with the scenery.

Magus likes this.
  7. GeraArg

GeraArg Registered

Try this

Is a Logitech problem. ;)

Corti and juanchioooo like this.
  8. elbo

elbo Registered

crazy long track load times now...

Alexandr Meshkov likes this.
  9. juanchioooo

juanchioooo Registered

I think you have been confused, or you have not understood, the same is because my level of English is very poor, and I only put what the translator tells me

I use a Thrustmaster TS-PC RACER
    I only answered to a colleague that the usb was disconnected because it was put into power suspension, both 2.0, 3.0 and 3.1, which are the ones with the most milliamps (mA).
    I just wanted to help you, because Windows puts them in power suspension, so Windows sometimes stops detecting the USB where we have our peripherals connected.
    My apologies if I was misunderstood, or if I did not help anyone, greetings and thanks:);)

10. Adrianstealth

Adrianstealth Registered

Apologies if it’s been mentioned
    The urgent fix is wheel setup the config doesn’t detect wheels that are not rotating more than approx 750 degrees -when using left right method

even when correct wheel is selected it’s still not detected

referring to OSW’s & bodnars not sure if problem exists with the more mainstream consumer systems

I had it & just been to a pals house & had to do same solution for him -change his wheel rotation to 900 degrees then rf2 detects right near the end of full rotation , to add he’s had rf2 but not used for 4 years since he got his OSW as he thought rf2 was broken etc

thanks

juanchioooo likes this.
  11. ThomasJohansen

ThomasJohansen Registered

Not all (mod) tracks do well with SSR
    That "dirt" layer gives it some funny effects

20210613204027_1.jpg 20210613204106_1.jpg 20210613204456_2.jpg

Kahel likes this.
  12. davehenrie

davehenrie Registered

Kinda the same situation when they changed the horizon graphics. A-lot of tracks began to look very off. Kinda forces track modders to follow S397 methods and abandon what may have been a very unique and good looking solution to some other part of the track's distinctive look.

13. Andy Bonar

Andy Bonar Registered

Yes, PLEASE add a skip button here.
    I had some issues that I thought might be fixed by deleting my player.json, only to find I then had to go through the wheel setup wizard, and content i didnt really want.

Also, like may have mentioned, loading tracks seems to have doubled at least, and then when you actually join, it seems to take an age before all cars are loaded and you can actually click on anything.

14. Alex Sawczuk

Alex Sawczuk Administrator Staff Member

15. Christopher Elliott

Christopher Elliott Registered

You can set
    "First Run":false,
    In your player JSON before restarting :)

16. lagg

lagg Registered

You add a wizard to avoid editing files and we have to edit a file to avoid to run the wizard?
    Why not to ask the user if he wants to run the wizard?

pilAUTO, Ralffan, pety100 and 11 others like this.
  17. Art_Pereira

Art_Pereira Registered

S397 should have asked the user if he wants to setup the controller manually or through the wizard. I could make it work, or so I think, because I didn´t delete the player and Controller.json files and made a backup BEFORE the update was installed.
    Anyway, I lost a lot of time trying to figure out what was wrong, and what was wrong was the update.
    Next time ask the users before making them to waste a lot of time looking to work out a problem S397 created.

18. JimmyT

JimmyT Registered

That's why it's a Beta test that you have to opt into.

andrea_274 and ThomasJohansen like this.
  19. Art_Pereira

Art_Pereira Registered

The update was installed by default. Steam didn´t show what was going on. It just downloaded something and I only noticed the changes once I launched rF2. By then it was too late and the damage was done.

20. Comante

Comante Registered

This is what happen when you are into a beta branch of the build.
    Release Candidate IS a beta.